Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NW @ ESU

Well... Here we go... Do either team have a chance of getting a playoff birth with a win?

Win, you have a chance. Lose, turn in your equipment.
    Go Hounds!
    B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S
    Cyclone Power
    ERAU Eagles Soar

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat1986 View Post
      Well... Here we go... Do either team have a chance of getting a playoff birth with a win?
      No, but one will have a shot at a po berth.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

No, but one will have a shot at a po berth.
        😂😎

Comment

The winner will likely need the ‘right’ teams in the other 3 conferences to lose in order to sneak in at #7.

Comment

First time in a long time….. we are about to smack NW

Comment

Originally posted by NWFanatic View Post
              The winner will likely need the ‘right’ teams in the other 3 conferences to lose in order to sneak in at #7.
              Honest question. Whose loss would help? Maybe if Indy lost but even then Indy has a better SOS. I'm not seeing a path for an additional GAC or MIAA making the cut.

Comment

Originally posted by Redwing View Post

Honest question. Whose loss would help? Maybe if Indy lost but even then Indy has a better SOS. I'm not seeing a path for an additional GAC or MIAA making the cut.
                GLVC isn’t going to get 2 teams in.
                Help out D2football.com - click on an ad

Comment

Originally posted by BearcatDude View Post
                  By the numbers they probably should.

Comment

Originally posted by BearcatDude View Post
                    Maybe, but I'm not seeing a route as to why they don't. SOS looks good enough. I'm not saying it's deserved, but by the metrics that are in play, the MIAA and GAC may be SOS out of luck.

Comment

IMHO PSU, FSU, GVSU, QBU and TSU/UI winners are in.
                      Henderson and Davenport will likely lose. Harding also needs to lose. The TSU/IU team with worst SOS needs to lose. With this scenario a 9-2 NW should be in.

Comment

Henderson and Davenport will likely lose. Harding also needs to lose. The TSU/IU team with worst SOS needs to lose. With this scenario a 9-2 NW should be in.
                        I could see that. Maybe I'm just putting too much emphasis on the SOS then. Still Dport is highly likely to be in no matter another loss.

Comment

I could see that. Maybe I'm just putting too much emphasis on the SOS then. Still Dport is highly likely to be in no matter another loss.
                          last week’s rankings showed that they really don’t care about the SOS - mathematically Davenport should have been below both Indy and Truman, but the committee put them above them.

the locks are PSU, FSU, GVSU, OBU and winner of TSU/UI. That leaves 2 spots. My guess would be one goes to Davenport. That leaves 1. IF NW beats ESU - I’d be willing to bet that they get in (they will have a better record against above.500 teams and played more games, so winning percentage is better than the GLVC teams) - unless Henderson beats OBU — then all bets are off on what the committee will do
                          Help out D2football.com - click on an ad

Comment

My thoughts...Harding is not a factor in this right now. Henderson, Indy/Truman winner are the x-factors. Henderson has to lose to OBU. Not sure which is better for us, Truman winning or Indy winning but I think Truman winning would help. Harding is not likely to lose to 5-5 Arkansas Tech in Searcy. In that case and if NW wins, NW and Harding would be equal. What would put NW ahead of Harding is record vs >.500. Right now NW is 2-1 with a chance to be 3-1 or 3-2 depending on UCO outcome. The best Harding can be is 2-2. If Henderson beats OBU, it will be a real mess.

BTW, something is slightly off with inkblotsports.com SOS calculations. The website has NW SOS at 0.480. I have it at 0.467 (42-48). H2H doesn't count and we play 8-2 ESU next week bringing SOS to 50-50 or 0.500. Same with Harding. I have Harding at 0.500 (45-45) and inkblotsports.com has it at 0.501. They play 5-5 Arkansas Tech bringing their SOS to 50-50 or 0.500.
                            Last edited by CatFan88; 11-06-2022, 04:21 PM.
                            Go Hounds!
                            B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S
                            Cyclone Power
                            ERAU Eagles Soar

Comment

Originally posted by reloadmvp View Post
                              First time in a long time….. we are about to smack NW
                              ya i mean if you don't just shut it down we got problems. i would say we'd be embarrassed to lose to y'all but when you disgrace yourself the way yo...err we did in edmond what's one more?
                              Go Bearcats!
                              M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X