Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RollChos View Post

Dear Lord get over yourself. NW will bounce back. Very easily could run the table from here and end up 10-1. NW fans acting like the sky is falling over 1 loss on the road.
    Nah. They're just sandbagging.

Comment

Originally posted by jimbo slice View Post
      the oline did a pretty good job looking back at it now. they were firing off the ball and driving but couldn't sustain blocks long enough. rewatching i saw 53 wearing some sort of cast or wrap on his hand. shows toughness i like it. we need a little piss and vinegar. i think steph is doing what he can to make this offense run he just not either getting time to pass or they're trying to keep him from being a running QB in this particular offense. don't know which. i just like to see us adapt to what is needed. if you can look down field for 5 yardds and not see anyone in your way, you need to pull it down and run for what you can get. hurry and get to the line and run the same play to see if they cover the receivers the same way. i don't know. going To have to unleash him if we expect to win. if we have no other options, run Steph until they adjust and then start choking them with their own adjustments. just my thought.
      I thought the O-line looked improved but still pretty awful. I saw several missed blocks. Noah Dobson looked slow and lost trying to block in space at times. I also agree with unleashing Steph. There were times I was screaming for him to tuck it and run because he had grass in front of him but I think he is trying to figure the passing game out. Just needs to make sure he has the green light to do what he does best when the defense lets him have a running lane. He’s good for 5-8 yards falling down a lot of times because of how big and physical he is.
      Roll Chos!

Comment

i like what's happening. there are soft hints of "you're either with us or against us". couple of kids have been demoted who thought they had the keys to the golden crapper and or a kid or two has dropped his gear at the door since the season started. i think were in on the front end of something that's getting ready to take off. just my thought. we will see.

we are definatley 2-0 in "THE RICH" FEAR THE WATERFALL!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jimbo slice View Post
          i like what's happening. there are soft hints of "you're either with us or against us". couple of kids have been demoted who thought they had the keys to the golden crapper and or a kid or two has dropped his gear at the door since the season started.
          Was wondering what happened to Jayce Gardner. Honestly I think we have at least 2 young backs that are better than him any way.
          Roll Chos!

Comment

Originally posted by RollChos View Post

Was wondering what happened to Jayce Gardner. Honestly I think we have at least 2 young backs that are better than him any way.
            scout

Comment

so rewatching a highlight video for the NW game....

Jaylen Cottrell had 10 carries for 111 yard....9.7 YPC 2TDs
              also 2 receptions for 5 yards....but...remember the 58 yard TD pass that was called back? that was his. wheel route where the linebacker was pushing him to the sidelines, and he outran them but was lazy on his path coming back inside and stepped on the boundary. came back in bounds caught the pass and beat everyone there. called the TD back for illegal touching. redshirt freshman whatcha gonna do.

so, he had 3 break away TDs on that NW defense and nearly tripled NW YPG (35) average allowed and has scored the exact same number of TDs at the bearcats first three opponents combined.

just a few stats i was looking at after seeing the highlight

of note, injury to one of the freshman. unknown when he will return.
              one had a fumbling issue at MSSO and was sat for a mental toughness focusing time
              cotrrell and carney went off so the freshman are wrecking class.

hopefully pscott can get back to it after some sort of ankle issue. the freshman definitely have us covered though

Comment

Our defense played out of their minds last Saturday!! BUT...the offense is still so bad!! What is going on with the O? I can't understand the scheme and the routes we are running are stuff you would see in JV football? We very seldom take shots downfield and when we do they are post routes that are wide open because we have ran the ball 547 times in a row. The swing route out of the backfield is effective occasionally but we run it way too many times a game and shouldn't that be a check down route instead of your first route option? Our defense is good enough this year if we even had a mediocre offense we would give this league fits. The ONLY way we won that game last week is because our defense gave us a short field several times to score. We literally had 8 first downs and 0-12 on 3rd down conversions. When do we make adjustments to the scheme and try something else?

