Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I also have to point out that this is the second week in a row that the MW OL has made fans of their opponent come away talking about how vad their DL is.

One more and it's a pattern.

Comment

Missouri Western is looking pretty salty. They’re gonna be fun to watch when they start taking on the big boys Pitt State and NW.
      Roll Chos!

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

It's so uncharacteristic for a CB team. Real head scratcher, imo.
        This hasn’t been the product he’s put on the field since 2014.

His first 3 years we struggled with little things. But since then you could count on smart and tough teams. May not have the most athletic team but they could grind out wins. Covid break wasn’t great for this team.

Comment

I also have to point out that this is the second week in a row that the MW OL has made fans of their opponent come away talking about how vad their DL is.

One more and it's a pattern.
          I do think mw is a good team. Don’t get me wrong. I’m just upset with our on field product this year. Soft undisciplined teams just don’t fly.

I think our top 5 (nw pitt UNK mw Washburn) in the conference this year may cannibilize (sp) each other. I do unfortunately agree with something PSR said early on that I do not believe as we currently sit any of these teams are what I’d call elite like the 2011 pitt team or 2013 NW teams. That being said the year is young and there could be some development between now and play off time to prove me wrong.

Comment

Quick question, is Fuller hurt or did FHSU just decide to make a change at QB?

Comment

Originally posted by Thepeman View Post
              Quick question, is Fuller hurt or did FHSU just decide to make a change at QB?
              Believe hurt. Had a full length knee brace on. Wasn’t locked in extension so could just be an MCL sprain. There’s been nothing in the paper that I found. I didn’t listen to Browns postgame last night

Comment

Went and listened to the postgame

Brown had some complaints on guys not doing the little things right in practice.

Says Fuller is another week away but didn’t label the injury. MCL would make sense.

Comment

Originally posted by washeduptiger View Post

I do think mw is a good team. Don’t get me wrong. I’m just upset with our on field product this year. Soft undisciplined teams just don’t fly.

I think our top 5 (nw pitt UNK mw Washburn) in the conference this year may cannibilize (sp) each other. I do unfortunately agree with something PSR said early on that I do not believe as we currently sit any of these teams are what I’d call elite like the 2011 pitt team or 2013 NW teams. That being said the year is young and there could be some development between now and play off time to prove me wrong.
                  2011 Pitt didn't start out elite. They squeaked out win after win and got a little better each game, then grabbed a gear in the playoffs.

That steady improvement and perfectly timed peak is something NW has done fairly regularly.

Comment

2011 Pitt didn't start out elite. They squeaked out win after win and got a little better each game, then grabbed a gear in the playoffs.

That steady improvement and perfectly timed peak is something NW has done fairly regularly.
                    Fair point

Comment

Originally posted by EveryCatAWildman View Post

Hey, chin up, 5-6 record is still very much on the table.

I'd be surprised if they win 4 games this year. One of the most undiscipline teams we have seen at Hays since Brown has shown up. There was a few of those runs by Soto that was one block away from springing a big play. Got a feeling its going to be a long year.

Comment

Originally posted by FortHays View Post

I'd be surprised if they win 4 games this year. One of the most undiscipline teams we have seen at Hays since Brown has shown up. There was a few of those runs by Soto that was one block away from springing a big play. Got a feeling its going to be a long year.
                        That's where Coach Brown needs to elevate as a COACH. Seriously, if he can't coach this team to 6 wins by finding ways to win and being disciplined and finding players that want to win....then maybe he needs to move on? There's plenty of talent, and it was obvious outside of about 10 minutes they were toe-to-toe with NW Mo; but they seem to lack a mental capacity to not let bad things snowball and that's got to go back on the coaches.

Lincoln, Northeast, MO SO (home game) are all wins...UCO, UCM, ESU all should be just by coaching the players and being prepared. That leaves Pitt, UNK, Wash (homecoming)....all games where any given Saturday FHSU shouldn't be afraid to line up and win.

Now, the problem I see mentally; fhsu may have checked out already on the season. Coach Brown said just a couple years ago when they turned down a bowl...from then on it was playoffs or nothing. Well, FHSU is very likely out of the playoffs so what are the players thinking they are playing for with a coach that says postseason is only playoffs. One more loss and they are for sure done so players are probably walking on eggshells afraid to make mistakes, which inevitably will, which snowballs as we've seen into more problems.

Comment

Originally posted by EveryCatAWildman View Post

One more loss and they are for sure done so players are probably walking on eggshells afraid to make mistakes, which inevitably will, which snowballs as we've seen into more problems.
                          Thats another big issues. If they don't see some success this week, I think it could all crumble in a hurry.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X