Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UCO doesn't for obvious reasons. They have long of considered themselves superior to the other regionals and they now are for sure . They left Ok schools in 80s to join Lonestar ten years before nsu did . Then others followed after nsuleft naia . Nsu and uco wanted out of lsc the cost to make a lonestar league network was not cost efficient. Nsu was not close to aLSC schools and travel was eating them alive esp to enmsu, Angelo, and tamuk. After they left LSC is when GAC formed. Nsu traditional rival in academics and size and sports has always been UCO. At time our president was ex is UCO admin and then he became UCO pres. The second UCO pres in a row to come from nsu . Nsu does not have volleyball and at time GAC had no men's soccer which nsu is very tied to. So for now we are in Miaa like it or not. And we get to be designated cannon fodder because when we joined there was Truman, msst, sw Baptist, lindenwood and other schools that we could have been competitive with. But let's be real frank no ody in this conf has done well in po in last five years . Because we are wearing each other down. There are less transfers down from D1 because of transfer rule. Less money trickling down because of shrinking paycheck. Not everybody in D2 has a ten million dollar athletic budget.

Comment

Originally posted by the Northeasterner View Post
      UCO doesn't for obvious reasons. They have long of considered themselves superior to the other regionals and they now are for sure.
      I have long argued that UCO is by far the superior regional university in Oklahoma. With some exceptions, UCO athletics rarely lose to another in-state D2 school in any sport. In several sports, we use games against the in-state regional schools as tune ups for the real competition (MIAA foes). I won’t get into academics, I would say NSU certainly still rivals us there. NSU has a doctoral program and we do not. I’m not as familiar with the academics at say SWOSU or SEOSU. ECU and Cameron are probably the only ones I would say lag far behind.
      Roll Chos!

Comment

Can we trade UCO for SWOSU? Lmao

Comment

Speaking of conference strength. After we smack UNK this week. ESU better be in the top 25. Hell, UCO could even be in the list. What’s going on here. West Georgia, what?!?

D2Football Top 25 (10/11)
          1. Ferris State (5-0)
          2. Grand Valley State (6-0)
          3. Angelo State (6-0)
          4. Ouachita Baptist (6-0)
          5. Shepherd (6-0)
          6. Pittsburg State (6-0)
          7. Delta State (6-0)
          8. Harding (5-1)
          9. West Florida (4-1)
          10. Colorado School of Mines (4-2)
          11. Ashland (5-0)
          12. Sioux Falls (6-0)
          13. Nebraska-Kearney (5-1)
          14. Albany State (5-1)
          15. Virginia Union (6-0)
          16. Indianapolis (5-0)
          17. Indiana (PA) (5-0)
          18. Augustana (5-1)
          19. Slippery Rock (5-1)
          20. Northwest Missouri State (4-2)
          21. Texas A&M-Kingsville (6-0)
          22. Lenoir-Rhyne (5-1)
          23. Benedict (6-0)
          24. Newberry (5-1)
          25. West Georgia (3-2)

Comment

Originally posted by reloadmvp View Post
            Speaking of conference strength. After we smack UNK this week. ESU better be in the top 25. Hell, UCO could even be in the list. What’s going on here. West Georgia, what?!?

D2Football Top 25 (10/11)
            1. Ferris State (5-0)
            2. Grand Valley State (6-0)
            3. Angelo State (6-0)
            4. Ouachita Baptist (6-0)
            5. Shepherd (6-0)
            6. Pittsburg State (6-0)
            7. Delta State (6-0)
            8. Harding (5-1)
            9. West Florida (4-1)
            10. Colorado School of Mines (4-2)
            11. Ashland (5-0)
            12. Sioux Falls (6-0)
            13. Nebraska-Kearney (5-1)
            14. Albany State (5-1)
            15. Virginia Union (6-0)
            16. Indianapolis (5-0)
            17. Indiana (PA) (5-0)
            18. Augustana (5-1)
            19. Slippery Rock (5-1)
            20. Northwest Missouri State (4-2)
            21. Texas A&M-Kingsville (6-0)
            22. Lenoir-Rhyne (5-1)
            23. Benedict (6-0)
            24. Newberry (5-1)
            25. West Georgia (3-2)
            i don't feel under any circumstances should UCO be in that list. i don't know much about most of those teams but i know Angelo, Ouachita and Harding outside of the MIAA teams. i feel like Ouachita and Harding are different enough to cause anyone in that top 25 big problems. especially Harding. they are like UNK but tougher. they stick with the double wing formation almost exclusively and will beat your linebackers into submission. they are comfortable with 3 yards a carry and make your defense want to lay down.
            Ouachita will run at you with 2 TEs and a fullback and just try to out muscle you. then send those guys out into routes once you commit to stopping the run. sounds like an easy concept to defend. if you do it and do it well, no-one can stop it.

