Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kearney. I think that’s a brilliant counterpoint to all of this.

Comment

Originally posted by GorillaTeacher View Post
      Kearney. I think that’s a brilliant counterpoint to all of this.
      Originally posted by the Northeasterner View Post
      If you remember we came into miaaon a building up cycle . We had played as an independent ant went 6-5 whike taking two paycheck games and got miaa bud to mineral water bowl. Then next year sched. Was just a murder. We played. Pitt moso ( years they were good running option,). Then nw, Washburn, emporia, and I forget other two as lol the as Ms with winniNg records and most ranked then be we upset ucm before we we won against UCO,swbspt, and I think lincoln. Talk about a momentum killer. Rest of new guys had sched that gave them some ease in. And soon after it was silo. Getting Lincoln win on homecoming was huge for team morale. I went and talked to an ex student who is on team. It was such a relief for them. But I do want to point out that nsu I'd playing a lot better this season . They scared crap out of western and had washburn on ropes yesterday I know they are still losses. But on a team dominated by sophmores we will see how season ends. I think a 2 win season with a bunch of close games is progress . Jimboslice. The one thing nsu has not done is been impatient with coaches. Each one got five years since Tom eckart retired it's been four HC in twenty years. That is not impatient. Now they cannot afford a huge staff and has way to many graduate assistants for sure Do I think NSU should be in Miaa probably not. Nsu. And honestly UCO and as any ok school we I'll never get the level of alum support that schools in Missouri in Kansas gets.( UCO does good because they have positioned themselves very well as OKC state school and just got really big) That's burden of having 3 fbs schools in the state and those schools being so successful. But whether GAC is right fight or not I don't know. I know Lonestar never was the right fit and travel from tahlequah was brutal . But GAC won't take us unless we come with a partner. And I will let you in a little secret. Moso looked informally into going GAC . But I think that the silo kills us. We could get a lot done with one non conf. And I truly believe it would help the whole conference. Conditions are not same as they were ten years ago.
      not just kearney
      central oklahoma
      washburn
      pitt st
      emporia st

i think it's also why we haven't had a qb in 1/2 a decade.

disregard it all & play the victim from smack dab in the middle of fantasy land.

if only we could beat up on bacone. all would be well. what? they don't have a team? blame silo for that as well.
      Go Bearcats!
      M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

If you remember we came into miaaon a building up cycle . We had played as an independent ant went 6-5 whike taking two paycheck games and got miaa bud to mineral water bowl. Then next year sched. Was just a murder. We played. Pitt moso ( years they were good running option,). Then nw, Washburn, emporia, and I forget other two as lol the as Ms with winniNg records and most ranked then be we upset ucm before we we won against UCO,swbspt, and I think lincoln. Talk about a momentum killer. Rest of new guys had sched that gave them some ease in. And soon after it was silo. Getting Lincoln win on homecoming was huge for team morale. I went and talked to an ex student who is on team. It was such a relief for them. But I do want to point out that nsu I'd playing a lot better this season . They scared crap out of western and had washburn on ropes yesterday I know they are still losses. But on a team dominated by sophmores we will see how season ends. I think a 2 win season with a bunch of close games is progress . Jimboslice. The one thing nsu has not done is been impatient with coaches. Each one got five years since Tom eckart retired it's been four HC in twenty years. That is not impatient. Now they cannot afford a huge staff and has way to many graduate assistants for sure Do I think NSU should be in Miaa probably not. Nsu. And honestly UCO and as any ok school we I'll never get the level of alum support that schools in Missouri in Kansas gets.( UCO does good because they have positioned themselves very well as OKC state school and just got really big) That's burden of having 3 fbs schools in the state and those schools being so successful. But whether GAC is right fight or not I don't know. I know Lonestar never was the right fit and travel from tahlequah was brutal . But GAC won't take us unless we come with a partner. And I will let you in a little secret. Moso looked informally into going GAC . But I think that the silo kills us. We could get a lot done with one non conf. And I truly believe it would help the whole conference. Conditions are not same as they were ten years ago.
        I'm 100% against the silo, but it is in no way responsible for NSU refusing to do what's needed to win.

UNK came in with the same results and the same excuses that you are using for NSU. Eventually they decided, at the administrative level, to start doing what it took instead of making excuses.

There are a hundred reasons why silo scheduling sucks, but it's definitely not going to make the NSU administration start doing the right thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

I'm 100% against the silo, but it is in no way responsible for NSU refusing to do what's needed to win.

UNK came in with the same results and the same excuses that you are using for NSU. Eventually they decided, at the administrative level, to start doing what it took instead of making excuses.

There are a hundred reasons why silo scheduling sucks, but it's definitely not going to make the NSU administration start doing the right thing.
          Good point on UNK commitment/fundraising. Plus, Lynn has proven to be a good fit for Kearney's situation.

