Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Pistols_33 View Post

I've seen this alot...you know what the #1 critieria is in all sports at the D2 level: In-region wins.
    “Required Selection Criteria. Following confirmation of the availability of student-athletes for NCAA Championships and the application for any nullification, the following selection criteria shall be applied in no particular order:”

https://ncaaorg.s3.amazonaws.com/cha...ampsManual.pdf

Comment

• Originally posted by dvaara View Post
      I agree…TSU’s 8-2 > DU’s 7-2
      Davenport 20
      Truman st. 19

Game played at Truman[/QUOTE]
      Didn’t know that-now it makes sense

Comment

• Originally posted by GrifFan View Post

“Required Selection Criteria. Following confirmation of the availability of student-athletes for NCAA Championships and the application for any nullification, the following selection criteria shall be applied in no particular order:”

https://ncaaorg.s3.amazonaws.com/cha...ampsManual.pdf
        You are correct. By #1 i meant most common. Obviously there are alot of sports that don't have PI...there are quite a few that don't have SOS...but in-region wins/results is in almost every one...

...but you are 100% correct.

Comment

• Originally posted by NWFanatic View Post

Davenport 20
          Truman st. 19

Game played at Truman
          Didn’t know that-now it makes sense
          [/QUOTE]

Plus davenport beat SVSU which beat Indy by four scores so we may not know exactly how good davenport is, but it seems pretty clear they are better than the glvc teams

Comment

• I don't think there's any meaningful distinction between in-region and out-of-region games in the football selection process. This is the only sport where that's the case.

Comment

• I agree Ink. It's a stupid criteria for football anyway.

Comment

• Originally posted by Inkblot View Post
                I don't think there's any meaningful distinction between in-region and out-of-region games in the football selection process. This is the only sport where that's the case.
                It seems like they counted neighboring states as in region whether they were or not bitd.

Comment

• Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

It seems like they counted neighboring states as in region whether they were or not bitd.
                  I think neighboring states are in-region as defined.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brandon View Post

I think neighboring states are in-region as defined.
                    A lot can be said about the definition of in-region. Here's a Twitter thread I wrote a couple months ago:

Comment

• I would like to make a D2football.com official motion. I would like to make a new rule that the GLIAC and MIAA take week 12 off. The winners of the GAC and GLVC play each other with the winner slotting in as the 7th seed regardless of flights, distance erc. The GLIAC and MIAA each get 3 teams in.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wallst View Post
                        I would like to make a D2football.com official motion. I would like to make a new rule that the GLIAC and MIAA take week 12 off. The winners of the GAC and GLVC play each other with the winner slotting in as the 7th seed regardless of flights, distance erc. The GLIAC and MIAA each get 3 teams in.
                        Or the miaa and the gac could eliminate silo scheduling. It would pretty much have the same result. Had Davenport not scheduled and beat Truman st, northwest Missouri st would not have made the playoffs. A one loss Truman would be in instead. However last week a number of miaa fans whined about Davenport being a statistical lock for the playoffs. Davenport is why nw got in. Your invite only party hurts the quality of the d2 playoffs

Comment

• Originally posted by dvaara View Post

Or the miaa and the gac could eliminate silo scheduling. It would pretty much have the same result. Had Davenport not scheduled and beat Truman st, northwest Missouri st would not have made the playoffs. A one loss Truman would be in instead. However last week a number of miaa fans whined about Davenport being a statistical lock for the playoffs. Davenport is why nw got in. Your invite only party hurts the quality of the d2 playoffs
                          Your scenario points out exactly the opposite of your conclusion. Regionalization is what hurts the quality of the d2 playoffs. It always has. The counterbalance to that is the fact that they let so many teams in that it really doesn't matter.

Comment

• Saw this in the D2 Ticker newsletter...

MIAA Commissioner Racy expresses some frustration with the FB selection process with a number of top teams nationally housed in Region III: “For the MIAA on selection day to be worried about a second team into the playoffs, I think we can do better than that. I think there’s some things that we’re going to need to look at as a conference and that’s the way we schedule and I think there are things that need to be looked at nationally.” Broadly, Racy takes issue with the emphasis on strength of schedule over in-region record, continuing: “The GAC and the MIAA have close schedules, but we’ve built our membership around that. We value football. We value the sponsorship of football and we want our schools to have opponents in the region to play but the selection committee instead put a lot of weight on strength of schedule and that is a measuring tool that really penalizes our conference.” (link)

Comment

• Originally posted by Inkblot View Post
                              Saw this in the D2 Ticker newsletter...

MIAA Commissioner Racy expresses some frustration with the FB selection process with a number of top teams nationally housed in Region III: “For the MIAA on selection day to be worried about a second team into the playoffs, I think we can do better than that. I think there’s some things that we’re going to need to look at as a conference and that’s the way we schedule and I think there are things that need to be looked at nationally.” Broadly, Racy takes issue with the emphasis on strength of schedule over in-region record, continuing: “The GAC and the MIAA have close schedules, but we’ve built our membership around that. We value football. We value the sponsorship of football and we want our schools to have opponents in the region to play but the selection committee instead put a lot of weight on strength of schedule and that is a measuring tool that really penalizes our conference.” (link)
                              Then get on the phone to the presidents and A.D.'s to end silo scheduling. It really is that simple.

Go Hounds!
                              B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S
                              Cyclone Power
                              ERAU Eagles Soar

Comment

• Originally posted by CatFan88 View Post

Then get on the phone to the presidents and A.D.'s to end silo scheduling. It really is that simple.
                                Blaming the committee for something that's entirely selfish inflicted. What a terrible look for a grown ass man. I wanna make him go stand in the corner.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X