Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UNK seemed more determined to get the pass game going than they have so far this season.

They must have seen something in that MW defense, or they are just trying to improve that aspect knowing that they will need it down the stretch.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
      UNK seemed more determined to get the pass game going than they have so far this season.

They must have seen something in that MW defense, or they are just trying to improve that aspect knowing that they will need it down the stretch.
      They did appear to me to be working on some thing. Just some confusion or late switching in formation. Just my opinion. Game was well in hand at that point. Big catch in the first half was the receiver or te going up and getting one rather that a great throw.

Comment

Originally posted by southside View Post

They did appear to me to be working on some thing. Just some confusion or late switching in formation. Just my opinion. Game was well in hand at that point. Big catch in the first half was the receiver or te going up and getting one rather that a great throw.
        Yeah all the speed on offense is at QB or HB. They don't seem to have a burner or a really tall jump ball TE like they have in the past. They're going to need a passing game or NW will kill them and their PO hopes.

Comment

Originally posted by southside View Post
          Unk looked exactly like the team in 19 that carved up the griffs at will. Absolutely no adjustment to their style. They did what they have been doing, no surprises at all. Disappointed in the coaching staff. Gotta game plan a little better.

reagan Jones looked hurt to me. He ran for 100+ and took every opportunity to avoid contact. Normally he’s willing to cut in or take hits for more yards or big plays. That was not the case last night.

head coaches decision to punt on 4th and 5 from the unk 35 completely turned the game around. This same scenario has happened multiple times. I don’t recall it ever working out for the griffs. Maybe that was the right move in 1946 but in today’s game it’s a losing formula.
          Good observation on Jones. He seemed himself early on, but at some point I noticed he wasn’t moving like he normally does.

I was frustrated by the punt too. Most times your best case scenario is that you pin them deep and they run out the clock without scoring. I’d rather go down swinging. Also not a fan of the early 4th quarter punt from midfield - felt like an early surrender. You’re likely not coming back from 22 points down, but to have any chance at all you e got to maximize possessions.

Comment

Originally posted by GrifFan View Post
            Good observation on Jones. He seemed himself early on, but at some point I noticed he wasn’t moving like he normally does.

I was frustrated by the punt too. Most times your best case scenario is that you pin them deep and they run out the clock without scoring. I’d rather go down swinging. Also not a fan of the early 4th quarter punt from midfield - felt like an early surrender. You’re likely not coming back from 22 points down, but to have any chance at all you e got to maximize possessions.
            I had hoped that MW would take a step forward this year. Assuming we lose to Pitt State and beat everyone else, we will end up 6-5...again. I could see us potentially losing to either MOSO or UCM. If so, that puts us at 5-6 which is a step lower.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
            Working...
            X