Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by voicefromthestands View Post
    Ok azzjokea! Take Coach Wright's offer to go down to his locker room and take a look at BW"s back. You are only showing you ignorance to what the situations are concerning the team. Heard this Saturday at the game. But didn't say anything on here until today when Coach Wright posted on twitter. Enough said.
    Saw a pic of him...don't know how he played. Heard he could only throw it 35 yds on Friday. Tough kid who gutted out a win. Don't think there's enough confidence in 3rd string QB yet.

Comment

Originally posted by libertybearcat View Post

Saw a pic of him...don't know how he played. Heard he could only throw it 35 yds on Friday. Tough kid who gutted out a win. Don't think there's enough confidence in 3rd string QB yet.
      There were a few 1's off the 2 deep that didn't play or saw limited action Saturday. But they weathered the storm for the W. Hope they keep moving forward.
      Luck is where Preparation meets Opportunity

Comment

Originally posted by voicefromthestands View Post
        Ok azzjokea! Take Coach Wright's offer to go down to his locker room and take a look at BW"s back. You are only showing you ignorance to what the situations are concerning the team. Heard this Saturday at the game. But didn't say anything on here until today when Coach Wright posted on twitter. Enough said.
        Postgame interview with QB Wright, DT Elijah Green and RB Robert Rawie. You can see Wright is struggling trying to get comfortable sitting there in pain, especially toward the end of the interview. Gutzy kid. Glad he has his team is standing behind him.

https://www.facebook.com/bearcatspor...02619687039718
        Last edited by ZubCat81; 10-02-2022, 11:01 PM.

Comment

Dude is a warrior. Pain was making his breath hitch just sitting there.

Comment

Hats off to special teams Saturday ! Cole Lammel was awesome !!!
            Luck is where Preparation meets Opportunity

Comment

I’m not sure who you are talking down to, but I’ve always said he’s a tough kid and a good athlete. I’ve defended him many times, but he’s never been a great passer, and that wasn’t really my point. The comment was made about Todd Sturdy’s inept offense being 2-16 on 3rd down. The fact was that there were open receivers on passes that should be completed at this level on 3rd down several times points to it not necessarily falling on the OC calling a sh*t game.

I’m glad Braden gutted out a win and I give him props for doing so, but the fact that neither backup is a better option than a quarterback that can’t throw a ball more than 35 yards is a bit concerning.

Comment

Originally posted by northwest missouri state View Post

surely they’re hiding joe burrow on the bench.
                That would be ideal :-)

Comment

HC Rich Wright post-game interview vs MW.

https://www.facebook.com/bearcatspor...28958352230021

Talks about NW QB's Braden Wright and Mike Hohensee starting around the 5:40 mark ... and what transpired with both of these guys playing injured during the UCM game last week and Braden simply not able to come back into the game the following series after leading the late 3rd quarter score. Leads to Hohensee forcing himself back out there to finish the last quarter. HC Wright then comments on the injury situation for both these guys for the week going into the game against MW. Just insane that the same scenario seems to be playing out with the injuries these two guys were faced with basically the whole season last year ... and now once again HC Wright and OC Sturdy are faced with both QB's wanting to force themselves to be on the field. Obviously, Wright also mentioned Hohensee had zero chance to step on the field this week, but likewise mentioned Braden was still in bad shape the entire week. In his earlier interview, Braden simply said he convinced his coaches he was going to go as long as he could. Huh? I mean, what a gutzy kid, but, and it's already been said on this message board, but I'm likewise stunned that our QB's #3 and #4 wouldn't be a better option if BW and MH can't even begin to give anywhere close to 100% putting themselves out on the field. That has to go for this coming Saturday vs Pitt State. Sucks as much as it does. But, as much pain as Braden was in the entire week leading up to this past Saturday vs MoWest I just don't get OC Sturdy letting Braden make that game day decision. And, then gotta say I'm stunned OC Sturdy then set Braden up with those three designed run plays in that second half. All crucial plays. Despite being pretty successful for what we needed, all three plays ended with Wright getting knocked to his arse, obviously struggling to get up each time. I'll say it again, Braden is a warrior, but Sturdy making those calls is disturbing.

I hope we get Hohensee and Braden back healthy soon for the sake of this team, but I'm at a point where I'm also finding it a bit disturbing we don't reach out to QB's #3 and #4.
                  Last edited by ZubCat81; 10-03-2022, 12:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by NWFanatic View Post
                    Wright consistently overthrows open deep routes
                    yeah, but so do most d2 qb's... its the middle and short passes that are bothering me most. and the fact that backups are so far out of the loop they can't be backups...

Comment

Originally posted by Greenman View Post

yeah, but so do most d2 qb's... its the middle and short passes that are bothering me most. and the fact that backups are so far out of the loop they can't be backups...
                      Once upon a time we were so dominant that we used to be able to put the second and third team offense in late in the third or early in the fourth quarter and give the backups some game-time reps.

You’ll note that we rarely have the opportunity to do that any more….

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X