Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will they also shuffle 2nd round matchups to save travel times?

Comment

• Win or lose NW has the best 1st round location- no cold, snowy Big Rapids and no rematch at the Jungle. Also NW usually fairs pretty good against run heavy teams

Comment

• I’m sure most of you found it on your own if you’re interested, but since I didn’t see a link in the thread here’s the numbers per the NCAA:

https://www.ncaa.com/_flysystem/publ...region%203.pdf

If I was a Truman fan I’d be pretty hot.

Comment

• If I was a Truman fan I’d be pretty hot. [/QUOTE]
          I agree…TSU’s 8-2 > DU’s 7-2

Comment

• pfft. they lost to that davenport and won 8 pillow fights which is exactly what they were looking for when they fled the league.
            Go Bearcats!
            M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

• Originally posted by NWFanatic View Post

[/QUOTE]

I think the following had to come into play.
              1-Saggy woodshedded Indy.
              ​​​​2- DU squeaked by Saggy
              3- Indy beat Truman.

Comment

• Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

3- Indy beat Truman.

4) Don't play in a gawd awful conference

Comment

• Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

3- Indy beat Truman.
                  DU had H2H on TSU too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pistols_33 View Post

I've seen this alot...you know what the #1 critieria is in all sports at the D2 level: In-region wins. And the only schools that have more than NW are, in order: GVSU, PSU, and OBU. It's regionalization folks, and region games are region games, no matter if they are in a silo or not.

PSU and OBU should've been #2 and #3 and Ferris should be in the #4 hole...that way the NCAA would limit a flight round two for sure...instead they will definitely have one flight to Grand Rapids, and probably 2.

I don't know if i agree that NW should be in or not...but when folks start arguing about numbers...in an 11-week season, wins should matter most. NO ONE IS TALKING ABOUT HARDING...those poor guys are the ones who got screwed in my opinion.

The numbers change so violently every week because of small sample size...that is the reason why the first rankings of every sport are now just listed in alphabetical order, because the numbers change so much, people lost their minds in basketball because they'd win 3 games in a week and drop out...and that's in sports that play 28 games in a year...football is just different.

I think that the eye-test should matter in football and therefore NW should be in...as should Harding. Davenport is the joke...they lost two games, by a combined 63 points? That's a laugher of a first rounder in Ferris.

We should have teams in the playoffs that can beat playoff teams. Davenport is not one of those teams.
                    Harding should have been in vs Davenport, no doubt. As for NW? They likely were last in. Truman plays in a sub-par conference with horrible (sorry) competition. I would have loved to see a mediocre NW team (this year) play NE Missouri State (oops, Truman). NW has a chance in game 1 vs QBU, if their run defense plays like they have all season, but their O (NW) is lackluster with no creativity by the OC. That guy has to go. The NW D could have better stats if there weren't on the field so much.

Wasn't NW last in one year on a run to the NC game with 3 losses and then 4 road wins? I know that was one of the years they lost to GV in Alabama.

Comment

• Originally posted by lsnwbearcat View Post

Harding should have been in vs Davenport, no doubt. As for NW? They likely were last in. Truman plays in a sub-par conference with horrible (sorry) competition. I would have loved to see a mediocre NW team (this year) play NE Missouri State (oops, Truman). NW has a chance in game 1 vs QBU, if their run defense plays like they have all season, but their O (NW) is lackluster with no creativity by the OC. That guy has to go. The NW D could have better stats if there weren't on the field so much.

Wasn't NW last in one year on a run to the NC game with 3 losses and then 4 road wins? I know that was one of the years they lost to GV in Alabama.
                      ‘05 Road Dogs snuck in at 7-3 and were likely the lowest seed of the 24 teams.
                      All they did was avenge losses to WU & PSU plus beat ASU & UNA before losing to #1 GVSU 21-17 as a NW receiver was tackled around the GVSU 5 yd line as time expired.

I was fortunate to be probably only a handful of NW fans to make both trips to KS, both trips to AL & the trip to TX. It was the season after Lambo broke his hip and I’ll never forgot how he came over to the NW fans and acknowledged us with his helmet raised before heading to the locker.
                      Last edited by NWFanatic; 11-14-2022, 04:54 PM.

Comment

• So when are game times announced?

Comment

• As far as I’m aware, they already were. Check the bracket, then the home teams website to confirm.

Comment

• Is it 1:00 pm EST or CST? Game times are often shown in EST regardless of what time zone game is in.

Comment

• The bracket says cst for me, which is what our is. 1:00 cst.

Comment

• Originally posted by NWFanatic View Post

[/QUOTE]

Davenport 20
                                Truman st. 19

Game played at Truman

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X