Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Western vs Washburn

First and foremost, Emporia kicked the Griffons tails. This is not a post of excuses.

All the problems that have plagued Griffon teams to no end in recent seasons came back yesterday. For the most part, Western had played games 1 and 2 free of major errors.

That all went out the window yesterday however. They played like a team that was pretty full of themselves after knocking off a couple of teams they were expected to beat. Unfortunately, they acted like they'd blown both the Chiefs and Chargers off the field in weeks 1 and 2.

There were penalties, fumbles, missed assignments, bad decisions by coaches and players and more. Sadly, a team that has the personnel to be physically equal to or dominant against most teams this year was taken to the woodshed from a physical standpoint.

If the team that played in weeks 1 and 2 re-emerges going forward this can still be a fun season. If ghosts of yesterday remain, it will be a verrrry loooong season indeed.

"a team that has the personnel to be physically equal to or dominant against most teams"

This is how I've felt about MW the last couple of years. I think they perform way below potential 3 to 5 times a year due to a lack of discipline.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
      "a team that has the personnel to be physically equal to or dominant against most teams"

This is how I've felt about MW the last couple of years. I think they perform way below potential 3 to 5 times a year due to a lack of discipline.
      I wouldn’t argue that they were a well disciplined team but I really thought and still do that a lot of the ups and downs was due to playing multiple qbs. I’d have to look it up now but I know even JP was doing that his last few years and I think Williams has done it each year. To this point he hasn’t. Obviously, yesterday that wasn’t the case. Maybe you’re right.

Comment

Originally posted by southside View Post

I wouldn’t argue that they were a well disciplined team but I really thought and still do that a lot of the ups and downs was due to playing multiple qbs. I’d have to look it up now but I know even JP was doing that his last few years and I think Williams has done it each year. To this point he hasn’t. Obviously, yesterday that wasn’t the case. Maybe you’re right.
        What has stood out to me are the stupid penalties and the team going flat, not the qb play.

JP teams were aggressive, even a little dirty once in a while, but they didn't cost themselves games with it, weren't easy to taunt into hurting themselves, etc.... I put all that stuff on the coach and the culture.

Just an outside observation, though.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
        Working...
        X