Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TSU_Mike59 View Post

I’d be surprised if the GLVC said they wouldn’t take them, if only because the league just added Upper Iowa. League football scheduling would be the problem, as I believe the GLVC is just sliding UIU into Lindenwood’s spot in the conference (weeks 5-11) schedule next year.

When Truman left the MIAA back in 2013, there was a buyout provision in place based on when they told the league they’d be leaving and how many years forward it would be. I’d guess that’s the bigger reason LU isn’t joining the GLVC until 2024.
    Understood but LU has everything to gain in the current setup and the rest of the schools in the MIAA lose. I don't think anyone is sad to see them go. However, if they want to stay this year because it's easier on the GLVC and them, then that is fine if they fulfill their obligations. If they want to stay but pick and choose what schedule obligations they fill because it's best for them then I say kick rocks. It's making it harder on the other schools either way so why should they be the ones to benefit when they are leaving? Whether they stay and don't play football or leave and don't play football, it's still a scheduling issue for other schools.

They're essentially saying they know they get their a$$ kicked at FB so they won't play the games they don't want to in FB but we would like to continue to fully participate in other sports. MIAA has no obligation to support them. Send them to the GLVC and don't ask them to pay the buyout.

Part of the reason for a buyout is to give enough notice for teams to get schedules in order so they're not in difficult scheduling situations. They're not helping by staying in the current agreement.
    Last edited by NWHoops; 01-27-2023, 02:40 PM.

Comment

• Tough scheduling for 1 year is worth it to be done with Lincoln.

The ideal scenario would be for NSU to announce a move to the gac tomorrow and do the same thing with scheduling.

Comment

• Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
        Tough scheduling for 1 year is worth it to be done with Lincoln.

The ideal scenario would be for NSU to announce a move to the gac tomorrow and do the same thing with scheduling.
        If NSU leaves then it's all good. However, if we are going to have tough scheduling one way or another, send them on their way and don't let them benefit from being a part of the conference only for the sports that work best for them. They made a decision that is best for them, so should the conference.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
        Working...
        X