Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Injury card has run it's course. NW has to shelve that for the year. Hohensee is back, and Wright once killed a bear with a look.

Comment

Originally posted by IowaBearcat View Post

NW trainer room right now.

Out of sheer curiosity, who is injured for NW aside from Wright and Hohensee?

Comment

Originally posted by Bearsota View Post

Out of sheer curiosity, who is injured for NW aside from Wright and Hohensee?
        1, 13, 18, plus some oline/secondary still out

Comment

Pitt has been hit hard with injuries this year, too.

I'm really glad the Lincoln game allowed a bunch of these guys to rest up. The depth has been great, and allowed them to get tough wins vs. ESU and NW, but the ceiling isn't nearly as high without getting a lot of these guys back and healthy.

I do sympathize with the QB thing, though. If Dodson goes down, Pitt will either have to run the option or pull a redshirt.

Comment

Northwest has a rooting interest in Pitt State now... At the very least we need them to take down UCO for us since we get a crack at taking down the other 2 loss teams ourselves. If UCO wins out, I don't see how we could make it even if we do the same, unless some other teams in the other conferences tragically implode down the stretch. I guess the same goes for Emporia actually.

Comment

Imagine how beneficial a bye week during the regular season would be in D2. The big boys get 2 and then get a break before/during the postseason

Comment

Originally posted by Wallst View Post
                Next three weeks are huge for UCO. Win and your in, lose one and you're out. NW vs ESU in the last game of the year is a playoff elimination game especially for Emporia who has an easy road until that week. UNK put themselves in a bad position with the L to ESU. UNK has 2 gimme's and 2 tough games. A loss in either 1 and they're done. if NW slips up vs UNK or ESU they are done. Pitt isn't completely out of the woods yet either with both Washburn and UCO left.

GLVC Indy and Truman State only have 1 loss and they play each other in the last game of the year in what should be a win or go home game.

GAC Harding is 5-2 but should win out, Henderson is 5-2 and plays OBU in the last game, East Central has OBU and SWOSU left, OBU is undefeated with a 2 game lead.

GLIAC Davenport is undefeated but after a gimme this week they finish with Saginaw Valley, Ferris, and Grand Valley.(OUCH). GV is undefeated and should win out, Ferris with 1 loss should win out.

So top 7 are?
                GV
                OBU
                Pitt
                Ferris
                Indy
                Harding
                NW/ESU/Truman/Davenport
                Let’s not pretend Pitt is going to lose to UCO. Washburn is your only threat, at best. ;)

Comment

Originally posted by GorillaTeacher View Post
                  I know that seeds 4-7 are generally interchangeable right now, but we know with SR3 they do things differently, I cannot, for the life of me, accept that the committee would put a 2 loss Harding over a 2 loss NWMSU. I see no reason to think NWMSU wouldn't win out. ESU and reloadmvp have a history of laying a turd against the Bearcats, and we have all seen what the running TJ Davises can do against a decent defensive performance. Has Northwest lost to Harding in the last 20 years?
                  Unfortunately, I can’t argue with you there. Historically we come out firing and then I feel coaching makes the difference. As with every year, I feel this is the year to break the curse. So much so I’m tempted to make the drive just to rub it in my NW alum friends face lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Try II View Post
                    Imagine how beneficial a bye week during the regular season would be in D2. The big boys get 2 and then get a break before/during the postseason
                    Didn’t really seem to make much of a difference when we played. Typically the bye came at the end of the season and so it didn’t matter.

Comment

Originally posted by Alfred33 View Post
                      Northwest has a rooting interest in Pitt State now... At the very least we need them to take down UCO for us since we get a crack at taking down the other 2 loss teams ourselves. If UCO wins out, I don't see how we could make it even if we do the same, unless some other teams in the other conferences tragically implode down the stretch. I guess the same goes for Emporia actually.
                      All in all, I like this situation better than some years where it’s already over by now and we know the results lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Wallst View Post
                        Next three weeks are huge for UCO. Win and your in, lose one and you're out. NW vs ESU in the last game of the year is a playoff elimination game especially for Emporia who has an easy road until that week. UNK put themselves in a bad position with the L to ESU. UNK has 2 gimme's and 2 tough games. A loss in either 1 and they're done. if NW slips up vs UNK or ESU they are done. Pitt isn't completely out of the woods yet either with both Washburn and UCO left.

