Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Week 3 Trash talk thread

Some good games this week. Let's hear it.

Week 3 thoughts.

-Northwest Missouri- The cheese stands alone. Hohensee is really good.

-Missouri Southern- Still not much offense outsideof Glades, but I do think they're better than last year.

-Fort Hays State- Not sure what's going on here. That defense doesn't look like a Chris Brown defense. Is Fuller still hurt? Without him, that O just doesn't work.

-Missouri Western- Good up front, really good QB. They look a little ahead of most teams not named after a member of the skunk family to me.

Washburn- They are still pretty good, and Schurig is still good at finding ways to score, but the D looks suspect to me.

-Pittsburg State- Gutted one out last week. Offense still needs a lot of work. Defense looked bad for a quarter last week, but DL is getting there, and the adjustmentsat halftimewere brilliant. Dodson showed real promise, too, but they need to find a run game outside of him. OL looks like a basket of mismatched parts at times.

-Mooles- They are going to have a winning season. Young QB holds them back a little, but they aren't as bad off as their 0 and 2 record suggests

-UCO- The "AD is God Jr." Club piped down after week 1. I expect them back in force this week. The ESU win was nice, but a team without a qb or offensive weapons is what it is.

-UNK- TJ Davis, TJ Davis, TJ Davis, TJ Davis, TJ Davis. Back end of the d is iffy at best. TJ Davis, TJ Davis, TJ Davis, TJ Davis, TJ Davis.

-ESU- .They pooped the bed and rolled around in it against UCO. The Chos D did well against them, but they did a lot of foot shootingI think their run D is worse,, but the back end of the D looks better than last year.

-NSU AND LINCOLN- They should co-op to form one football program, then cancel that football program. While I think both have improved a little, and I respect the players collective efforts, neither school is trying to compete on an MIAA level at all.

Lincoln blue tigers vs fort hays tigers — might as well bill it as the battle of the *****cats. Both soft. Both undisciplined. We might as well be Lincoln West. I need to go find the pictures of big sig lighting couches on fire cause that’s how I feel at this point

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
      Some good games this week. Let's hear it.

Week 3 thoughts.

-UCO- The "AD is God Jr." Club piped down after week 1. I expect them back in force this week. The ESU win was nice, but a team without a qb or offensive weapons is what it is.
      i don't want to speak for Roll, but i don't think you're going to catch either one of us in this trap. until this O grows up.....cautious optimism is where i am. the trash talk this last week has been exclusively for Replensmvp's benefit.

Comment

Originally posted by jimbo slice View Post
        the trash talk this last week has been exclusively for Replensmvp's benefit.
        Definitely, I just hate ESU and wanted to enjoy rubbing that win in reload’s face after all the 💩 he talks. The only AD is God Jr club is from Maryville. We’ve pretty much always said the O sucks and I won’t be surprised if we take another beating from MoSo this week.
        Roll Chos!

Comment

Originally posted by RollChos View Post

Definitely, I just hate ESU and wanted to enjoy rubbing that win in reload’s face after all the 💩 he talks. The only AD is God Jr club is from Maryville. We’ve pretty much always said the O sucks and I won’t be surprised if we take another beating from MoSo this week.
          Yeah. It was the NW fans I was referring to, not you or jimbo.

Comment

This week is an interesting one at NW. Central Missouri is 0-2 but I think they may be better than both teams NW has played so far this year. Leaving this as a very interesting match up.

Comment

Originally posted by JR Chaney View Post
              This week is an interesting one at NW. Central Missouri is 0-2 but I think they may be better than both teams NW has played so far this year. Leaving this as a very interesting match up.
              I think the Central defense will definitely be the best NW has seen this season. I don't think the central o will offer much of a threat outside of the qb's legs.

Comment

Yeah. It was the NW fans I was referring to, not you or jimbo.
                Arrogant ass holes down in Edmond. What can we do.

Comment

Expect the MSSU-UCO game to be low-scoring. Both defenses have been playing well, but both offenses leave a lot to be desired. Hope Glades can play after hopping off the field in 4Q and not returning.

