Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I watched a defensive highlight from suave report for the Washburn game. we made a BUNCH of plays behind the line of scrimmage on that Washburn line before the game got to half time. several hard hits, multiple offensive linemen just outright whipped. 48 yards of total offense for Washburn in the first 3 series.

we need to put that together for a total game and keep calling plays like they were calling in the first half.

another opinion, we need to run brown more. RPO is not this staff's forte but i think we would flat kill people with that. to me, it just doesn't look comfortable with Steph hemmed up in the pocket. you can kind of tell his mind wants to run the ball

Comment

• I would love to see Steph run more, I’m not sure we’ve ever found that balance this year. I felt like the defense played great but once again the lack of offensive production ended up wearing down the defense.

When Washburn only had 48 yards at the end of the 1Q I was thinking overrated again. The defense just got gassed in the 2nd half.
      Roll Chos!

Comment

• Here’s what you both need to do, call each other to talk about uco…because no one else cares!!

Comment

• Originally posted by mtxe View Post
          Here’s what you both need to do, call each other to talk about uco…because no one else cares!!
          and yet, here you are. fresh from your game of butt darts, talking sh*t in MY thread. hug a root bro.

plenty of UCO people here.

Comment

• Coach Dorrel working with the offense at Washburn last Saturday

Comment

• What is your point? He is working with the offense to make them better? I sure as hell hope the HC is working with the offense lol
              Roll Chos!

Comment

• well, he IS the oline coach. hes chosen to do that himself.

Comment

• Originally posted by RollChos View Post
                  What is your point? He is working with the offense to make them better? I sure as hell hope the HC is working with the offense lol
                  I think he was trying to post a pic of AD on the sidelines.

Comment

• Originally posted by GrifFan View Post

I think he was trying to post a pic of AD on the sidelines.
                    thats what i thought too.

Comment

• well, not much positive to talk about this week lol. so, I'm just going to ramble as it comes to my mind.

the box score only reported 1 int but there was another on the sidelines the refs didn't give to pitt state. said he was out of bounds.
                      the fumble was after picking up the first down and it was by a senior and ironically his dad is THE loudest critic of this QQ and the LAST qb for not ever throwing the ball to his kid. i think in 3 years of watching the kid play, Hes caught probably a total of 10 passes? anyway, I'm not cutting on the kid. just pointing out his dad. he was calling for this QB to replace last years QB and now this year's qb is "terrible" also (his phrase 10 times a game, every game). someone needs a mirror. cancer status usually starts at home. Moving on.

penalties. good lord. two false starts on the offense (by the same kid) that put us in 3rd and long both times. 2 dropped first downs (by the same kid that got the two false starts) starting to be a huge pattern from a senior captain.
                      2 defensive offsides (same kid) i count 5 of those for him this year so far. it's crazy how amazing this kid will play for 3 or 4 plays and then do something so undisciplined that you just shake your head and tell yourself he needs to be benched for a while. its either an amazing 8-yard sack or tackle for loss or a drive continuing 15-yard penalty. there is rarely a middle ground.

i didn't see who it was but, we ran into the kicker to allow them to go for it on 4th down. seriously. the little league penalties are really irritating at this point in the year.

5 of these flags were on seniors and 3 of those kept drives going for Pitt state.
                      the offsides were on 3rd and long and the punt was obviously 4th down.

we had another defensive offsides of note. On the 1st Pitt state drive, the junior transfer from Arkansas. 6'6" 290 lb. started and got the offsides. first time I've seen him play more than 3 or 4 plays and he played well. i was happy to see another D Lineman emerge. he flat destroyed a couple of the blocks and made several plays in the backfield. maybe we can start sitting more of those "undisciplined" senior players when they lose their mind.

on offense, yesterday marked about the 5th or 6th chop block I've seen by this Oline this season and the second that has directly cost us a touchdown. it's very irritating, but i give them a little leniency for being a very young Oline and working with a new offense and new Oline coach. i don't know. being a lineman my entire career, i know how close it can be between a legal block and a flag but at some point, you have to start figuring it out.

