X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brandon
    replied
    Originally posted by Gorilla John 92 View Post

Totally agree with your statement. However, it's a business where one must produce. Will UCO be a place where AD can develop a program? Only time will tell.
    I think UCO faces some of the same issues that ACU faced. It will be interesting.

Leave a comment:

• Gorilla John 92
    replied
    Originally posted by Brandon View Post

What he's done since he left NW would have nothing to do with why NW fans hold him in high regard.
    Totally agree with your statement. However, it's a business where one must produce. Will UCO be a place where AD can develop a program? Only time will tell.

Leave a comment:

• Brandon
    replied
    Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
    To be fair, a Pitt kicker and a sunny day beat NW pretty badly one year.
    Ha

Leave a comment:

• Brandon
    replied
    Originally posted by Gorilla John 92 View Post

While that's nice, what has he done since leaving NW........nada. Same can be said for Lambo. It will be interesting who has more wins this year, AD or Lambo. My money is that one will not exceed three wins. Can we name that team? AD has a leg up since they knocked off the gnats but realistically, where are those other wins coming from?
    What he's done since he left NW would have nothing to do with why NW fans hold him in high regard.

Leave a comment:

• NW Normal
    replied
    Thanks for the left handed compliment PP! I have seen the kicking game make the difference in several games, like the 2014 'sky kick' game or the two point conversion when NW first beat Pitt in the Jungle. Also when the NW punter pinned Emporia inside the 5 and the next play saw QB Wilson give up his first safety. I did not say that the team with the best punter wins. What I did say was that if UCO could keep it close, win the turnover stat, then the kicking game could be the difference. I still contend that UCO has the better kicker and punter. Quevedo has a strong leg and consistently kicks the ball deep in the end zone for a touchback. NW's kicker, Lammel, was hurt much of last season and missed several PAT's. He does not consistently kick touchbacks. UCO's punter, Vargas, understands directional placement and puts the ball where the coaches tell him. Northwest does not have a true punter. The QB does the punting, which could add a whole new dimension, although we have not seen it yet. Northwest started slow against Hays. They had several turnovers and penalties at Lincoln. Their defense carried them against the Mules. Northwest's offense has yet to shift into high gear with the new OC and the two QB system. Close games come down to PAT's and field goals. UCO needs to play like they played against Emporia or as they played the first three quarters at MOSO to stay in the game Saturday.
    Last edited by NW Normal; 09-26-2022, 11:08 AM. Reason: corrected name

Leave a comment:

• Predatory Primates
    replied
    To be fair, a Pitt kicker and a sunny day beat NW pretty badly one year.

Leave a comment:

• lleachieshusband
    replied
    Originally posted by RollChos View Post

You’re so right. The team with the best punter always has the edge! Amazing insight!
    No, no, no! As Pitt proved, it’s the team with the MOST punters on the field that has the edge. (I’ll show myself out ….).

Leave a comment:

• ZubCat81
    replied

You’re so right. The team with the best punter always has the edge! Amazing insight!
    Doesn't matter. Whatever edge you might have been given having the better punter is negated by the fact NW has better looking cheerleaders.

Leave a comment:

• RollChos
    replied
    Originally posted by NW Normal View Post
    FWIW, after seeing both teams play, I would say that UCO's kicker has the stronger leg and their punter is better too. Both teams have very stout D-lines. If the Bronchos can keep it close, and win the turnover battle, the kicking game could make a difference.

Leave a comment:

• Predatory Primates
    replied
    Floodwaters are rising in here.

Leave a comment:

• NW Normal
    replied
    FWIW, after seeing both teams play, I would say that UCO's kicker has the stronger leg and their punter is better too. Both teams have very stout D-lines. If the Bronchos can keep it close, and win the turnover battle, the kicking game could make a difference.

Leave a comment:

• Predatory Primates
    replied
    Lol

Leave a comment:

• ZubCat81
    replied
    Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

What I find weird is that they declared AD god after spending a decade trying to convince everyone that Mel T was god.

. . . "trying"???

Leave a comment:

• Predatory Primates
    replied

I sure hope AD eventually lives up to the God complex given to him by NW fans.
    What I find weird is that they declared AD god after spending a decade trying to convince everyone that Mel T was god.

They're a weird bunch of goofballs up yonder.

Leave a comment:

• RollChos
    replied
    Originally posted by jimbo slice View Post

OU plays at 8. Told me personally he was going to go an exact opposite time slot as OU...beer sales, butts in the seats etc
    Good luck getting butts in the seats after that loss to MoSo. As I said, fans probably have already given up on the season and are expecting another drubbing from NW on Saturday.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X