Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by northwest missouri state View Post
    11 years on the board & that's what brought you out?!

no clue about the women but middle of the pack is quite generous for the men they finished dead last ly in the league.
    Last season they finished tied for last, not dead last, but in the previous 6 season they finished no better than 5th and no worse than 9th out of 14 teams. Sounds pretty "middle of the road" to me. Does one bad year undo 6 years of "middle of the road" status?

Comment

• Originally posted by Randy View Post

Last season they finished tied for last, not dead last, but in the previous 6 season they finished no better than 5th and no worse than 9th out of 14 teams. Sounds pretty "middle of the road" to me. Does one bad year undo 6 years of "middle of the road" status?
      i think you’re just splitting hairs unnecessarily with the tied stuff

as for the rest of it while i def see what you’re saying ly’s results provide the closest possible snapshot as to the qual of team they lost to

although with the portal it could be a complete overhaul (?)

but really that’s too deep in the weeds for casual commentary re: a nov upset of a program that’s been atrocious-meh since its inception
      Go Bearcats!
      M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

• Might be legs to Lincoln moving…….

Comment

• Originally posted by IfYouAintLope View Post
          Might be legs to Lincoln moving…….
          Please expound

Comment

• Originally posted by IfYouAintLope View Post
            Might be legs to Lincoln moving…….
            What does this post mean? It's over my head.

Comment

• Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

What does this post mean? It's over my head.
              They are trying to get full-membership into the GLVC. Not sure they fit that league's by laws (i.e. lack of baseball) but the GLVC needs football members so they could overlook that.

Comment

• It's official!

Lincoln to Leave MIAA After 43 years - https://themiaa.com/news/2023/1/26/g...-43-years.aspx

Comment

• Best for both parties with Lincoln leaving the MIAA. Now either the MIAA has to get a lot more creative with expansion or someone will leave in time (UCO to FCS?). Or are we able to stay as is and be able to play a nonconference game?

I know so many of us just want to find a way to get rid of the SILO schedule for football. Then what direction does the MIAA go now? I know there was another thread with this discussion as well.
                  Last edited by BartonHornet; 01-26-2023, 03:15 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Try II View Post

They are trying to get full-membership into the GLVC. Not sure they fit that league's by laws (i.e. lack of baseball) but the GLVC needs football members so they could overlook that.
                    The GLVC release says Lincoln will add baseball and men's & women's soccer.

Comment

• Heard it here first. Lincoln will be playoff bound fall 2025.

Comment

• They aren't leaving until after this year, so they have a year to get right. They'll have to bring someone in fairly quickly.

Comment

• Lincoln played baseball up until maybe 8 - 10 years ago. As for men's and women's soccer, I don't think that they have ever played those sports so getting things in line will be tough. Regardless, they will stink in all three of those sports along with football.

Comment

• Originally posted by GorillaTeacher View Post
                            Heard it here first. Lincoln will be playoff bound fall 2025.
                            They went 3-35 during their time in the GLVC from 2014-2018, so sure. What kind of odds you want to lay and I’ll take them?

Comment

• Per the Jefferson City paper:
                              It was also announced Lincoln will not play an MIAA football schedule this fall, but may play MIAA teams as a non-conference opponent. Lincoln is in the process of finalizing its revised football schedule, with an eye toward adding fellow Historically Black Colleges and Universities.

Comment

• Originally posted by Inkblot View Post
                                Per the Jefferson City paper:
                                It was also announced Lincoln will not play an MIAA football schedule this fall, but may play MIAA teams as a non-conference opponent. Lincoln is in the process of finalizing its revised football schedule, with an eye toward adding fellow Historically Black Colleges and Universities.
                                So anyone that plays Lincoln from MIAA it's now a non-conference game? Doesn't that break the silo scheduling schtick, and if so can a MIAA team replace them as an opponent with another non-MIAA regional team?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X