we aren't ready...YET.

Comment

Originally posted by jimbo slice View Post

i don't feel under any circumstances should UCO be in that list. i don't know much about most of those teams but i know Angelo, Ouachita and Harding outside of the MIAA teams. i feel like Ouachita and Harding are different enough to cause anyone in that top 25 big problems. especially Harding. they are like UNK but tougher. they stick with the double wing formation almost exclusively and will beat your linebackers into submission. they are comfortable with 3 yards a carry and make your defense want to lay down.
              Ouachita will run at you with 2 TEs and a fullback and just try to out muscle you. then send those guys out into routes once you commit to stopping the run. sounds like an easy concept to defend. if you do it and do it well, no-one can stop it.

we aren't ready...YET.
              So in that case should UNK, and NW get the boot out of the top 25? Under the assumption that UNK loses this week?

Comment

I just don’t see how they are ranked so high, when you got a few other teams with similar style wins and records. Not ranked at all. But I guess in the MIAA it will shake itself out in the next few weeks.

Comment

So in that case should UNK, and NW get the boot out of the top 25? Under the assumption that UNK loses this week?
                  if they do get beat in my opinion, there will be a bunch of 6-1 and 7-0s in front of them. yes, they should. I'm not all about the "coaches polls"
                  they clearly vote for their buddy's and themselves all the time.

Comment

if they do get beat in my opinion, there will be a bunch of 6-1 and 7-0s in front of them. yes, they should. I'm not all about the "coaches polls"
                    Holy Moly…. Do we agree on something. I’ll be right back. I’m going to go slap my bosses sister.

Comment

Would A 2 LOSS UNTJD beat a perfect PSAC or NE 10 team 8 times out of 10? Probably.

Comment

Kearney and Pitt are the only MIAA teams that deserve to be ranked right now, regardless of what happens in week 7 imo.
                        Roll Chos!

Comment

Originally posted by RollChos View Post
                          Kearney and Pitt are the only MIAA teams that deserve to be ranked right now, regardless of what happens in week 7 imo.
                          That’s just stupidity talking. So West Georgia should be ranked above NW, ESU and UCO. No matter what…. Get out of here.

Hell some may even throw in MSSU, I just haven’t watched them at all. So don’t know whether to or not.

Comment

Actually on second glance I’d put MSSU in before UCO. But regardless half these teams play each other this week and it should shake out further, but no way ONLY UNK and PITT deserve to be in there. It’s a tight race.

Comment

That’s just stupidity talking. So West Georgia should be ranked above NW, ESU and UCO. No matter what…. Get out of here.

Hell some may even throw in MSSU, I just haven’t watched them at all. So don’t know whether to or not.
                              I don’t know anything about West Georgia but I know the MIAA. By your logic UCO should be ranked, UCO has beaten both NW AND Emporia **** university. However, I wouldn’t get on here and claim UCO should be ranked.
                              Roll Chos!

Comment

My Updated MIAA Power Rankings

1. UNK
                                2. PITT - I’d love to play them again
                                3. MSSU - a under the radar team
                                4. Washburn - Ichabods are Ight I guess
                                5. MW - running back is pretty salty
                                6. UCO - trash but they get points for beating NW
                                7. Ft Hays - without fuller they’re garbage
                                8. NWMSU - they may never win again
                                9. UCM - Lambo struggles in MIAA, again
                                10. NSU - Not as bad as Lincoln
                                11. Lincoln - feel bad for the players
                                12. ESU - obviously

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X