Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RollChos View Post

One of the many absolutely stupid mascots in this league. Sounds like a minor league baseball team mascot.
    curious if ‘broncho’ is on that list of mascots

Comment

Originally posted by IfYouAintLope View Post

curious if ‘broncho’ is on that list of mascots
      whats wrong with BRONCHO?

the definition is exactly what it is... an unbroken or imperfectly broken mustang.

just for the record, very few bronCHOS are hit by vehicles on the african plains or I80 year by year.

Comment

I have really been waffling on UNK/WU, as well as UCO/MoSo.

Comment

Originally posted by jimbo slice View Post

whats wrong with BRONCHO?

the definition is exactly what it is... an unbroken or imperfectly broken mustang.

just for the record, very few bronCHOS are hit by vehicles on the african plains or I80 year by year.
          Leave it to the cheater state to unknowingly misspell bronco.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
            I have really been waffling on UNK/WU, as well as UCO/MoSo.
            UNK should crush WU, but will they?? UCO/MoSo is a toss up. Maybe slight edge to them since it’s in Joplin.
            Roll Chos!

Comment

Originally posted by GorillaTeacher View Post
              Leave it to the cheater state to unknowingly misspell bronco.
              leave it to a kansas teacher to not know where the word broncho comes from.

Comment

Originally posted by RollChos View Post

UNK should crush WU, but will they?? UCO/MoSo is a toss up. Maybe slight edge to them since it’s in Joplin.
                Having seen both teams play, I disagree. It looks pretty evenly matched to me.

Comment

On the nickname front. It's college football. Schools are supposed to have wild nicknames. Upper Iowa is the peacocks,. Uam is boliweavals and cotton blossoms, ark tech is winderboyanr golden suns. Nsu used to be Redmen but are colors were green and white. That's fun. How many bulldogs are there in Oklahoma high school football. I was proud to be a Ridgerunner. Unique gives a team something special. If UCO wasn't misspellee they would be just like so many other schools in the west

Comment

Just because the university is trying to save face doesn’t make their story so.

Comment

Originally posted by GorillaTeacher View Post

Just because the university is trying to save face doesn’t make their story so.
                      haha right. its a huge conspiracy to cover up the name for a mexican wild horse.

google is free baby. it was a pretty common spelling when the school picked up the nickname.

Broncho (disambiguation) - Wikipedia

Comment

I feel common is overstating how often it was spelled that way.

Comment

Okies stole the H from Pittsburgh, Kansas and didn’t know where to put it.

Comment

haha right. its a huge conspiracy to cover up the name for a mexican wild horse.

google is free baby. it was a pretty common spelling when the school picked up the nickname.

Broncho (disambiguation) - Wikipedia
                            Cultural appropriation at its finest.

Comment

I will say, at least your mascot matches the name. Unlike a school named the Bearcats who has a kitty cat costume stolen from the dumpster behind a high school.

Comment

Originally posted by GrifFan View Post
                                Okies stole the H from Pittsburgh, Kansas and didn’t know where to put it.
                                There was no H to steal. The morons in Pennsylvania just added it because they thought it looked cool.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X