• Week 4 trash talk thread

Sept 24
    Central Missouri @ Nebraska Kearney
    Lincoln @ Northeastern State
    Missouri Southern @ Fort Hays State
    Northwest Missouri @ Central Oklahoma
    Pittsburg State @ Emporia State
    Washburn @ Missouri Western

I only see 2 games that look like sure things this week. UNK and NW are probably locks to win.

In week 3 now and teams are going to start shaking out soon, but for right now.

NW still stands alone and make the PO's easily, even though the refs have a nationwide conspiracy against them involving aliens, and the fae folk. Their words, not mine.

Bods, Bugs, Griffs, Lopers and Gorillas are still in a log jam, imo. All are capable of cannibalizing each other at this point. All have exploitable weaknesses. Some have lacked consistency already. The team who improves the most out of this group, avoids trap games, etc. will be in the PO's. I really hope it's Pitt, but we'll have to wait and see.

Bods- Not great at anything so far, but fairly well rounded and have a gunslinger for a coach who has in the past done stuff like throw deep every play, run complete jailbreak blitzes, etc...

Bugs- They like to pass it, and their pass D is completely untested..

Griffs- Looked like they had the best run blocking in the conference , and a solid D until they peed down their leg this week.

Lopes- TJ Davis

Pitt- Still trying to find their sea legs on offense. Each opponent has found a way to exploit Pitt at times, but Pitt has found workarounds to counter each exploit so far.

I think Southern, Hays, and Central are each capable of knocking off any of the 5 above if the ball bounces the right way, and I think each one will probably do so at least once this season.

Southern- D is salty AF, o is getting better.

UCO Pretty good D at times, terrible offense. Yet they have enough moving parts and good enough coaching to be a threat to anyone who has a big enough weakness that they can sellout to exploit it.

Hays- I'm still baffled by them. They're like a wounded animal. Might run away, might freeze up, might tear your throat out.

Lincoln and NSU are both improved but it may be hard to tell because both had so far to go to compete in any level of college football. If it weren't for a terrible pass that the QB should have never thrown and a blocked punt, UNK would have led Pitt going into the 2nd Q last night.
    Last edited by Predatory Primates; 09-18-2022, 05:18 PM.

Going to take a few more weeks for things to shake out, but one thing is for sure. UCO ain’t beating nobody.

Comment

I remember when beating PITT used to mean something. Ha! Guess the W will just have to do this week.

Comment

Hays played a ton of young ones yesterday particularly on the oline. Think in total played 2 true freshman and 3 redshirt freshman by the end of the game on the Oline. Dawson still started at QB. Think he made some good reads but definitely gets excited and overthrows people sometimes. If we were against a higher caliber team coulda been in trouble. Budke looked impressive yesterday

dline was the same rotation but 0, 4 and 8 each got some pass rush going at different times which was nice to see. Played a couple of young ones at inside linebacker throughout the game as well. Overall makes me think cupboard isnt dry in the years to come and if we got in a pinch we have some guys that could play if need be.

Hoping the offense can show they can move the ball against a better defense in southern this week. I’m going to get fuller is still out this coming week. I’m hoping on defense that we can make shutting down the run a priority to earn the right to rush the passer

Comment

Originally posted by reloadmvp View Post
        I remember when beating PITT used to mean something. Ha! Guess the W will just have to do this week.
        Beating ESU means your team didn't completely poop the bed, just like always.

Comment

Originally posted by washeduptiger View Post
          Hays played a ton of young ones yesterday particularly on the oline. Think in total played 2 true freshman and 3 redshirt freshman by the end of the game on the Oline. Dawson still started at QB. Think he made some good reads but definitely gets excited and overthrows people sometimes. If we were against a higher caliber team coulda been in trouble. Budke looked impressive yesterday

dline was the same rotation but 0, 4 and 8 each got some pass rush going at different times which was nice to see. Played a couple of young ones at inside linebacker throughout the game as well. Overall makes me think cupboard isnt dry in the years to come and if we got in a pinch we have some guys that could play if need be.

Hoping the offense can show they can move the ball against a better defense in southern this week. I’m going to get fuller is still out this coming week. I’m hoping on defense that we can make shutting down the run a priority to earn the right to rush the passer
          It seems like Covid hit player retention harder at some teams. Lots of teams have a bunch of 4th to 6th year players, while some seem to be kind of bare.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

It seems like Covid hit player retention harder at some teams. Lots of teams have a bunch of 4th to 6th year players, while some seem to be kind of bare.

after talking to some other players it sounds like there was some house cleaning that went on this spring after some sketchy/ crappy attitudes last season. Think that’s a big portion as to why we’re so young on dline and some other spots

probably also explains why this doesn’t look like normal Brown team

Comment

UCM defense is pretty good. If they could figure out how to make their O even marginally decent, they would be a threat.

If UNK overlooks them, they could get their first win this week.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
                UCM defense is pretty good. If they could figure out how to make their O even marginally decent, they would be a threat.

If UNK overlooks them, they could get their first win this week.
                Apparently not. 28-3 Lopers early 2nd quarter.

Comment

Nsu 35-3 840 in 3rd

Comment

Originally posted by loper legionnaire View Post

Apparently not. 28-3 Lopers early 2nd quarter.
                    Yeah. Sometimes I'm wrong.

Comment

I thought UCM was supposed to have a decent defense

Comment

Originally posted by IfYouAintLope View Post
                        I thought UCM was supposed to have a decent defense
                        They do, but the UNK TJ Davis's have TJ Davis.

Comment

Originally posted by reloadmvp View Post
                          Going to take a few more weeks for things to shake out, but one thing is for sure. UCO ain’t beating nobody.
                          ooooffff

Comment

Finally 38-10. Fluke fumble and recovery for 50 yd touchdown. . Game got chippy at the end but nsu was able to get the win neantvalot to youngsters.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X