Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gorillahawk
    replied
    IF a Pitt wins out and does so in convincing fashion, what's the chances of them being the 2 or 3 seed?

Leave a comment:

• EveryCatAWildman
    replied
    last 3 rounds in the playoffs - not even close. Right now Pitt and NW MO would be 4 and 5 seed probably, so one would eliminate the other in the first round then the winner gets to pleasure of traveling to Ferris and getting crushed.

I know we are only 5 weeks in but I think SRIII is pretty well defined already. Ferris/Grand Valley, Pittsburg/NW Mo, Ouachita/Harding, Indianapolis in some order. Maybe Kearney gets in with a win over NW Mo but that would be a simple swap. At this point Ouachita/Harding/Indianapolis should run the table fairly easily on their schedules for bids. Ferris/Grand Valley play each other, winner is SRIII #1 seed the other is probably #3 seed behind Ouachita.

Saginaw/Davenport could be disruptors but they both have the grinder of their schedules coming up and I don't expect they'll survive.

Leave a comment:

• Predatory Primates
    replied
    Originally posted by RollChos View Post

I don’t blame you for sandbagging at all. I would also agree that NW absolutely could win this game and it wouldn’t necessarily qualify as an “upset.” However, it is definitely Pitt’s game to lose if they don’t **** the bed.
    Maybe a little hyperbole above, but all BS aside, this game is a coin toss at best for Pitt. Pitt shouldn't be the favorite unless you want to spot them a little leeway for home field. Aside from that, both teams have struggled on offense and done well on defense.

-NW Dline is better by a lot, especially if Wall is still out.
    -LB is a draw
    -Safety is a draw..
    -Pitt CBs are slightly better if Payton is a go, slightly worse if not.
    -OL edge to Pitt
    -RB NW by quite a bit if Moya can go
    -WR, Pitt, but top 2 sat out all or part of MS, so it might be NW???
    -QB Pitt due to NW injuries.
    -TE ???Draw... PITT Has about 703 TEs, but their go to receiving TE got banged up Saturday.

Leave a comment:

• jimbo slice
    replied
    Originally posted by GreenwoodBearcat View Post
    You ranked NW way to high right now.
    i didnt rank anything. this was straight off the general forum and i took this from the super region 3 section.

Leave a comment:

• RollChos
    replied
    Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

NW is the heavy favorite until proven otherwise. Pitt squeaked out 2 wins against the only good teams they played. NW has done the same, but also had a WTF game like everyone does once a year or so. Pretty sure the last time they lost one with that many turnovers, and a so so QB, it was against Pitt and NW still won the conf and made a deep PO run. They're still NWMFMO until proven otherwise.
    I don’t blame you for sandbagging at all. I would also agree that NW absolutely could win this game and it wouldn’t necessarily qualify as an “upset.” However, it is definitely Pitt’s game to lose if they don’t **** the bed.

Leave a comment:

• Predatory Primates
    replied
    Originally posted by RollChos View Post
    Still a lot of football to be played. It’s going to be exciting to see how this all shakes out. I actually have no clue what I’ll think if NW finds a way to beat Pitt on Saturday.

My question: If any of the 2 loss teams can run the table, would a 2 loss MIAA team still get in the playoffs?
    NW is the heavy favorite until proven otherwise. Pitt squeaked out 2 wins against the only good teams they played. NW has done the same, but also had a WTF game like everyone does once a year or so. Pretty sure the last time they lost one with that many turnovers, and a so so QB, it was against Pitt and NW still won the conf and made a deep PO run. They're still NWMFMO until proven otherwise.

Leave a comment:

• GreenwoodBearcat
    replied
    You ranked NW way to high right now.

Leave a comment:

• RollChos
    replied
    Still a lot of football to be played. It’s going to be exciting to see how this all shakes out. I actually have no clue what I’ll think if NW finds a way to beat Pitt on Saturday.

My question: If any of the 2 loss teams can run the table, would a 2 loss MIAA team still get in the playoffs?

Leave a comment:

• Predatory Primates
    replied
    Depends on how they matched up. GAC teams would give em a game, GLVC teams probably wouldn't.

Ferris and GV would beat all 3, imo.

Leave a comment:

• jimbo slice
    started a topic Conference strength

Conference strength

just pulled this off the general forum. i want to know your feelings on the Regional strength ? here's the MIAA list. If i were to GUESS, id say we're pretty down. top 3 are still powerhouses but would they last three rounds deep in the playoffs if the season ended Saturday? you KNOW i don't think UCO would last past 1 so don't just pound on me for the question.

MIAA
    1. Pittsburg State (5-0)
    2. Nebraska-Kearney (4-1)
    2. Northwest Missouri State (4-1)
    4. Central Oklahoma (3-2)
    4. Emporia State (3-2)
    4. Missouri Southern State (3-2)
    4. Washburn (3-2)
    8. Missouri Western State (2-3)
    9. Central Missouri (1-4)
    9. Fort Hays State (1-4)
    9. Northeastern State (1-4)