X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Final?

Comment

24 - 7 Final.

NW Defense is salty. The offense may be what holds them back this year. Moya is huge part of their offense, they are missing that field stretching threat.

Comment

Nice.

Comment

Originally posted by JR Chaney View Post
          24 - 7 Final.

NW Defense is salty. The offense may be what holds them back this year. Moya is huge part of their offense, they are missing that field stretching threat.
          How much of that is play-calling and how much of that is lack of personnel? There’s a noticeable lack of deep balls or deep routes out of the O this year, toward more of a ball control-type of offense. Do we just not have anyone on the roster who can run a deep route downfield?

Comment

Not FB but #13 NW just upset #2 WU 3-1 in VB. NW now 9-3/3-1 WU 11-1/3-1

Comment

Originally posted by NWFanatic View Post
              Not impressed with Sturdy’s offense.
              UCM Defense is pretty decent, but they take a lot of risks putting their corners on an island.

Griffin? For nw is scary quick.

Comment

Originally posted by JR Chaney View Post
                24 - 7 Final.

That and a ONE QB system. The current 2 QB system is turning into a dud of an idea.
                Go Hounds!
                B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S
                Cyclone Power
                ERAU Eagles Soar

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

UCM Defense is pretty decent, but they take a lot of risks putting their corners on an island.

Griffin? For nw is scary quick.
                  You can do that against NW WR group.
                  Go Hounds!
                  B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S
                  Cyclone Power
                  ERAU Eagles Soar

Comment

Originally posted by CatFan88 View Post

That and a ONE QB system. The current 2 QB system is turning into a dud of an idea.
                    Hohensee is miles better, imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

Hohensee is miles better, imo.
                      I doubt you get much of an argument from NW fans and I don't think anyone thought this 2 QB system was gonna be a good idea except the NW coaching staff. I'm not gonna belabor the point because it's the system we have this year and are stuck with. Nothing posted here is gonna change it and I have a feeling it will be our undoing at some point.

Go Hounds!
                      B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S
                      Cyclone Power
                      ERAU Eagles Soar

Comment

Who could have imagined the NW O would take a step back after having to replace an AA RB and it’s top 3 WRs??? The passing game wasn’t great last year either. There are obviously issues, but did no one see this coming? They have a great D. I’m not shocked that Sturdy is using a conservative, ball control scheme that doesn’t put the D at constant risk. It may lower the ceiling on the season, but I think we will be right there as the MIAA season rolls out. It sure would be nice to see them find some legit play makers for the outside, though.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverGreen View Post
                          Who could have imagined the NW O would take a step back after having to replace an AA RB and it’s top 3 WRs??? The passing game wasn’t great last year either. There are obviously issues, but did no one see this coming? They have a great D. I’m not shocked that Sturdy is using a conservative, ball control scheme that doesn’t put the D at constant risk. It may lower the ceiling on the season, but I think we will be right there as the MIAA season rolls out. It sure would be nice to see them find some legit play makers for the outside, though.
                          Not just on the O side of the ball. Through the first three games, what’s hurt us/cost us points has been defensive penalties and our young secondary getting beat on sideline deep throws. I don’t doubt the corners will get there eventually, but it would have been nice to recruit some experience in the off-season if you’re going to rely on the D.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X