Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CatFan88 View Post

Early rumors for candidates include Matt Campbell. This is a bummer as an Iowa St. fan but realize his success at turning things around in Ames will make him a candidate for job openings like Nebraska. I'm sure that the Nebraska job would be enticing to him with them being in the Big 10.
    I'm not sure Nebraska is the monster job that it once was. There's the tradition, but the kids that are being recruited now would have no memories of that... they only know them as a middling Big 10 team. When they were in the Big 12, they were connected to the fertile recruiting grounds of Oklahoma and Texas and I don't think they're really the national brand that they once were, at least not to the kids they're trying to get to go to school there. They're kind of on the outer edge of what is probably the heart of Big 10 country. The fan support is unreal, but so are the expectations as so many are still living in the past... I don't know, just doesn't seem like that attractive of a job anymore to be honest.

As far as Matt Campbell is concerned, he probably has a better chance of winning the new Big 12 at Iowa State than Nebraska does of ever winning the Big 10, but money talks.

Comment

I'd rather Leipold or Jamey Chadwell get the job over Campbell. I think Leipold builds winners everywhere he goes and in a couple years be competing for/winning the west often and accidentally even win the BIG every once in a great while. I really like Chadwell's offense and think it would work with the kind of athletes Nebraska gets

Comment

Side note: Nebraska interim coach Mickey Joseph was head coach of Langston (maybe interim then too?) when they came to St. Joseph on 2011, losing to MWSU 47-0. I think there were a few other ex-Huskers on his staff, but don’t remember who.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
        Working...
        X