Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by the Northeasterner View Post
    Nsu will either look for a money game or a garunted win at start of season. If we win a ooc game does it not help the conf PO chances ? If Lincoln plays a money game does it not help them finance their athletics. Why is is Lincoln even back in Miaa ? Because Truman, sw Baptist, and MSST all went to greener pastures where they can actually win and support their athletic mission . But go ahead dismiss it and watch nwmo miss the playoffs to Truman .
    If Northwest misses the playoffs it will be because they lose to ESU in the final week. :)

Comment

Originally posted by Hornetfan View Post

If Northwest misses the playoffs it will be because they lose to ESU in the final week. :)
      Truth.

Comment

Originally posted by Hornetfan View Post

Beat me to it!

Comment

And if nw wins them both of you will probably miss the PO

Comment

I don't really know how much SILO affects attendance. The schedules are stale and boring when you see the same 11 programs and only those teams. Even high school teams schedule different programs every two years, sometimes even out of area. SILO just makes some D2 conferences have less of an NCAA feel and more like middle school conference model.

As has been mentioned the lack of OOC games eliminates the process of teams scheduling to fit their needs. What is really the issue some have with the cellar dwellers going after the money games or an easy win? If they want to do what they feel can build their programs in their own image how is that a bad thing?

I am certain that NSU would likely get higher attendance playing an early OOC game against an ECU than they would a conference game vs. UCM for the simple reason that more visiting fans are likely attend. UNK would do better with Wayne State coming in.

Just imagine if NW could play Truman and eliminate them from PO contention. LU could play an HBCU classic or their paycheck game, it would at least get more eyeballs on the conference, even if for that day. Langston vs LU is a game that intrigues me.

If the MIAA wants to stay at 12 switching LU for LU would be a fun move.
            Go Bronchos!

Comment

I am trying to edit my earlier comment to say that I I don't know for sure but think think SILO negatively affects attendance and that OOC teams are likelier to have visiting fans.
              Go Bronchos!

Comment

i also heard that silo proponents were involved in the assassination of jfk.
                Go Bearcats!
                M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

Originally posted by northwest missouri state View Post
                  i also heard that silo proponents were involved in the assassination of jfk.
                  also the death of christ, most animal extinctions, every genocide in history, drug addiction, building the death star, the decimation of everything pure or good in the universe, and autocorrect.

Comment

b/c they aren't very good, which is the result of some combination of coaching/commitment.

not b/c they couldn't sched panhandle st ooc.

just b/c you find an anecdotal ex or 2 doesn't mean it's actually a thing.
                    really. so, you've never heard recruiting stories from ESPN etc. on kids changing their commitments based on who they beat or could not beat the week before. if you think it doesn't happen at the d2 level, you're out of touch. i have ACTUALLY heard kids in this region say they would rather play for SNU (very close to my house) than Tahlequah because they at least have a chance to win a ball game. do they know much if anything about the MIAA? id say no. all they know is NSU is getting an *ss raping every week. no recruiting targets think NSU is even close to competing. If recruits saw the school beating East Popcorn State or Reloads mother's alma mater, blow job poly tech, and come out with at least 3 or 4 wins a season, they could get behind some of the ass whooping's they take in the MIAA. at least it LOOKS like the school is trying to win. Add to that, NSU has hired 3 head coaches since MY oldest was first recruited by NSU. so, not only are they not winning, but the HCs aren't staying around. the Coach that was recruiting my oldest was lattimer and he quit a coordinator job at NSU to take a position coach job at Pitt St. the first chance he got.

these are 18-year-old football recruits they aren't f*cking Rhodes scholars. try to look at it from their point of view.
                    Last edited by jimbo slice; 10-30-2022, 10:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by the Northeasterner View Post
                      And if nw wins them both of you will probably miss the PO
                      You are correct. For the MIAA to get two teams in either ESU or NWMSU needs to win out. There is no way a three loss team should make the playoffs out of this region in the current set up. But a two loss MIAA team should make it.
                      My only question is would UCO losing their last two games help or hurt? The overall SOS would not change but it would improve both teams records against teams above .500

Comment

Originally posted by jimbo slice View Post

really. so, you've never heard recruiting stories from ESPN etc. on kids changing their commitments based on who they beat or could not beat the week before. if you think it doesn't happen at the d2 level, you're out of touch. i have ACTUALLY heard kids in this region say they would rather play for SNU (very close to my house) than Tahlequah because they at least have a chance to win a ball game. do they know much if anything about the MIAA? id say no. all they know is NSU is getting an *ss raping every week. no recruiting targets think NSU is even close to competing. If recruits saw the school beating East Popcorn State or Reloads mother's alma mater, blow job poly tech, and come out with at least 3 or 4 wins a season, they could get behind some of the ass whooping's they take in the MIAA. at least it LOOKS like the school is trying to win. Add to that, NSU has hired 3 head coaches since MY oldest was first recruited by NSU. so, not only are they not winning, but the HCs aren't staying around. the Coach that was recruiting my oldest was lattimer and he quit a coordinator job at NSU to take a position coach job at Pitt St. the first chance he got.

these are 18-year-old football recruits they aren't f*cking Rhodes scholars. try to look at it from their point of view.
                        i've heard of recruits making college decisions b/c of a whole host of reasons that are nothing more than anecdotes that people sometimes try to extrapolate into larger narratives that don't have a hill of beans to do with how college programs should or shouldn't be run.

