Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is it going to take

I was down in Jefferson City on Saturday for the Loper game. What is it going to take to get Lincoln out of the league for football? No offense to those guys and I know they are trying but it just makes no sense. Of course it was great for UNK to basically have a week off and get some younger players some playing time, but it is just sad! A non conference game against a viable opponent would make a lot more sense.

The only thing that’s going to get Lincoln out of conference is going to have to be a situation like with Lindenwood wanting to come in.

Otherwise, lincoln is here to stay.

Comment

Originally posted by GorillaTeacher View Post
      The only thing that’s going to get Lincoln out of conference is going to have to be a situation like with Lindenwood wanting to come in.

Otherwise, lincoln is here to stay.
      That sucks!! LOL

Comment

Still to this day it irks me some that Truman State left the MIAA. I sort of understand why they did so but it still made things less than ideal for the MIAA in the long run.

Comment

Originally posted by BartonHornet View Post
          Still to this day it irks me some that Truman State left the MIAA. I sort of understand why they did so but it still made things less than ideal for the MIAA in the long run.
          As an alum who played back in the MIAA days, it did to me at first as well, but then it became very clear that the MIAA was moving into markets and areas that didn’t suit Truman at all - adding lengthy, lengthy trips from far northeast Missouri to central Oklahoma, western Kansas, and central Nebraska, when, on the flip side, they could add multiple trips to St. Louis, Kansas City and central Illinois/Chicago where they have a larger alumni base and primarily were recruiting. It was a no-brainer.

Comment

I guess Lincoln hasn't had a winning football season since 1972 (I know they didn't field a team for a few years) .They cannot support a D2 football program in any fashion ... need to drop the sport and put their very limited funding into other sports. Also, drop to NAIA or whatever is below the NAIA.

Comment

idk what they can or cannot do i just know what they haven't done & that they aren't committed.
              the only thing that gets lincoln out of this league is them leaving on their own accord.
              nothing more or less.
              Go Bearcats!
              M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

They don't fund very many scholarships. Seems like I read on here in the past that they only funded about half of the allowed 36 scholarships. They are not really trying in football. I guess we could all just refuse to buy tickets when they come to our place to play.

Comment

Originally posted by Jungle Jim View Post
                  They don't fund very many scholarships. Seems like I read on here in the past that they only funded about half of the allowed 36 scholarships. They are not really trying in football. I guess we could all just refuse to buy tickets when they come to our place to play.
                  I've been doing that for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by Jungle Jim View Post
                    Or make a conference rule that all members have to fully fund the 36 schollies. I know when UNK joined from the RMAC they weren’t at the 36 limit- but I believe that they are now. Are there other schools that aren’t there? NSU maybe?
                    Help out D2football.com - click on an ad

Comment

Just for football? Or fully fund all athletics sponsored? I can’t see them adding a fully funded scholarship rule that would be a de facto expulsion, if they don’t have the stomach to actually expel them.

Do we think all of the schools are fully funded, even Fort hays and Moso NSU?

Comment

Just for football? Or fully fund all athletics sponsored? I can’t see them adding a fully funded scholarship rule that would be a de facto expulsion, if they don’t have the stomach to actually expel them.

Hays isn't hurting for money.

Comment

Originally posted by northwest missouri state View Post
                          the only thing that gets lincoln out of this league is them leaving on their own accord.
                          nothing more or less.
                          This is the answer.

Comment

Fort Hays is perfectly fine in the money department.

Comment

MOSO is fully funded in every sport.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X