GLVC Indy and Truman State only have 1 loss and they play each other in the last game of the year in what should be a win or go home game.

GAC Harding is 5-2 but should win out, Henderson is 5-2 and plays OBU in the last game, East Central has OBU and SWOSU left, OBU is undefeated with a 2 game lead.

GLIAC Davenport is undefeated but after a gimme this week they finish with Saginaw Valley, Ferris, and Grand Valley.(OUCH). GV is undefeated and should win out, Ferris with 1 loss should win out.

So top 7 are?
                        GV
                        OBU
                        Pitt
                        Ferris
                        Indy
                        Harding
                        NW/ESU/Truman/Davenport
                        Not bad, but you might want to put Saginaw in the hunt... and likely they are at worse 7th if they win out. Only 2 losses are to GV and FSU. If they beat Dport, that'll kick Dport out. I'm hardly a Saggy fan, but I don't see any other 2 loss team ranked above Saginaw. Dport doesn't appear to be a PO caliber team. They snuck by with an OT win 2 weeks ago at NMU and won on essentially the last play AT HOME vs a poor Wayne team. The schedule will play out for Dport soon enough.

And I don't know if the comm. will look at FSU's SOS to be strong enough to bump any undefeated. I suspect the lack of D2 games may push them down to the 4th spot. Lots of ball to play though.
                        Last edited by Redwing; 10-17-2022, 12:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

What would put Pitt below OBU. Aren't they in a silo, too? Not doubting you, just wondering what variable you are using? GV, I definitely get. They have strong OOC wins.
                          Not saying it matters to the committee but OBU started the season ranked higher and are still higher rated in the polls, that was my thought process. Additionally, if you have OBU at 2 and Pitt at 3 it keeps from having a conference matchup in the first round.

To answer Gorilla Teachers question i think it comes down again to avoiding first round conference rematches. Both teams have a somewhat head scratching loss UCO and Hendy State and one "good" loss which is PItt and OBU. OBU is ranked higher than Pitt so Harding gets the higher ranking over NWMS. I know, I know, its unfathomable, unmentionable, and downright wrong that NW isn't ranked at #0 ahead of Grand Valley even with 2 losses. I'm sure the committee will come to their senses and correct this atrocity.

The 2 loss team who will probably have the most to complain about is Davenport or Saginaw Valley especially if they play Ferris and GV close. How do you not have either of them in the playoffs over all those other 2 loss teams when their 2 losses are against #1 and probably #5 or so in the country and 1st and 4th in the region? All those years of the MIAA arguing about getting three teams in, GLIAC has a strong case to make for that this year IF Davenport plays them or Saggy beats Davenport and wins out.
                          Last edited by Wallst; 10-17-2022, 12:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Redwing View Post

Not bad, but you might want to put Saginaw in the hunt... and likely they are at worse 7th if they win out. Only 2 losses are to GV and FSU. If they beat Dport, that'll kick Dport out. I'm hardly a Saggy fan, but I don't see any other 2 loss team ranked above Saginaw. Dport doesn't appear to be a PO caliber team. They snuck by with an OT win 2 weeks ago at NMU and won on essentially the last play AT HOME vs a poor Wayne team. The schedule will play out for Dport soon enough.

And I don't know if the comm. will look at FSU's SOS to be strong enough to bump any undefeated. I suspect the lack of D2 games may push them down to the 4th spot. Lots of ball to play though.
                            good call, forgot Saggy and how important that Davenport game is for both teams. That is a surefire playoff eliminator.

Comment

Davenport playing only 9 D2 games (Lincoln of Cali is NAIA) can't help their case if they are on the bubble. It would help them if Truman wins the GLVC outright ... my guess is they lose their final 3 and not even in the picture.

Comment

Originally posted by Try II View Post
                                Davenport playing only 9 D2 games (Lincoln of Cali is NAIA) can't help their case if they are on the bubble. It would help them if Truman wins the GLVC outright ... my guess is they lose their final 3 and not even in the picture.
                                Saginaw has been known to drop a game that they should win It could be the Dport game. Still, Dport hasn't looked strong in their wins. I would be more surprised if they had 2 losses than 3 at the end of the regular season.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X