Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GorillaTeacher View Post
    Harding has Ark Tech, I think. OBU has Henderson. Didn’t Washburn jump up last year, as the 7 seed after beating us?
    I thought they were 1 seed in front of us. We were either 9 or 8????

Comment

• Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

Your conference was the one who did it right in my scenario. I want silos to be outlawed. Heck, even one noncon a year would be better than nothing.

As for the GLIAC, I feel bad for them. Not sure where all the teams went, but they seem like a dying conference. Trying to schedule 4 ooc games a year has to be tough, and they don't have enough teams to silo up, or any conferences close by to do a scheduling alliance.

I can see both sides with DU, though. I don't think they would win 9 in the MIAA, but their only losses being to 2 of the top teams in all of D2 should carry some weight, and their numbers seem good as long as they don't get dinged for having so few games that count.

I hate the silo stuff, and it shouldn't be rewarded, but I don't want to see a team rewarded for taking money games and/or playing down more than once a year. (I don't know if DU did that or not. I am just throwing it out there as a point, not an accusation )

DU played Truman, Northwood (Just left GLIAC) and Lincoln(CA.) Most of the GLIAC played one other GLIAC team twice. I suspect DU didn't have much better luck than GV or other GLIAC teams with finding games. No way would they bring in Lincoln if something was out there. Some of the GMAC and GLVC teams are playing the GLIAC schools so there's a bit help there. After that it's fly time. I don't know the rest of the conf, but GV flew to 2 games this season and I'm pretty sure 2 teams flew to GV. So 4 games involved flying.

And FWIW, those that left the GLIAC mostly moved to the GMAC...All but KentuckyW GMAC teams were in the GLIAC.. ALL of 8 of 9 of em.

Comment

• 1 Grand Valley 9-0
        2 Ferris State 7-1
        3 Pittsburg State 10-0
        4 Ouachita Baptist 10-0
        5 Davenport 7-1
        6 Truman State 8-1
        7 Indianapolis 7-1
        8 Harding 8-2
        9 Emporia State 8-2
        10 Northwest Missouri 8-2

First 4 are in.
        Winner of TSU/Indy is in.
        6 and 7 spots will be between Davenport, loser of TSU/Indy and Harding which will win Saturday.

DU, HU, TSU, Indy will all have the same record as ESU/NW winner but a better of same SOS.

From past experiences ESU/NW has a slim to none chance.

Comment

• Originally posted by Redwing View Post

DU played Truman, Northwood (Just left GLIAC) and Lincoln(CA.) Most of the GLIAC played one other GLIAC team twice. I suspect DU didn't have much better luck than GV or other GLIAC teams with finding games. No way would they bring in Lincoln if something was out there. Some of the GMAC and GLVC teams are playing the GLIAC schools so there's a bit help there. After that it's fly time. I don't know the rest of the conf, but GV flew to 2 games this season and I'm pretty sure 2 teams flew to GV. So 4 games involved flying.

And FWIW, those that left the GLIAC mostly moved to the GMAC...All but KentuckyW GMAC teams were in the GLIAC.. ALL of 8 of 9 of em.
          Was the GMAC formed to get away from playing the Michigan schools?

Comment

• I think history shows MIAA gets two teams in. Loser of TSU and Indy is out. Davenport will be out out too, I think after this week.

Means a good opportunity for second gac and miaa team get in.

There is precedence.

Comment

• I'm so giddy that Pitt is in for the first time in forever. All the rest has just become noise at this point.

I'm fine if Pitt ends up being the only MIAA in. I want to see them play someone they haven't for a while, and would rather see all new teams than a rematch.

It also has the potential benefit of convincing the one more administrator needed to end the silo garbage.

That said, I think GT is right and history tells us that the MIAA will get 2 teams in, especially if Nw wins

Comment

Was the GMAC formed to get away from playing the Michigan schools?
                It's never been explained, but for the most part the schools' party line said they wanted to compete against similar schools. Travel and easier competition were rumored to be part of the equation, but rarely, if ever acknowledged. Northwood and Hillsdale are MI schools.

