Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DawgUp View Post

So anyone that plays Lincoln from MIAA it's now a non-conference game? Doesn't that break the silo scheduling schtick, and if so can a MIAA team replace them as an opponent with another non-MIAA regional team?
    Oh, would you look at that. Suddenly Pitt, Emporia, NWMSU and Kearney will all have open dates. Coincidence, I’m sure.

I would not be upset if our home game this year with Lincoln was one they cut.

Comment

• Originally posted by GorillaTeacher View Post

Oh, would you look at that. Suddenly Pitt, Emporia, NWMSU and Kearney will all have open dates. Coincidence, I’m sure.

I would not be upset if our home game this year with Lincoln was one they cut.

I hope the miaa splits into divisions for the season, so they can schedule noncons the first 2 weeks and nobody has to play Lincoln.

Comment

• I would doubt that would happen. Likeliest of scenarios, Lincoln cuts the majority of their road MIAA games, schedules glvc games where they can. Whoever gets cut is just going to have 1 less game scheduled and are on their own to fill the date. Same amount of conference games and everyone still plays everyone.

Comment

I would doubt that would happen. Likeliest of scenarios, Lincoln cuts the majority of their road MIAA games, schedules glvc games where they can. Whoever gets cut is just going to have 1 less game scheduled and are on their own to fill the date. Same amount of conference games and everyone still plays everyone.
          99% likely in 2023.

Not a long term solution.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brandon View Post

99% likely in 2023.

Not a long term solution.
            Undoubtedly.

Comment

• Further more, whoever still has lincoln, likely gets a SOS handicap this season for playoffs. That sucks. Although, I am quite sure that the silo schedule handicaps our overall SOS. Most of the playoff teams seemed to have a higher SOS than silo teams.

Comment

• I just don't understand why the league would allow them to stay for one more year but then not fulfill their schedule obligations. If they don't want to play the schedule then send them to the GLVC before the 23-24 season begins. GLVC doesn't want them yet? Not our problem.

Comment

Further more, whoever still has lincoln, likely gets a SOS handicap this season for playoffs. That sucks. Although, I am quite sure that the silo schedule handicaps our overall SOS. Most of the playoff teams seemed to have a higher SOS than silo teams.
                  Lincoln is not playing an MIAA schedule in 2023.

Comment

• Originally posted by NWHoops View Post
                    I just don't understand why the league would allow them to stay for one more year but then not fulfill their schedule obligations. If they don't want to play the schedule then send them to the GLVC before the 23-24 season begins. GLVC doesn't want them yet? Not our problem.
                    This is my analysis.

Football is special. Everyone recognizes this.

Because they're leaving, Lincoln holds the most powerful position. The athletic directors likely don't want to have to fill Lincoln's spot in basketball, baseball, softball, etc.

I think that's why they let this slide.

Comment

• They could play MIAA teams as non-con, right? I am sure there would likely be some teams that would be okay keeping them on the schedule especially schools wanting to keep a home game. I can't imagine filling an entirely new schedule so late would be an even remotely easy task. Maybe between the GLVC open dates and HBCUs having open dates, they could fill them all. I don't understand why the "delay" in the seasons, though.

Comment

They could play MIAA teams as non-con, right?.
                        Right

Comment

• Originally posted by Brandon View Post

This is my analysis.

Football is special. Everyone recognizes this.

Because they're leaving, Lincoln holds the most powerful position. The athletic directors likely don't want to have to fill Lincoln's spot in basketball, baseball, softball, etc.

I think that's why they let this slide.
                          But scheduling for FB is more difficult than any of the other sports. You can play a non-con basketball game in January/February fairly easily. Same with other sports scheduling non-cons during conference season. Plus other sports are playing multiple times per week so a missed game is not as big a deal as a complete week off in FB. After the first 2 weeks or so of FB, finding non-con opponents is very difficult. They don't want to play the FB schedule then boot them and other teams can find fill-in opponents for other sports. Why help them fill their other sports when they are not helping the league with the FB schedule?

Can't believe as the 'hoops" guy, I'm the only one who would feel that way or see that perspective.

Comment

• I don't think anyone here would think letting them cancel football schedule is best course. Their one or two matchups in any other season is hardly as meaningful as an eleventh of one teams schedule. I think DII ADs are about making their own job as easy as possible. So they let them. Filling in one game if the school chooses isnt as collectively difficult as filling 2 or 3 dates in nearly every other sport.

Personally, I'd tell em to kick rocks. Those games don't matter as much in the seasons with 30+ contests. We saw what happened with the Bills didn't have the same amount of games but the same # of losses as the chiefs when it came to playoff seeding.

Comment

I don't think anyone here would think letting them cancel football schedule is best course. Their one or two matchups in any other season is hardly as meaningful as an eleventh of one teams schedule. I think DII ADs are about making their own job as easy as possible. So they let them. Filling in one game if the school chooses isnt as collectively difficult as filling 2 or 3 dates in nearly every other sport.

Personally, I'd tell em to kick rocks. Those games don't matter as much in the seasons with 30+ contests. We saw what happened with the Bills didn't have the same amount of games but the same # of losses as the chiefs when it came to playoff seeding.
                              Don't even have to find another opponent when you have 30+ games but good luck finding a nom-con football game in weeks 5-11. There will be a few but they will not be easy.

Comment

• Originally posted by NWHoops View Post
                                I just don't understand why the league would allow them to stay for one more year but then not fulfill their schedule obligations. If they don't want to play the schedule then send them to the GLVC before the 23-24 season begins. GLVC doesn't want them yet? Not our problem.
                                I’d be surprised if the GLVC said they wouldn’t take them, if only because the league just added Upper Iowa. League football scheduling would be the problem, as I believe the GLVC is just sliding UIU into Lindenwood’s spot in the conference (weeks 5-11) schedule next year.

When Truman left the MIAA back in 2013, there was a buyout provision in place based on when they told the league they’d be leaving and how many years forward it would be. I’d guess that’s the bigger reason LU isn’t joining the GLVC until 2024.
                                Last edited by TSU_Mike59; 01-27-2023, 02:12 PM.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X