X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CatFan88
    replied
    Originally posted by GorillaTeacher View Post
    They did it every year for close to a decade. Pitt didn’t want to give up a home game for it anymore, is the story I heard.
    If they weren't losing to NW, they were losing to our 12th man (Goalpost).

Leave a comment:

• GorillaTeacher
    replied
    They did it every year for close to a decade. Pitt didn’t want to give up a home game for it anymore, is the story I heard.

Leave a comment:

• LopeShow
    replied
    Was the Arrowhead game just a one time thing with this rivalry?

Leave a comment:

• NWFanatic
    replied
    Pitt must be salivating at catching NW at home this week. Both co-QB’s banged up enough neither would playing if there was a good 3rd choice. Their leading rusher is also questionable as are several other starters on both sides. Sounds like Pitt is beat up too.

it took a Herculean effort by the defense and great special teams play by Lamme, Brody etc to overcome the O’s 2-16 on 3rd down/BW’s 8-23 passing. I know BW is hurt and he’s a tough kid and a gamer but he was overthrowing receivers or missing so badly there weren’t even any defenders close enough to intercept.

Sturdy knew this coming in so why didn’t he call plays to counter BW’s limitations? Half back pass/reverse/shovel pass etc? Instead we had the same ineffective runs and then an incomplete pass over and over again.
    I know Rich said they were playing field position on 0 and trying to prevent short fields but some of this may have been trying to save face for the O. At least the offense cleaned up their turnovers and penalties for the most part.

The NW D will need to hold Pitt to 14 pts or less to come out of the Jungle with a win.

Leave a comment:

• Predatory Primates
    started a topic NW at Pitt

NW at Pitt

For the first time in a long time, I have a little hope going into this one. That said, Pitt has only played one complete game this season, so it's only a sliver of hope.

Both teams are beat to #### with injuries, and way deep into their depth charts. Pitt is one injury away from pulling redshirts at several positions, and it sounds like NW may be in the same boat.

Both teams have been sporadic on offense, and both defenses have been stout.

I give the slight edge to Pitt on offense because they have better balance.

I give a substantial edge to NW on defense. That DL is still elite, and the LBs are solid. They will bring lots of heat on Dodson.

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X