which is what you're doing here along with conflating the importance of winning & its impact on recruiting which is obviously (lol) real with silo scheduling which isn't as it pertains to recruiting.

silo scheduling sucks. it sucks b/c it's boring. it's also bad for the sport b/c it makes it impossible to compare leagues & leaves you guessing come playoff time relying on history & eyeballs. it doesn't get any deeper than that.

it has nothing to do with why northeastern state, lincoln, or any of the other scabs stink. their problems like every school that doesn't win can be grouped loosely under one of two umbrellas, coaching &/or commitment & then parsed out from there to whatever extent you want to do it.
                        Go Bearcats!
                        M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

also the death of christ, most animal extinctions, every genocide in history, drug addiction, building the death star, the decimation of everything pure or good in the universe, and autocorrect.
                          ya....i mean idk once again you're correct.
                          Go Bearcats!
                          M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

i've heard of recruits making college decisions b/c of a whole host of reasons that are nothing more than anecdotes that people sometimes try to extrapolate into larger narratives that don't have a hill of beans to do with how college programs should or shouldn't be run.

which is what you're doing here along with conflating the importance of winning & its impact on recruiting which is obviously (lol) real with silo scheduling which isn't as it pertains to recruiting.

silo scheduling sucks. it sucks b/c it's boring. it's also bad for the sport b/c it makes it impossible to compare leagues & leaves you guessing come playoff time relying on history & eyeballs. it doesn't get any deeper than that.

it has nothing to do with why northeastern state, lincoln, or any of the other scabs stink. their problems like every school that doesn't win can be grouped loosely under one of two umbrellas, coaching &/or commitment & then parsed out from there to whatever extent you want to do it.
                            ok. well, i guess it's easy for you to make those decisions based on whatever experience you have. As a football coach AND parent having been part of the recruiting process for the last 10 years, i can tell you, NSU would be middle of the road maybe middle 3rd in the GAC. In the MIAA, we know where they are firmly planted and where they were before Lincoln was added. I know absolutely nothing about Lincoln. I'm simply talking about how NSU is doing and what they would do in the GAC. been on recruiting trips to nearly every one of those GAC schools. If NSU was able to add a few GAC schools to their schedule, where they could win head-to-head, recruiting would start to get a little easier.

Comment

Originally posted by jimbo slice View Post

ok. well, i guess it's easy for you to make those decisions based on whatever experience you have. As a football coach AND parent having been part of the recruiting process for the last 10 years, i can tell you, NSU would be middle of the road maybe middle 3rd in the GAC. In the MIAA, we know where they are firmly planted and where they were before Lincoln was added. I know absolutely nothing about Lincoln. I'm simply talking about how NSU is doing and what they would do in the GAC. been on recruiting trips to nearly every one of those GAC schools. If NSU was able to add a few GAC schools to their schedule, where they could win head-to-head, recruiting would start to get a little easier.
                              you're talking about them playing necessarily in a completely different league. that is a different issue. & yes clearly they could turn in a better record in a lesser league due to comp. any school necessarily could that isn't undefeated per se.

it didn't make lindenwood any better in actuality, just inflated their record b/c the other things that matter stayed the same. same with truman. idk what sbu & rolla are up to....lost track at some point but we haven't run into them in the playoffs so it ain't that hard to fig out.

regardless none of that is really related to silo scheduling which as you know is the topic of this thread.
                              Last edited by northwest missouri state; 10-30-2022, 11:42 AM.
                              Go Bearcats!
                              M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

If you remember we came into miaaon a building up cycle . We had played as an independent ant went 6-5 whike taking two paycheck games and got miaa bud to mineral water bowl. Then next year sched. Was just a murder. We played. Pitt moso ( years they were good running option,). Then nw, Washburn, emporia, and I forget other two as lol the as Ms with winniNg records and most ranked then be we upset ucm before we we won against UCO,swbspt, and I think lincoln. Talk about a momentum killer. Rest of new guys had sched that gave them some ease in. And soon after it was silo. Getting Lincoln win on homecoming was huge for team morale. I went and talked to an ex student who is on team. It was such a relief for them. But I do want to point out that nsu I'd playing a lot better this season . They scared crap out of western and had washburn on ropes yesterday I know they are still losses. But on a team dominated by sophmores we will see how season ends. I think a 2 win season with a bunch of close games is progress . Jimboslice. The one thing nsu has not done is been impatient with coaches. Each one got five years since Tom eckart retired it's been four HC in twenty years. That is not impatient. Now they cannot afford a huge staff and has way to many graduate assistants for sure Do I think NSU should be in Miaa probably not. Nsu. And honestly UCO and as any ok school we I'll never get the level of alum support that schools in Missouri in Kansas gets.( UCO does good because they have positioned themselves very well as OKC state school and just got really big) That's burden of having 3 fbs schools in the state and those schools being so successful. But whether GAC is right fight or not I don't know. I know Lonestar never was the right fit and travel from tahlequah was brutal . But GAC won't take us unless we come with a partner. And I will let you in a little secret. Moso looked informally into going GAC . But I think that the silo kills us. We could get a lot done with one non conf. And I truly believe it would help the whole conference. Conditions are not same as they were ten years ago.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X