• Show
Clear All

• unk ain't that "against it" if they can't be bothered to show up
    Go Bearcats!
    M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

• Originally posted by northwest missouri state View Post
      unk ain't that "against it" if they can't be bothered to show up
      If I remember correctly, there was a medical emergency.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brandon View Post

Lincoln would have only been #6. Seven votes are needed.
        I see. I didn't realize it required more than a simple majority.

Comment

• Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

I see. I didn't realize it required more than a simple majority.
          Six is not a majority. Seven would have been. 6-6 vs. 7-5

Comment

Six is not a majority. Seven would have been. 6-6 vs. 7-5
            It would have been a 6-5, with one absent, which is a majority of those voting.

It's not a majority of total members. So it takes 7 to make a change, no matter who is present. That means abstention, or in this case absence, is a vote for no change, and not the removal of one from the equation. It can be set up either way.

Maybe I have the term wrong,, but simple majority is what they would have had.

True majority is what it would take.

Comment

• I haven’t read their bylaws, so I will trust that Brandon has. Seems weird though, that it takes an absolute majority, not a majority of those voting.

When we did parliamentary procedure, just needed 50% of those voting +1 to get something to pass. Same with our school board and such.

Comment

• Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

It would have been a 6-5, with one absent, which is a majority of those voting.

It's not a majority of total members. So it takes 7 to make a change, no matter who is present. That means abstention, or in this case absence, is a vote for no change, and not the removal of one from the equation. It can be set up either way.

Maybe I have the term wrong,, but simple majority is what they would have had.

True majority is what it would take.
                I believe the bylaws require all entities to vote. I remember a discussion being had about the bylaws needing to be changed. This is all from memory so it might be incorrect.

Comment

If I remember correctly, there was a medical emergency.
                  You are correct.

Comment

• I know it's not football but Lincoln beat a d1 basketball team this week university Missouri Kansas city

Comment

• Originally posted by MEAN GREEN MACHINE View Post
                      I know it's not football but Lincoln beat a d1 basketball team this week university Missouri Kansas city
                      D1 in classification only. Their wbb and mbb teams both took L's to MIAA teams. Middle of the pack teams at that.

Comment

• Originally posted by grlafxr View Post

D1 in classification only. Their wbb and mbb teams both took L's to MIAA teams. Middle of the pack teams at that.
                        All the more embarrassing that Mizzou lost to UMKC by double digits last year.

Comment

• 11 years on the board & that's what brought you out?!

no clue about the women but middle of the pack is quite generous for the men they finished dead last ly in the league.
                          Go Bearcats!
                          M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

• There is a definite movement to question the value of a college education out there. And it has a valid arguments. Most degrees are not giving the value per debt required for it. Plus right now the schools are hurting. We are smack dab in middle of a five year population dip in people of college age who can attend schools. It was going to affect the 20-25 school years. There are almost five million less kids in the 20-25 age range compared to age range above And throw in other factors like the general distaste people have for values being taught, the perceived value of the quality of the education recurved, plus covid impact on people it is not going to be easy for them. You will see people think that x move to online education but what I'm seeing in mid grades atsecondary level is an absolute disdain for online education developing.

Comment

• I don't know what will come out of it but I don't know administrators we're talking and having meetings about the population dip before covid came .

Comment

• Originally posted by northwest missouri state View Post
                                11 years on the board & that's what brought you out?!

no clue about the women but middle of the pack is quite generous for the men they finished dead last ly in the league.
                                I like reading what you couch burners have to say about MIAA football... but I'm not entertained by someone getting excited about MIAA basketball beating up on the 'roos. Most MIAA basketball schools would fare well against them if they were d2, where they belong.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X