Comment

Originally posted by mosofan1 View Post
                    Expect the MSSU-UCO game to be low-scoring. Both defenses have been playing well, but both offenses leave a lot to be desired. Hope Glades can play after hopping off the field in 4Q and not returning.
                    I think you are exactly right!! UCO offense didn't look much better than they did in the first game. Brown was able to pick up some tough yards on the ground but the passing game is as bad as I have seen at this level. Pass protection lacks a lot to be desired but even when he did have time, he either missed his target or was trying to fit it into a really tight window. Not sure what the answer is at this point for the offense???

Comment

Originally posted by Billy_Broncho View Post

I think you are exactly right!! UCO offense didn't look much better than they did in the first game. Brown was able to pick up some tough yards on the ground but the passing game is as bad as I have seen at this level. Pass protection lacks a lot to be desired but even when he did have time, he either missed his target or was trying to fit it into a really tight window. Not sure what the answer is at this point for the offense???
                      Step 1 recruit a qb and 10 other guys.

Comment

Originally posted by mosofan1 View Post
                        Michael Slater went down late for us too. Hope everyone is at full strength Saturday. We’ve used the injury bug excuse a little too much in the past few years.
                        Roll Chos!

Comment

Step 1 recruit a qb and 10 other guys.
                          not sure we're quite that desperate yet. we have a QB and an Hback that are seniors. 1 junior on the oline and the rest of the O starters are soph or redshirt freshman. it'll take some time. i think if either of the 6'7" tight ends or the Ark QB were ready, they'd be playing.

we have 10 seniors left on the team lol...not talking starters. i'm talking 10 total seniors.

all this being said, i tend to agree about the low scoring for the MSSU and UCO game. i do think we will make out better than MSSU.

the 2 games we've played, we've had problems with the dual threat (doesn't everyone?) MSSU doesn't seem to have that threat. not that he can't, it just doesn't seem like he has done it so far. until he proves that he can beat us with his arm, i feel like we will be all out for stopping the run. i dont fell like we will fall for all the rope-a-dope plays MSSU tried early in the game VS UNK.
                          as has been mentioned, our defensive strength seems to be the front 7. 2 previous teams are 0-6 on 4th down and MSSU is 1-4 on 4th. id say that gives us the advantage here.
                          we are 14-32 on 3rd down conversions allowed, MSSU is 8-25 on 3rd downs converted. again, advantage UCO.

we'll see.

Comment

not sure we're quite that desperate yet. we have a QB and an Hback that are seniors. 1 junior on the oline and the rest of the O starters are soph or redshirt freshman. it'll take some time. i think if either of the 6'7" tight ends or the Ark QB were ready, they'd be playing.

we have 10 seniors left on the team lol...not talking starters. i'm talking 10 total seniors.

all this being said, i tend to agree about the low scoring for the MSSU and UCO game. i do think we will make out better than MSSU.

the 2 games we've played, we've had problems with the dual threat (doesn't everyone?) MSSU doesn't seem to have that threat. not that he can't, it just doesn't seem like he has done it so far. until he proves that he can beat us with his arm, i feel like we will be all out for stopping the run. i dont fell like we will fall for all the rope-a-dope plays MSSU tried early in the game VS UNK.
                            as has been mentioned, our defensive strength seems to be the front 7. 2 previous teams are 0-6 on 4th down and MSSU is 1-4 on 4th. id say that gives us the advantage here.
                            we are 14-32 on 3rd down conversions allowed, MSSU is 8-25 on 3rd downs converted. again, advantage UCO.

we'll see.

I think it will be a defensive battle for sure. I expect a close game.

Comment

we'll see.

We are extremely young for sure! From what I understand the AR QB had a great fall camp. He is a dual threat guy and from the looks of his tape on twitter he can play! I am sure the coaches want to give the SR every chance to lead this team but at some point you have to start playing for the future of the program. You might take some lumps with your young guns but that experience will be invaluable moving forward!!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X