Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For crying out loud, guys. For the umpteen millionth time, there are no seeds for 5-7. For all we know, NWMSU was the last one in.

Screaming about special treatment, yet not complaining about DU getting a golden egg with subpar resume, and ferris being granted a second “bye”.

Comment

• I don't think it's any kind of conspiracy.

What does suck is that Pitt appears to be paying the price for the silo crap when they have been against it from day one while NW, who still supports it, gets off Scott free.

Apparently, evil pays.

Comment

• The good news is it's the playoffs, so everyone gets a chance to prove it on the field.

I'm excited to find out if Pitt can.

Comment

• I love reading about how the Monkeys got screwed. Congratulations on your 3 seed.

Comment

• Originally posted by GreenwoodBearcat View Post
            I love reading about how the Monkeys got screwed. Congratulations on your 3 seed.
            One of Pitt or Ferris would have been hurt by the silo stuff. Both have legit claims to the #2.

Like I said, I don't even know if Pitt is good enough to make any noise. The moral here is that NW is evil and should be hated on at every opportunity.

Comment

• Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

One of Pitt or Ferris would have been hurt by the silo stuff. Both have legit claims to the #2.

Like I said, I don't even know if Pitt is good enough to make any noise. The moral here is that NW is evil and should be hated on at every opportunity.
              Honestly Pitt should have had the 2 seed. Hopefully you won’t have to travel up to that crap hole Ferris or GVSU.

Comment

• No way 8-1 FSU should be ahead of 2 11-0 teams. Plus they basically get a bye vs DU who they stomped a couple weeks ago

Comment

• Shoulda let ESU in if NW jumped to 5.

ya, you all knew that was coming

Comment

• This year, it's likely that FSU was going to play DU in the opening round no matter if FSU was 2 or 3. NCAA wants to limit travel so that was a given. As for Pitt or FSU being 2 or 3, it had to be close. IMO, and trust me, I'm no fan of the Bsdogs, I think the comm felt the SOS of FSU was just so high that it would trump most other metrics, period.

And frankly, I'm not seeing ANY rational for Truman being left out over NW if criteria are used.. The only way I see that NW made it in is that the committee didn't take into account much of the criteria and subjectively just placed NW over Truman. I think what's tough for most of us, is that we likely agree that NW is the better team. Like who would one rather play in the POs? But that's not what the criteria are.

As for DU, they have some really solid SOS and PI numbers. So much that if seeded they are likely the highest 2 loss team in the region. Of course, this is just my take on this picture.

So any chance I see an MIAA team or 2 in Allendale?

Comment

• Originally posted by Redwing View Post
                      This year, it's likely that FSU was going to play DU in the opening round no matter if FSU was 2 or 3. NCAA wants to limit travel so that was a given. As for Pitt or FSU being 2 or 3, it had to be close. IMO, and trust me, I'm no fan of the Bsdogs, I think the comm felt the SOS of FSU was just so high that it would trump most other metrics, period.

And frankly, I'm not seeing ANY rational for Truman being left out over NW if criteria are used.. The only way I see that NW made it in is that the committee didn't take into account much of the criteria and subjectively just placed NW over Truman. I think what's tough for most of us, is that we likely agree that NW is the better team. Like who would one rather play in the POs? But that's not what the criteria are.

As for DU, they have some really solid SOS and PI numbers. So much that if seeded they are likely the highest 2 loss team in the region. Of course, this is just my take on this picture.

So any chance I see an MIAA team or 2 in Allendale?
                      I've seen this alot...you know what the #1 critieria is in all sports at the D2 level: In-region wins. And the only schools that have more than NW are, in order: GVSU, PSU, and OBU. It's regionalization folks, and region games are region games, no matter if they are in a silo or not.

PSU and OBU should've been #2 and #3 and Ferris should be in the #4 hole...that way the NCAA would limit a flight round two for sure...instead they will definitely have one flight to Grand Rapids, and probably 2.