starting center got knocked out of the game in the red zone just before half. had a redshirt play center the rest of the game and he did a fair to good job. lost our starting left tackle on the same play. popped his shoulder out of socket and they put it back in at the half. at one point just before half, we had 4 redshirt freshman and a sophomore on the field at Oline lol. and it showed. That was a really bad last 45 seconds at the end of the first half. the drive went really well though prior to those injuries. was pitt playing prevent on us that last drive? i don't know. it LOOKED like they were playing tight on us but i don't know for sure.

second half, more of the same.

the lack of decision making at QB is really starting to show up on offense. i think he is most definitely a running qb instead of passing but, at this point, he doesn't seem to be doing either. im not sure if that is his lack ability or willingness to pull it down and run. the defense was on the field almost 19 minutes in the first half and we were still in the game for the most part. second, half, it continued on and Pitt just ran away from us at that point. if we don't start running him at least 10 times a game, we can't do anything for our defense but hope they play flawless.

i think it's significant to note that both of the last two games, our scoring drives were captained by the sophomore from Oklahoma state.

Pitt played a good game. We're just not helping ourselves.

our seniors are not helping this team at all. im not making it up. if you look at who is making almost ALL of the plays on offense outside of the QB. they are underclassman.
                      stephon is number 2 with 5 TDs for offensive points the only other senior to score a point this year is the TE for 1 TD. unbelievable.
                      you have to go to the number 9 guy to find a senior for tackles.

Comment

• Yawn 💤

Comment

• Senior Day at UCO! Brown and McGee

Comment

• 🏀 Sznnn

Comment

• Originally posted by reloadmvp View Post
                              🏀 Sznnn
                              Go choke against a **** NW team.

I might add, we’ll whoop some Hornet ass at 🏀 too.
                              Last edited by RollChos; 11-12-2022, 02:28 PM.
                              Roll Chos!

Comment

• got to say i was shocked at how few seniors there were today. i mean, i knew we very few but when you saw them standing on the field and then they started introducing them at about the 8 minute mark and still had almost a minute left when they were done. weird.
                                only saw 7 walk on the field and several of them I'm sad to see go.... Jason Harris is listed as a junior with a redshirt, 2 years playing and then covid this year was his fifth and apparently was eligible for a medical redshirt as well. this season he wasn't on the field a bunch but, when he was out there, he made his mark. 24 tackles, 4 for loss and 3 sacks. well miss his leadership.
                                we'll miss slater as well. he was THE coach on the field when he was there. saw him today for the last time, get in the younger players asses for talking smack BACK to the UCM oline.
                                said something to the effect of we can't afford to get a penalty this deep in the game with the game so close so shut up and play.
                                and appropriately, he had a pass hit him in the chest that he very well could have taken to the house. would have been poetic to see him take an int to the house in his last game.
                                Fuentes kept his mouth quiet and still made plays. a sack, 2 tackles for loss and assists on several others. good to see him go out without a bad play.

i just now realized we were missing a couple of defensive backs today. apparently, they haven't been part of the team for several weeks now. I've heard several times this season AD has given the "our way or the highway" talk. these boys have been needing this type of work put on them for a while now. today was an ugly game but i saw the game differently.

3 fumbles and lost all three.

first one was a freshman not being patient and trying to do too much. just kept driving without covering up. d players have been taught since little league when the ball stops moving forward and the carrier is still upright, you need to be punching that ball and stripping.
                                second one was just being careless with the ball when running with it. senior QB you're going to have it happen sometimes.
                                third was punt return. took about 4 steps after he caught it and just never put the ball away.

3 fumbles, missed XP and missed FG.

Quevedo finished the season in a slump for sure. last 4 games Hes missed 3 FGs and 2 XPs. missed 1 FG and 1 XP the whole rest of the season. very unlike Quevedo...

i add more later.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X