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

Nah. They're just sandbagging.
                  Nah. We've watched this team fail to blow out bad teams like they have in the past and things are not looking up on the offensive side of the ball. Last year we at least had McKeller.

Ferris will roll the region, no resistance unless GV plays an elite game.

Comment

Originally posted by IowaBearcat View Post

Nah. We've watched this team fail to blow out bad teams like they have in the past and things are not looking up on the offensive side of the ball. Last year we at least had McKeller.

Ferris will roll the region, no resistance unless GV plays an elite game.
                    Ferris did that last year, too.

Comment

i like this carney kid. the freshman running back from Collinsville plays much bigger than 6'1 200lbs. i haven't seen him off his feet on a collision yet in a game. reminds me of Matt Suhey in that Hes always attacking the hit not standing back and taking it. he has a good stiff arm when he's carried the ball. mostly see him blocking as full back and not breaking anyone in half but he is extremely effective.

Comment

since we cant seem to get anyone from Lincoln figure id send in some stats.

Lincolns starting Oline is comprised of 3 FR and 2 JR. was 4 FR with one starting at center but after his start vs NW, he disappeared off the roster completely. ?? dont know.

6'1" 263
                        6'4" 315
                        6'7" 310
                        6'3" 305
                        6'3" 315

that's a pretty damn good sized line. i think when this line grows up, they are gonna be a force in the running game..
                        however, they aren't yet lol.
                        they have thrown 7 INTS but have only given up 3 sacks on the season.

through 4 games,

this offense is getting 2.2 yards per carry for an average of 75 yards per game with 35+ carries
                        1 total TD in the rushing game
                        3rd down conversion is 17-62
                        4th down conversion is 2-8 (so we will apparently get to boost our 1-7 stat)

in the passing game they have used 4 different QBs
                        combined they have thrown 7 ints on 122 passes so that is an interception every 12 passes.
                        they are averaging 5.4 yards per catch so dump passes or very quick timing routes id say.

they are a very disciplined team and protect the ball when they have it.
                        they are 2/2 on fumbles. that's a good stat considering they are averaging 35 carries a game.
                        ​​​​​​13 THIRTEEN penalties on the season. they average 33 yards per game in penalties for a total of 133. we double their amount of penalties and have 90 more yards in penalties on the season. and i thought we have been cleaner since AD has been here. this Lincoln coaches clearly puts a premium on being disciplined.

defense later if i have time

Comment

Don’t get your hopes up too high yet. AD is doing great things no doubt but the offense just went 0-13 on 3rd downs. I can see expectations getting too high after the NW win and following it up with gimmes against LU and NSU. The Chos should be 4-2 heading into a stretch against a healthy Hays team, WU, UNK, and Pitt all of which will test them.

Comment

i dont think our hopes are anywhere. we gave up 35 to MW and 40 to MoSo. thus far, we haven't been able to stop a dual threat QB.

our front 7 and Dline specifically is carrying the team at this point. can you guys run the ball enough to stay on the field? we'll see tomorrow.
                            we have allowed 1 out of 8 attempts on 4th down. seems Lincoln likes to take those kinds of chances.

true we went 0-13 but managed to score 23 so apparently our damage was done on 1st and 2nd.

not going to make any predictions but i don't think we'll have many problems from the blue waffles past half time.

hopefully.
                            Last edited by jimbo slice; 09-30-2022, 02:18 PM.

Comment

Lincoln by fitty

Comment

I think those facts may be forgotten by UCO here in a few weeks after they handle business against LU and NSU. We both know LU doesn’t stand a chance tomorrow barring a miracle… or 10 of them. I’m excited to see how they handle the four game stretch starting later this month. As far as the offense goes I think “damage” may be a little generous. 7 points were from a short field thanks to the defense and 7 was due to one big play which hats off to them for it because not many teams have been able to even get that against NW. Other than that they only scored 9 points 3 more of which were set up by the defense. The D is obviously the engine of this team but I am hoping this offense can get some confidence these next two weeks before heading back into play against competent MIAA teams and then Central Mo

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X