Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alfred33 View Post

I tend to agree with that. I like broadcasts where you can tell who's team the broadcasters are rooting for... sometimes I think ours are too neutral and kind of blah. I remember growing up, I found watching a Cubs game with Harry Caray and Steve Stone more interesting in comparison to a Royals game for that same reason. It can go too far sometimes, but a little homerism goes a long way in making a game entertaining. Recent memory.... I thought the UCO football broadcast was really good this year. I definitely knew they were pulling for UCO but were also positive in how they spoke about NW. They would also read tweets at them during the game which was kind of a fun touch. Now their basketball guy last year was over the top ridiculous and was pretty unprofessional in the way he was singling out referees during the broadcast. It was a lot. lol I've always thought MoWest does a pretty nice job with the broadcasts and the graphics and replays. Obviously, some are better than the others... it's easier to listen to when it's not the kids sometimes, but it is good experience for them, so it's hard to find fault in it.
    The UCO basketball guys are over the top. I have seen them single out opposing players and poke fun at them. Very unprofessional.

Comment

Originally posted by mosofan1 View Post

The UCO basketball guys are over the top. I have seen them single out opposing players and poke fun at them. Very unprofessional.
      100%... I watched them twice last year, once against Washburn and then against us and he was brutal both times... He did say some goofy things about players and coaches, but in both games, he chose an official to berate during the broadcast... In the Washburn game he kept calling him something "white haired official guy", but in the NW game, I believe he was using the guy's actual name and saying how he had no business being a referee in the MIAA, over and over.... It was just too much and classless. But again, I thought their football broadcast was great... In cases like that, I don't know... maybe the radio station has more control over who is doing the games then the university? I'm not trying to disparage UCO. It is what it is.

Comment

100%... I watched them twice last year, once against Washburn and then against us and he was brutal both times... He did say some goofy things about players and coaches, but in both games, he chose an official to berate during the broadcast... In the Washburn game he kept calling him something "white haired official guy", but in the NW game, I believe he was using the guy's actual name and saying how he had no business being a referee in the MIAA, over and over.... It was just too much and classless. But again, I thought their football broadcast was great... In cases like that, I don't know... maybe the radio station has more control over who is doing the games then the university? I'm not trying to disparage UCO. It is what it is.
        like i mentioned before, one of them played for UCO and was a multi year all American at UCO and is actually a lurker here lol. so, I'm sure he'll be happy to hear you guys give him props. the other is an actual professional sports caster for the local sports radio station. they've always done a great job. i have skin in this game and I've always felt it was a fair evaluation of everything involved. more so than say the OKC thunder game being broadcast lol....they are way above and beyond for a regional broadcast on television.

Comment

Must be related to Pimple Slice

Comment

Most of us who watched the NW-UCO BB game last year agree that the play by play guy from UCO was a complete tool. All game long he did nothing but complain about NW getting all the calls despite the fact that UCO had more FT attempts than NW did. Plus, he was taking shots at Mac, Trevor, and calling out the refs by name. Basically, his conduct distracted from what was a great game by both teams. Some of the other broadcast teams in this conference makes me appreciate our broadcast team that much more.

Comment

Originally posted by catfan4life View Post

Most of us who watched the NW-UCO BB game last year agree that the play by play guy from UCO was a complete tool. All game long he did nothing but complain about NW getting all the calls despite the fact that UCO had more FT attempts than NW did. Plus, he was taking shots at Mac, Trevor, and calling out the refs by name. Basically, his conduct distracted from what was a great game by both teams. Some of the other broadcast teams in this conference makes me appreciate our broadcast team that much more.
              im sure wiping your tears with the ncaa championship banner makes it all better. if you would have beat UCO you would have never given him a second thought.
              Last edited by jimbo slice; 10-15-2022, 09:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jimbo slice View Post

im sure wiping your tears with the ncaa championship banner makes it all better. if you would have beat UCO you would have never given him a second thought.
                There were never any tears from me, UCO deserved to win that game, period. UCO would’ve won the MIAA outright if they didn’t lose to MW and UCM. For the record, NW did their part on two occasions to set up a rematch (MIAA tournament and Central Region Tournament). That said, this NC was definitely the sweetest one for me because at times this season, we didn’t look as strong as we did in years’ past. Maybe one day, your team will win one.

Comment

The actual truth of it is, I commented on the basketball board about him after the Washburn game I watched which was before they played NW. I honestly didn’t like the way NW fans got in their feels because he said mean things abt our guys… I mean who cares? I didn’t give 2 sh*ts, but his conduct toward the officials is what struck me during both games I watched. Couldn’t imagine that the MIAA could have liked having him talk like that about their officials on their network, but whatever… I only saw those two games and like I said earlier, I like a little homerism and excitement from a broadcast. I’ll mention it again though, since this is the football board, your football broadcast is excellent and if the dude you were talking about is lurking… nice job, keep up the good work!

Comment

Originally posted by catfan4life View Post

There were never any tears from me, UCO deserved to win that game, period. UCO would’ve won the MIAA outright if they didn’t lose to MW and UCM. For the record, NW did their part on two occasions to set up a rematch (MIAA tournament and Central Region Tournament). That said, this NC was definitely the sweetest one for me because at times this season, we didn’t look as strong as we did in years’ past. Maybe one day, your team will win one.
                    not even a lil bit of a basketball fan. couldn't care less.

Comment

not even a lil bit of a basketball fan. couldn't care less.
                      Tell your butt buddy that. Always messaging me about basketball. I could give two fat sh**s about it.

Comment

[QUOTE=Wallst;n703352]On live streams the Pitt play by play guy is pretty poor. The color guy is decent to good and spends half his time correcting the play by play guy and the other half biting his tongue trying not to correct him. I honestly don't know the pbp guys name. He sounds fairly young. It's kind of a catch 22, if you don't get experience how are you supposed to get better but the cost of getting experience is painful for the viewers. The old Iggy Pop song says it best. "I can't get a car without a job and I can't get a job without a car".

The play by play guy needs to study up on stats prior to game. .Check facts to make sure they are correct.

Luck is where Preparation meets Opportunity

Comment

Originally posted by reloadmvp View Post

Must be related to Pimple Slice
                          speaking of which, your mom has a huge one on her *ss crack. see if you can pop that damn thing when it's your family's turn to satisfy her.

Comment

[QUOTE=voicefromthestands;n704549]
                            Originally posted by Wallst View Post
                            On live streams the Pitt play by play guy is pretty poor. The color guy is decent to good and spends half his time correcting the play by play guy and the other half biting his tongue trying not to correct him. I honestly don't know the pbp guys name. He sounds fairly young. It's kind of a catch 22, if you don't get experience how are you supposed to get better but the cost of getting experience is painful for the viewers. The old Iggy Pop song says it best. "I can't get a car without a job and I can't get a job without a car".

The play by play guy needs to study up on stats prior to game. .Check facts to make sure they are correct.
                            Yeah. For Pitt games, I sync up the radio stream with the video and mute the amateur announcers.

Comment

[QUOTE=Predatory Primates;n704566]
                              Originally posted by voicefromthestands View Post

Yeah. For Pitt games, I sync up the radio stream with the video and mute the amateur announcers.
                              I have heard a lot of UNK fans do that to, especially for home football games since they don't take their radio guys call for those. They have a third party crew do it. Seems like a lot of hoops to jump through but apparently it can be done and many do it.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X