Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RollChos View Post

It’s always 1942 in this forum. Pitt loves to relive the glory days.
    I want to agree with you, but I just can’t allow that based on my morals hahaha.

Comment

It’s always 1942 in this forum. Pitt loves to relive the glory days.
      It's all we have.
      That and hope.
      Last edited by Predatory Primates; 09-19-2022, 09:22 PM.

Comment

I’m glad we have glory days, versus never being glorious.

Comment

Originally posted by GorillaTeacher View Post
          Relax, UCO is “rebuilding”

Comment

Here in Joplin, it's either 1972 or 1993.

Comment

UCO, UCM, MSSU, NSU, AND Pitt are all rebuilding. It's a really fun time to be watching MIAA football.

Comment

I absolutely do not want to get ahead of ourselves here. Barring an implosion UCO *should* be 4-2 headed into week 7 with Fort Hays at home. It was previously unfathomable that this team would win 6 games but it looks likely despite the bad loss to MoSo.
                Roll Chos!

Comment

I absolutely do not want to get ahead of ourselves here. Barring an implosion UCO *should* be 4-2 headed into week 7 with Fort Hays at home. It was previously unfathomable that this team would win 6 games but it looks likely despite the bad loss to MoSo.
                  I don't think UCO was void of talent. They just needed competent coaching

Comment

Originally posted by Gorillahawk View Post

and confidence. these are young players. there are several that were playing their senior year of high school football this time last year. not that we burned the house down yesterday with our running game but our three leading rushers were 2 true freshman and a redshirt freshman.

top 3 receivers were all freshman. OF NOTE: the three senior WRs on the team, ZERO catches yesterday. our 5th year senior QB did not target those 3 one time. there's something to be said with that stat. going back to the first of the season, top 3 targets are true sophmore WR, freshman TE, freshman WR then the 6th year senior TE.

Comment

Originally posted by Gorillahawk View Post
                      I don’t want to say Bobeck was “incompetent” because he did bring us from basically being NSU to middle of the road. He just never could get over the hump of going from average to great.
                      Roll Chos!

Comment

I don’t want to say Bobeck was “incompetent” because he did bring us from basically being NSU to middle of the road. He just never could get over the hump of going from average to great.
                        agreed. he had good guys for assistants but no one that could step in and take control of their group. they just kinda stood back and let things happen.

Comment

Originally posted by GorillaTeacher View Post
                          just curious...shot at UCO?

google is free. recent sucess isn't ours but were not exactly light years behind PITT in the football history department.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
                            UCO, UCM, MSSU, NSU, AND Pitt are all rebuilding. It's a really fun time to be watching MIAA football.
                            after yesterday may need to add NW to that list

Comment

just a hunch but i think what could be happening is these younger players don't know they are supposed to be scared of the big boys. they're just going out and playing loose because they are not expected to win.

the dlineman are a bunch of hosses man. they were moving and causing confusion and demanding attention. the linebackers stayed clean most of the time and were able to flow well to the ball. i saw many times the NWM oline was having to make adjustments during the cadence because of defensive front 7 movement. shout out specifically to Largent. I'm not sure if he's lost weight or not. i hear he closer to 310 has but dang Hes still playing like Hes 340. he was commanding a double team and when he didnt get it he was standing in the QBs face. any linebacker playing behind him was almost guaranteed to be the one making the play this week. very impressive performance for them.

Fuentes left one of his rotations holding his hand. it was wrapped and he finished the game like that. actually had 2 tackles after the hand being wrapped. one of those being a sack.
                              Zane Adams didn't play. he is one of the heavy rotators for the dline but, was on the sidelines with street clothes and a jersey. supposed to be something minor. hopefully He's back this week.

as far as Offense goes, the oline did a pretty good job looking back at it now. they were firing off the ball and driving but couldn't sustain blocks long enough. rewatching i saw 53 wearing some sort of cast or wrap on his hand. shows toughness i like it. we need a little piss and vinegar. i think steph is doing what he can to make this offense run he just not either getting time to pass or they're trying to keep him from being a running QB in this particular offense. don't know which. i just like to see us adapt to what is needed. if you can look down field for 5 yardds and not see anyone in your way, you need to pull it down and run for what you can get. hurry and get to the line and run the same play to see if they cover the receivers the same way. i don't know. going To have to unleash him if we expect to win....saw it last night. ksu couldn't run the ball or pass the ball on OU but what they could do is Martinez them to death. if we have no other options, run Steph until they adjust and then start choking them with their own adjustments. just my thought.

Comment

Originally posted by NWFanatic View Post

after yesterday may need to add NW to that list
                                Dear Lord get over yourself. NW will bounce back. Very easily could run the table from here and end up 10-1. NW fans acting like the sky is falling over 1 loss on the road.
                                Roll Chos!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X