Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• True Brandon it would expose you to that. But I think we can go with the theory that most of MIAA bottom teams would do well against GAC in an alliance ooc model. I am sure nsu would beat nwosu or ok baptist

Comment

• Originally posted by the Northeasterner View Post
      True Brandon it would expose you to that. But I think we can go with the theory that most of MIAA bottom teams would do well against GAC in an alliance ooc model. I am sure nsu would beat nwosu or ok baptist
      That is what I meant when I talked about mitigation.

Comment

• Scheduling alliances like that just become a bigger silo, don't they?

Whichever conference is weaker would have every incentive not to do that.

Comment

• May be a bigger silo, but everyone doesn't play everyone. More data is a more data after all.

Comment

• Originally posted by GorillaTeacher View Post
            May be a bigger silo, but everyone doesn't play everyone. More data is a more data after all.
            Sure, but if the GAC truly is weaker top to bottom, what incentive would they have to hurt themselves.

Comment

• Won’t know for sure until they start playing each other more regularly.

Comment

• Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
                Scheduling alliances like that just become a bigger silo, don't they?

Whichever conference is weaker would have every incentive not to do that.
                I was thinking the same thing. It only determines who's more qualified for the post-season between the 2 conferences. It doesn't give you any better comparison to the other conferences in the region.

Go Hounds!
                B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S
                Cyclone Power
                ERAU Eagles Soar

Comment

• How many conferences are needed?

Comment

• Right now the gac is in the best position. The top end have built a solid reputation of good football and chase PO. The bottom get a low budget front door for their university. And there is enough parity in middle that middle and bottom interchange . Nsic is pretty close to same as I think is psac. It's the miaa I think is too loaded and silo just eats us up. If somebody in conf goes 11-0. More than likely some one else goes 0-11 The sec is loaded so that why they don't go to 9 conf games. Then get four non conf to build up resume steal 2 conf and boom bowl eligibility. Everybody profits. What did they get last year ten or 11 bowl invites. I like idea of alliance but GAC won't do it unless MIAA drops silo first

Comment

• In my opinion

Comment

Right now the gac is in the best position. The top end have built a solid reputation of good football and chase PO. The bottom get a low budget front door for their university. And there is enough parity in middle that middle and bottom interchange . Nsic is pretty close to same as I think is psac. It's the miaa I think is too loaded and silo just eats us up. If somebody in conf goes 11-0. More than likely some one else goes 0-11 The sec is loaded so that why they don't go to 9 conf games. Then get four non conf to build up resume steal 2 conf and boom bowl eligibility. Everybody profits. What did they get last year ten or 11 bowl invites. I like idea of alliance but GAC won't do it unless MIAA drops silo first
                        The MIAA is tough aside from the bottom 2, and most of us would prefer to dump those 2 and replace them with teams who choose to compete. Having tomato cans like that in the league is bad for the conference. Nobody likes watching a mismatch or seeing donated dollars going to waste to fund games against schools who flat refuse to try. Having a bunch of thosebteams doesn't put anyone in the conference in a good position.

Comment

• I get that PP but no matter what you do this conf will continue to cause two schools to get pushed down to bottom as it has over last twenty years. Let's find some common ground here. What is the bare minimum of a football record a school can handle and still get financial support of it's stakeholders . 4 wins ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

The MIAA is tough aside from the bottom 2, and most of us would prefer to dump those 2 and replace them with teams who choose to compete. Having tomato cans like that in the league is bad for the conference. Nobody likes watching a mismatch or seeing donated dollars going to waste to fund games against schools who flat refuse to try. Having a bunch of thosebteams doesn't put anyone in the conference in a good position.
                            Don't speak for me. ;) I'd limit any conference to 10 teams unless the members agreed to divisions.

Comment

Right now the gac is in the best position. The top end have built a solid reputation of good football and chase PO. The bottom get a low budget front door for their university. And there is enough parity in middle that middle and bottom interchange . Nsic is pretty close to same as I think is psac. It's the miaa I think is too loaded and silo just eats us up. If somebody in conf goes 11-0. More than likely some one else goes 0-11 The sec is loaded so that why they don't go to 9 conf games. Then get four non conf to build up resume steal 2 conf and boom bowl eligibility. Everybody profits. What did they get last year ten or 11 bowl invites. I like idea of alliance but GAC won't do it unless MIAA drops silo first
                              This topic falls in line with a thread I started a few weeks ago in the GAC forum. I related how an alliance between MIAA and GAC schools would involve less travel distance than some of the current distances within the same conference. Also being able to go into the LSC or GSC for some of the GAC schools would involve less travel and MIAA schools would also reach schools in others states and travel less distance than within the MIAA. Go see the thread and provide some thought. The thread is called "Travel Distance Reasons to Forget Silo Conference Scheduling."

It would take both the MIAA and GAC administrations to work together before anything could emerge. Somewhere in this forum there was a statement that MIAA AD's have in the past discussed moving from silo but the main supporters were not able to attend and vote but might it be a topic this next meeting of the minds?

What will it take to get the AD's to start talking among themselves? If travel was a concern/reason

Comment

I get that PP but no matter what you do this conf will continue to cause two schools to get pushed down to bottom as it has over last twenty years. Let's find some common ground here. What is the bare minimum of a football record a school can handle and still get financial support of it's stakeholders . 4 wins ?
                                If you are trying to sell 4 wins as a good thing, I don't think you'll get many buyers. You are better off selling what could be, imo.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X