Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conference strength

just pulled this off the general forum. i want to know your feelings on the Regional strength ? here's the MIAA list. If i were to GUESS, id say we're pretty down. top 3 are still powerhouses but would they last three rounds deep in the playoffs if the season ended Saturday? you KNOW i don't think UCO would last past 1 so don't just pound on me for the question.

MIAA
    1. Pittsburg State (5-0)
    2. Nebraska-Kearney (4-1)
    2. Northwest Missouri State (4-1)
    4. Central Oklahoma (3-2)
    4. Emporia State (3-2)
    4. Missouri Southern State (3-2)
    4. Washburn (3-2)
    8. Missouri Western State (2-3)
    9. Central Missouri (1-4)
    9. Fort Hays State (1-4)
    9. Northeastern State (1-4)
    12. Lincoln (MO) (0-5)

Depends on how they matched up. GAC teams would give em a game, GLVC teams probably wouldn't.

Ferris and GV would beat all 3, imo.

Comment

Still a lot of football to be played. It’s going to be exciting to see how this all shakes out. I actually have no clue what I’ll think if NW finds a way to beat Pitt on Saturday.

My question: If any of the 2 loss teams can run the table, would a 2 loss MIAA team still get in the playoffs?
      Roll Chos!

Comment

You ranked NW way to high right now.

Comment

Originally posted by RollChos View Post
          Still a lot of football to be played. It’s going to be exciting to see how this all shakes out. I actually have no clue what I’ll think if NW finds a way to beat Pitt on Saturday.

My question: If any of the 2 loss teams can run the table, would a 2 loss MIAA team still get in the playoffs?
          NW is the heavy favorite until proven otherwise. Pitt squeaked out 2 wins against the only good teams they played. NW has done the same, but also had a WTF game like everyone does once a year or so. Pretty sure the last time they lost one with that many turnovers, and a so so QB, it was against Pitt and NW still won the conf and made a deep PO run. They're still NWMFMO until proven otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

NW is the heavy favorite until proven otherwise. Pitt squeaked out 2 wins against the only good teams they played. NW has done the same, but also had a WTF game like everyone does once a year or so. Pretty sure the last time they lost one with that many turnovers, and a so so QB, it was against Pitt and NW still won the conf and made a deep PO run. They're still NWMFMO until proven otherwise.
            I don’t blame you for sandbagging at all. I would also agree that NW absolutely could win this game and it wouldn’t necessarily qualify as an “upset.” However, it is definitely Pitt’s game to lose if they don’t **** the bed.
            Roll Chos!

Comment

Originally posted by GreenwoodBearcat View Post
              You ranked NW way to high right now.
              i didnt rank anything. this was straight off the general forum and i took this from the super region 3 section.

Comment

Originally posted by RollChos View Post

I don’t blame you for sandbagging at all. I would also agree that NW absolutely could win this game and it wouldn’t necessarily qualify as an “upset.” However, it is definitely Pitt’s game to lose if they don’t **** the bed.
                Maybe a little hyperbole above, but all BS aside, this game is a coin toss at best for Pitt. Pitt shouldn't be the favorite unless you want to spot them a little leeway for home field. Aside from that, both teams have struggled on offense and done well on defense.

-NW Dline is better by a lot, especially if Wall is still out.
                -LB is a draw
                -Safety is a draw..
                -Pitt CBs are slightly better if Payton is a go, slightly worse if not.
                -OL edge to Pitt
                -RB NW by quite a bit if Moya can go
                -WR, Pitt, but top 2 sat out all or part of MS, so it might be NW???
                -QB Pitt due to NW injuries.
                -TE ???Draw... PITT Has about 703 TEs, but their go to receiving TE got banged up Saturday.

Comment

last 3 rounds in the playoffs - not even close. Right now Pitt and NW MO would be 4 and 5 seed probably, so one would eliminate the other in the first round then the winner gets to pleasure of traveling to Ferris and getting crushed.

I know we are only 5 weeks in but I think SRIII is pretty well defined already. Ferris/Grand Valley, Pittsburg/NW Mo, Ouachita/Harding, Indianapolis in some order. Maybe Kearney gets in with a win over NW Mo but that would be a simple swap. At this point Ouachita/Harding/Indianapolis should run the table fairly easily on their schedules for bids. Ferris/Grand Valley play each other, winner is SRIII #1 seed the other is probably #3 seed behind Ouachita.