Comment

• Originally posted by GorillaTeacher View Post
                  I think history shows MIAA gets two teams in. Loser of TSU and Indy is out. Davenport will be out out too, I think after this week.

Means a good opportunity for second gac and miaa team get in.

There is precedence.
                  There is but it is with a MIAA team sitting in the 8 hole. There has been a few times over the last few years Pitt was sitting at 9 and won but was left out even though a team in front of them lost.

Makes no difference to me. If a second MIAA team gets in they will be shipped to another region anyway. Plus we beat either of those two if we play again anyhow.

Comment

• IF NW sneaks in at 7 I’m fine with getting shipped to another Region. There are plenty of teams I’d rather play than PSU/GVSU/FSU.
                    I think an SR3 team wins the Natty again

Comment

• Originally posted by NWFanatic View Post
                      IF NW sneaks in at 7 I’m fine with getting shipped to another Region. There are plenty of teams I’d rather play than PSU/GVSU/FSU.
                      I just want to know what Pitt has to do to get shipped to SR1

Comment

• Originally posted by NWFanatic View Post
                        IF NW sneaks in at 7 I’m fine with getting shipped to another Region. There are plenty of teams I’d rather play than PSU/GVSU/FSU.
                        Much like UNK benefitted from getting moved to SR4 last year.

Comment

• Originally posted by PSR View Post
                          1 Grand Valley 9-0
                          2 Ferris State 7-1
                          3 Pittsburg State 10-0
                          4 Ouachita Baptist 10-0
                          5 Davenport 7-1
                          6 Truman State 8-1
                          7 Indianapolis 7-1
                          8 Harding 8-2
                          9 Emporia State 8-2
                          10 Northwest Missouri 8-2

First 4 are in.
                          Winner of TSU/Indy is in.
                          6 and 7 spots will be between Davenport, loser of TSU/Indy and Harding which will win Saturday.

DU, HU, TSU, Indy will all have the same record as ESU/NW winner but a better of same SOS.

From past experiences ESU/NW has a slim to none chance.
                          Harding is maxed out at #8. Based on the numbers they can’t go any higher. IF Northwest beats Emporia - they will improve their record against above.500 as well as beating at regionally ranked opponent- both are criteria. They will jump both Emporia and Harding. The loser of the Truman/Indy game will drop out - so NW will be in at 7. The only thing that could foil that (besides losing to Emporia) is if Henderson beats Ouachita. But even then, HSU would have a “better” win but they would also have a “worse” loss.

Basically if NW wins- they are in. If they don’t - this is all a cows opinion. :)
                          Help out D2football.com - click on an ad

Comment

I just want to know what Pitt has to do to get shipped to SR1
                            You have to basically suck or blow. Your choice

Comment

• Originally posted by GreenwoodBearcat View Post

You have to basically suck or blow. Your choice
                              I would suggest ReLoad as tribute. With a W they can take Pitts 3 seed. We will go to SR1 and see Angelo or Delta at our place in the Semis.

Comment

• Originally posted by BearcatDude View Post
                                Harding is maxed out at #8. Based on the numbers they can’t go any higher. IF Northwest beats Emporia - they will improve their record against above.500 as well as beating at regionally ranked opponent- both are criteria. They will jump both Emporia and Harding. The loser of the Truman/Indy game will drop out - so NW will be in at 7. The only thing that could foil that (besides losing to Emporia) is if Henderson beats Ouachita. But even then, HSU would have a “better” win but they would also have a “worse” loss.

Basically if NW wins- they are in. If they don’t - this is all a cows opinion. :)
                                What if UCM beats UCO, making the 'Chos drop below .500, and Southern Ark beats Monticello (3-7)? Makes UCO and SAU both 5-6 so Hendo and Northwest would have the same bad loss.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X