8-0 UNK

Griffs with a nice drive. Jones ran it in

8-7

Comment

3rd and 27 and our penalty gives them a first down ugh

Comment

11-7 Lopers. Almost half time

Comment

Bad bad snap on 4th down gave the Lopers great field position and they capitalized

18-7

Comment

18-7 Lopers at the half

Comment

Griffs get FG. 18-10 UNK

Comment

UNK with a pick gave them great field position. They score

33-10 UNK

Comment

This game is pretty much over

UNK has played a good game and made fewer mistakes

Comment

Kearney’s the better team. I don’t think they’re 21 points better, but…

TJ gonna TJ, but the defense did alright. We’re just not good enough to overcome our mistakes.

Comment

Went to the game in St Joe today. Great win. What a waste of facilities, homecoming and no crowd. No gameday atmosphere. I would have hated to see the turnout if it was just a regular game.

Comment

Originally posted by LopeShow View Post
                        Went to the game in St Joe today. Great win. What a waste of facilities, homecoming and no crowd. No gameday atmosphere. I would have hated to see the turnout if it was just a regular game.
                        I’m sorry that you had to experience game day at Spratt Stadium like that. It is definitely not always like that. I think the fans/community have thrown in the towel on the season since it’s become painfully apparent that this is NOT the year of the Griffon on the football field. I know enrollment is way down from when I was there from 2009 to 2013 when enrollment peaked at 6000+. Initial report on fall enrollment is now down to around 3900 if I remember correctly. I’m sure if the team was having a better year that your experience would have been better. Sad to see, but there are a good number of fair weather MW fans, so I’m not surprised that turnout and atmosphere was poor. Disappointed but not surprised. I’ve seen that place rocking many times, but I’ve also seen it subdued, really just depends on how the team is doing in my experience.

Comment

That one got ugly late. TJ and the Davises win again. I feel bad for ReaganJones. Hope he doesn't transfer to NW.

Comment

Originally posted by GetGRIFFedUp View Post

I’m sorry that you had to experience game day at Spratt Stadium like that. It is definitely not always like that. I think the fans/community have thrown in the towel on the season since it’s become painfully apparent that this is NOT the year of the Griffon on the football field. I know enrollment is way down from when I was there from 2009 to 2013 when enrollment peaked at 6000+. Initial report on fall enrollment is now down to around 3900 if I remember correctly. I’m sure if the team was having a better year that your experience would have been better. Sad to see, but there are a good number of fair weather MW fans, so I’m not surprised that turnout and atmosphere was poor. Disappointed but not surprised. I’ve seen that place rocking many times, but I’ve also seen it subdued, really just depends on how the team is doing in my experience.
                            I didn't realize their enrollment had been hit so hard.

If people support a struggling team, there's no external motivation to get better.

Comment

Unk looked exactly like the team in 19 that carved up the griffs at will. Absolutely no adjustment to their style. They did what they have been doing, no surprises at all. Disappointed in the coaching staff. Gotta game plan a little better.

reagan Jones looked hurt to me. He ran for 100+ and took every opportunity to avoid contact. Normally he’s willing to cut in or take hits for more yards or big plays. That was not the case last night.

head coaches decision to punt on 4th and 5 from the unk 35 completely turned the game around. This same scenario has happened multiple times. I don’t recall it ever working out for the griffs. Maybe that was the right move in 1946 but in today’s game it’s a losing formula.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X