• Time
  • Show
Clear All

President of what?

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
      President of what?
      of the 2 schools.
      rivalry dating back to 1912 but it became the battle of the president's cup in 1998

Comment

Can confirm we hate hays

Comment

While the rivalry between NW and MoWest is real due to their proximity, I remember the days when our rival was Northeast Missouri, now Truman, and we battled for the Hickory Stick.

Comment

You talking to me kitty kitty?

Comment

Originally posted by NW Normal View Post
              While the rivalry between NW and MoWest is real due to their proximity, I remember the days when our rival was Northeast Missouri, now Truman, and we battled for the Hickory Stick.
              I remember the Hickory Stick games, but I never "felt" anything towards Truman State. It was always MoWest for me and then probably Central... I'm not sure why Central, but those were the top of list "rivals" as far as I was concerned. Didn't Central light our mascot on fire one year or something like that? I'm surely remembering that story wrong. lol

Comment

Originally posted by NW Normal View Post
                Very true-my favorite memory of that series was a game in Kirksville when our fans outnumbered them. I don’t recall the year but Berlinga was our PK and he kicked the long game winner despite a strong crosswind.
                NE had the ball and our crowd was making lots of noise. The NE announced asked the ‘home fans’ to please be quiet when NE had the ball. Needless to say we got even louder.

Comment

Originally posted by Alfred33 View Post

I remember the Hickory Stick games, but I never "felt" anything towards Truman State. It was always MoWest for me and then probably Central... I'm not sure why Central, but those were the top of list "rivals" as far as I was concerned. Didn't Central light our mascot on fire one year or something like that? I'm surely remembering that story wrong. lol
                  Central’s 1984 National Championship year at Central-wildest BB game I ever saw. Central fans were throwing toilet paper and pennies onto the court during play. Refs stopped play and threatened a T on Central but never called 1 when it happened again.

Fans were throwing popcorn and ice at NW fans. My 3 yr old daughter was freaked out and we never took her back to a game there.

Some Central fans took Bobbie Bearcat’s about 4’ ‘spirit stick’ from him and bashed in his ‘head’ and someone else tried to light his tail on fire.
                  Word later was that Central paid to replace the entire costume.
                  NW lost by a couple but handed them their only D2 loss of the year at Marville. Coleman vs Nunnley was quite a battle that year.

Comment

It seems like every week, the Emporia game is a big question mark in my picks. I was all set to pick the bods, but am really waffling now.

Reasons not to pick ESU.

ESU wears their own defense out running that gimmick every single series, and the Bods have a back that can just punish them late in the game.

The ESU defense is pretty decent, but I'm not 100% sold on the back end of that D. Pitt got behind them a few times, but the qb missed the throw. Letcher could really hurt them, imo.

Return coverage is suspect.

Reasons to pick ESU. .

It's a crazy rivalry.

Gleeson

They have a ball hawking defense, and the bods qb isn't super accurate.

Comment

Chose the Griffs in the weekly picks, but that’s mostly habit. These may not be your father’s Bearcats, but they’re still the Bearcats. Hope it’s a good game.

Comment

I feel like my picks are gonna take a hit this week.

Comment

I've never figured out how the Miaa makes schedule . Only thing consistent is that nsu never plays Pitt or moso outside Sept.

Comment

I have a bad feeling that reload is in jail after some kind of bod mascot kidnapping that went horribly wrong.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X