I don't know if i agree that NW should be in or not...but when folks start arguing about numbers...in an 11-week season, wins should matter most. NO ONE IS TALKING ABOUT HARDING...those poor guys are the ones who got screwed in my opinion.

The numbers change so violently every week because of small sample size...that is the reason why the first rankings of every sport are now just listed in alphabetical order, because the numbers change so much, people lost their minds in basketball because they'd win 3 games in a week and drop out...and that's in sports that play 28 games in a year...football is just different.

I think that the eye-test should matter in football and therefore NW should be in...as should Harding. Davenport is the joke...they lost two games, by a combined 63 points? That's a laugher of a first rounder in Ferris.

We should have teams in the playoffs that can beat playoff teams. Davenport is not one of those teams.

Comment

• Originally posted by reloadmvp View Post
                        Shoulda let ESU in if NW jumped to 5.

ya, you all knew that was coming
                        To better understand things NWMSU, UI & DU are in a 3 way tie for 5th so the NCAA can have them play whoever saves them the most in travel expenses.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pistols_33 View Post

I've seen this alot...you know what the #1 critieria is in all sports at the D2 level: In-region wins. And the only schools that have more than NW are, in order: GVSU, PSU, and OBU. It's regionalization folks, and region games are region games, no matter if they are in a silo or not.

PSU and OBU should've been #2 and #3 and Ferris should be in the #4 hole...that way the NCAA would limit a flight round two for sure...instead they will definitely have one flight to Grand Rapids, and probably 2.

I don't know if i agree that NW should be in or not...but when folks start arguing about numbers...in an 11-week season, wins should matter most. NO ONE IS TALKING ABOUT HARDING...those poor guys are the ones who got screwed in my opinion.

The numbers change so violently every week because of small sample size...that is the reason why the first rankings of every sport are now just listed in alphabetical order, because the numbers change so much, people lost their minds in basketball because they'd win 3 games in a week and drop out...and that's in sports that play 28 games in a year...football is just different.

I think that the eye-test should matter in football and therefore NW should be in...as should Harding. Davenport is the joke...they lost two games, by a combined 63 points? That's a laugher of a first rounder in Ferris.

We should have teams in the playoffs that can beat playoff teams. Davenport is not one of those teams.
                          I mostly agree. Though, my issue is more about how the participants are selected. It looks like in SR3 they used criteria for DU and then didn't follow it for NW and Truman. At least with what I saw in the data. Harding could make a case that they also got jobbed. That's where I think frustration lies. It doesn't appear consistent. I suspect it may be in the committee's eyes, but we don't hear the rational. I do know that before the selection I was thinking that I wouldn't know how I would have ranked this region. Do I go with criteria or do I go with what I think the best teams are? IMO, the criteria doesn't seem to yield the best outcome for determining the best teams.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pistols_33 View Post

I've seen this alot...you know what the #1 critieria is in all sports at the D2 level: In-region wins. And the only schools that have more than NW are, in order: GVSU, PSU, and OBU.
                            Interesting…explains a lot. Just hope we can wake up and represent, even in a “down year.

Comment

I mostly agree. Though, my issue is more about how the participants are selected. It looks like in SR3 they used criteria for DU and then didn't follow it for NW and Truman. At least with what I saw in the data. Harding could make a case that they also got jobbed. That's where I think frustration lies. It doesn't appear consistent. I suspect it may be in the committee's eyes, but we don't hear the rational. I do know that before the selection I was thinking that I wouldn't know how I would have ranked this region. Do I go with criteria or do I go with what I think the best teams are? IMO, the criteria doesn't seem to yield the best outcome for determining the best teams.
                              I agree wholeheartedly...i believe it should've been Truman and DU .... OR .... NW and Harding.

And i personally value wins, so i would've went with NW and Harding...and history tells me no one REALLY wants to play either of them in the first round. I don't think any of the top 4 teams would dread playing TSU or DU. My opinion.

Comment

IMO, the criteria doesn't seem to yield the best outcome for determining the best teams.
                                Pretty much. But whatever the criteria, someone will get jobbed. And since it’s D2 football, most of the powers that be could care less.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X