Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Homecoming GameDay ... Who Is Your Ideal Homecoming Opponent?

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Homecoming GameDay ... Who Is Your Ideal Homecoming Opponent?

NW brings NSU to Rickenbrode-Mel Tjeerdsma-Bearcat Stadium this Homecoming weekend to Maryville. Just wondering who your personal ideal Homecoming opponent would be these days. Where do you lean on the 'competitive scale' with the team coming to town on Homecoming weekend? Personally, don't know too many people who don't want some kind of guarantee the home team comes away with the win. Pretty much everyone wants to go to town after the game to celebrate at their favorite pub. Does anyone actually want a team coming to town who threatens your Homecoming with a hard-fought battle? Does anyone want to see a dominating win?

A good rivalry would be best, imo. NW, ESU, MoSo, or WU.

I don't want a guaranteed win, but I go just for the football and the atmosphere. A win against a respectable opponent is what I hope for. If it's a dominating win, that's even better, but watching a mismatch is just not much fun after the first few minutes. No Lincolns or NSU's, please.

Comment

Before this year I’d list UNK Pitt Washburn and emporia in that order. Wouldn’t consider NW a true “rivalry” is the only reason they’re not on the list.

as far as equal competition think NSU would be the perfect homecoming pick for us.

Comment

People love a good beat down on HC, but with the conference office in charge of scheduling you kind of get what you get in the three or four week window that most
        schools traditionally hold homecoming.

Comment

low hanging fruit
          Go Bearcats!
          M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

You want to win, but the atmosphere suffers if it's a weak opponent everyone knows you'll steamroll. For UNK right now, I'd go with Hays, Washburn or Central Missouri (Lambo connection). If a noncon was possible, the obvious choices would be the in-state rivals, Chadron or Wayne. Other fun possibilities would be old RMAC foes like Colorado Mines or Pueblo.

Comment

Maybe I'm too old or something but homecoming is just another home game to me, nothing special.

Comment

I think the perfect homecoming game is a team that is competitive for the first 2 1/3 to 3 quarter but ultimately can't hang with the home team who pulls away in the last quarter for a comfortable 17-21 point win.

Comment

Makes perfect sense to schedule a cupcake for Homecoming. You have alums that are going to their only game of the year. You want to send them home feeling good about their university so they are more likely to donate when the fundraisers hit them up

Comment

Originally posted by Randy View Post
                    Maybe I'm too old or something but homecoming is just another home game to me, nothing special.
                    no one should lose when they have a parade. its unamerican. unless we're in town ;)
                    Go Bearcats!
                    M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
                      I don't want a guaranteed win, but I go just for the football and the atmosphere. A win against a respectable opponent is what I hope for. If it's a dominating win, that's even better, but watching a mismatch is just not much fun after the first few minutes. No Lincolns or NSU's, please.
                      When I saw we scheduled Pitt for homecoming this year my first thought was that decision was clearly made by someone who doesn’t know the MIAA or is delusional. However, I would agree that the NSU game was boring after the 1st quarter. The best homecoming atmosphere requires scheduling a quality opponent.

That said, I hope we take offense to the disrespect of Washburn scheduling us this weekend and use it as extra motivation on the road.
                      Roll Chos!

Comment

Originally posted by RollChos View Post

When I saw we scheduled Pitt for homecoming this year my first thought was that decision was clearly made by someone who doesn’t know the MIAA or is delusional. However, I would agree that the NSU game was boring after the 1st quarter. The best homecoming atmosphere requires scheduling a quality opponent.

That said, I hope we take offense to the disrespect of Washburn scheduling us this weekend and use it as extra motivation on the road.
                        I don't think UCO had much of a choice. Thursday games are scheduled to maximize student attendance. NW was game 2, FH was around Fall Break. With the last game being senior day that only leaves one option.
                        Go Bronchos!

Comment

We will be at Topeka to see how the 'Chos do on the road this time. I was at NW last week and was impressed with the 'Bods QB. If the UCO D plays him the way they played NW's QB's it could be a close game.

Comment

Originally posted by RollChos View Post

Thinking MIAA scheduling is based on anything but convenience and minimum effort is giving waaaaaay to much credit.

Comment

Pitt State, Missouri Western, Central Missouri....these all are long-standing rivals for Northwest that make great HC opponents in my opinion.
                              Northwest Missouri State University
                              BEARCATS

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X