Saginaw/Davenport could be disruptors but they both have the grinder of their schedules coming up and I don't expect they'll survive.

Comment

IF a Pitt wins out and does so in convincing fashion, what's the chances of them being the 2 or 3 seed?

Comment

Originally posted by Gorillahawk View Post
                      IF a Pitt wins out and does so in convincing fashion, what's the chances of them being the 2 or 3 seed?
                      maybe? a three seed, don't see them getting to the 2 line. If they are undefeated then likely the second best team in the conference has 2 losses.

So likely at this point Ouachita goes undefeated with the second best team in GAC would be Harding with just 1 loss to Ouachita. So Ouachita undefeated puts them ahead of Pitt. Now it comes down to a one loss Grand Valley or 1 loss Ferris if they overtake Pitt for a 3 seed (if the other is undefeated). They have OOC games to boost them even with a loss as Grand Valley has played Mines and Pueblo, Ferris had C. Washington and LRU. I don't see either falling to the 4 line assuming the only loss is against each other. Then you got a likely undefeated Indianapolis hanging out there with OOC wins over Saginaw Valley and Tiffin

My guess in that scenario
                      10-0 Ferris
                      11-0 Ouachita
                      10-1 Grand Valley
                      11-0 Indianapolis (if Indy is 10-1 then slip to 5 or 6 seed)
                      11-0 Pittsburg
                      10-1 Harding
                      9-2 NWMo/UNK/Saginaw/Davenport

Watch out for Saginaw Valley/Davenport getting to 9-2 in which case we could finally see the year where the MIAA only gets 1 team. Saggy and DP would have OOC game wins that would look better than the silo of the MIAA

Comment

Originally posted by EveryCatAWildman View Post

maybe? a three seed, don't see them getting to the 2 line. If they are undefeated then likely the second best team in the conference has 2 losses.

So likely at this point Ouachita goes undefeated with the second best team in GAC would be Harding with just 1 loss to Ouachita. So Ouachita undefeated puts them ahead of Pitt. Now it comes down to a one loss Grand Valley or 1 loss Ferris if they overtake Pitt for a 3 seed (if the other is undefeated). They have OOC games to boost them even with a loss as Grand Valley has played Mines and Pueblo, Ferris had C. Washington and LRU. I don't see either falling to the 4 line assuming the only loss is against each other. Then you got a likely undefeated Indianapolis hanging out there with OOC wins over Saginaw Valley and Tiffin

My guess in that scenario
                        10-0 Ferris
                        11-0 Ouachita
                        10-1 Grand Valley
                        11-0 Indianapolis (if Indy is 10-1 then slip to 5 or 6 seed)
                        11-0 Pittsburg
                        10-1 Harding
                        9-2 NWMo/UNK/Saginaw/Davenport

Watch out for Saginaw Valley/Davenport getting to 9-2 in which case we could finally see the year where the MIAA only gets 1 team. Saggy and DP would have OOC game wins that would look better than the silo of the MIAA
                        Wow... who would've ever dreamed that an undefeated team from the MIAA could find itself as a 5 seed? How the mighty have fallen, if this is accurate.

Comment

Regional Rankings start week 8? Its always interesting to see how they shake out, for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Alfred33 View Post

Wow... who would've ever dreamed that an undefeated team from the MIAA could find itself as a 5 seed? How the mighty have fallen, if this is accurate.
                            Best scenario for Pitt (win Saturday, duh) and hope UNK finishes 10-1, which means UNK beats NW Mo and NW hasn't lost 3 regular season games since 2005. Then you got Ouachita and Pitt at 11-0 with wins against second best teams Harding and UNK at 10-1. So it's a coin flip between Ouachita and Pitt for the higher seed, since silo schedule and all. But perception wise if NW Mo is sitting there with 3 losses as the third best team in the conference I don't think Pitt gets that coin flip over Ouachita.

Comment

6 of the top ten poll teams are in our region.

polls are meaningless, but it does show how stacked SR3 is.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X