Loper Football Scholarship History
          2020 (34.00)
          2019 (33.00)
          2018 (33.00)
          2017 (32.16)
          2016 (29.60)
          2015 (25.72)
          2014 (23.00)
          2013 (24.26)
          2012 (20.77)

Comment

Originally posted by loper legionnaire View Post

Good point on UNK commitment/fundraising. Plus, Lynn has proven to be a good fit for Kearney's situation.

2020 (34.00)
            2019 (33.00)
            2018 (33.00)
            2017 (32.16)
            2016 (29.60)
            2015 (25.72)
            2014 (23.00)
            2013 (24.26)
            2012 (20.77)
            so youre saying 29 scholarships were all offered to out of state players in 2016? cuz who the hell would want to go play football in the middle of nebraska for a D2 school for free?

i saw a bunch of AZ players and a bunch of Fla players. what i DIDNT see was a bunch of MIZ players or Kansas. why? because theyve watched NK get that ass whipped for the last umpeen years by the rest of the MIAA without much sucess....

Comment

PP but you got to be able to put a sustainable winning program together. The other four that came in had much better sched to start off. Playing each other and Truman. . But that's ancient history . We want football to be good enough to drive alumni support. That's the reason to have football, it's your schools front door that drives students, parents ,and alumni to enhance thier collegiate experience . I've been at nsu when they were a nationaly competitive program. And it made whole university pop.

Comment

Originally posted by jimbo slice View Post

so youre saying 29 scholarships were all offered to out of state players in 2016? cuz who the hell would want to go play football in the middle of nebraska for a D2 school for free?

i saw a bunch of AZ players and a bunch of Fla players. what i DIDNT see was a bunch of MIZ players or Kansas. why? because theyve watched NK get that ass whipped for the last umpeen years by the rest of the MIAA without much sucess....
                It doesn’t matter. You have to be able to get those kids no matter where they are. So many schools are waving out of state tuition or simply reducing it to attract kids from all over the country, and it shows in sports as well, so their scholarship money stretches further.

Do the okie schools offer that? Is NSU offering that if it’s allowed?

Comment

Last time I looked thier we're out of state waivers for a few states like Ark for sure since we are not far from there . But not sure of others. In past a lot of Texas kids were recruited but jjeckart is rebuilding with Oklahoma kids. Coaching change at UCO drove a few kids our way I know for sure

Comment

Slightly different note. Rumor is upper Iowa is considering move to glvc from nsic

Comment

Undergraduate eligible states include:Missouri, Arkansas, Oklahoma, Texas, and Tennessee residents. Starting is Fall 2021: Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Nebraska, Nevada, New Mexico, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, West Virginia, Wisconsin.

these are Pitt’s.

Comment

Originally posted by loper legionnaire View Post

2020 (34.00)
                        2019 (33.00)
                        2018 (33.00)
                        2017 (32.16)
                        2016 (29.60)
                        2015 (25.72)
                        2014 (23.00)
                        2013 (24.26)
                        2012 (20.77)
                        These are your equivalencies right?
                        There can be a lot of differences between what a school can offer and how that applies to NCAA equivalenices. It's why I say being a D2 football coach is harder than being a salary cap manager in the NFL.

Comment

PP but you got to be able to put a sustainable winning program together. The other four that came in had much better sched to start off. Playing each other and Truman. . But that's ancient history . We want football to be good enough to drive alumni support. That's the reason to have football, it's your schools front door that drives students, parents ,and alumni to enhance thier collegiate experience . I've been at nsu when they were a nationaly competitive program. And it made whole university pop.
                          I agree on most of that, but you seem to think that happens by playing against scrubs and racking up a couple of easy wins..

In reality, it takes commitment and money at the University level. That is literally the only way to do it.

As an aside, I think Kearney came in with UNO, who had been spitting out nationally competitive teams since the late 80's or early 90s.

Comment

Originally posted by Hornetfan View Post

These are your equivalencies right?
                            There can be a lot of differences between what a school can offer and how that applies to NCAA equivalenices. It's why I say being a D2 football coach is harder than being a salary cap manager in the NFL.
                            Not sure on the exact details. I just pulled the numbers from this article: https://lopers.com/news/2021/4/23/fo...ckers-yet.aspx

Comment

No PP. Unk UCO lindenwood and nsuball came in together. We all thought it was going to be split into divisions. But then there was tons of posts about not having a real conference champion. Next thing you know. SW and Lincoln get to play football in glvc . Then. Truman bails. Sw follows. And Lincoln is back in .

Comment

Originally posted by jimbo slice View Post

cuz who the hell would want to go play football in the middle of nebraska for a D2 school for free?
                                I hate this, sure kearney isn’t Oklahoma City, but it’s way better then some of the speed bump city’s in the conference like Maryville and pittsburg

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X