Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MWSU announces Williamson will not return

Sad it didn’t work out. Coach Willie is a good man.

Too bad for him...last 2 seasons and a new AD that didn't hire him...figured this would happen.

Comment

Coach Willie is a great man. It is really sad it didn’t work out

Comment

I heard this was coming earlier today. Tough but it was somewhat obvious that a change was needed.

Comment

He was a good head coach....MIAA is brutal.
          Northwest Missouri State University
          BEARCATS

Comment

Probably a great guy. His teams had talent, but shot themselves in the foot a lot with stupid penalties.

Comment

Originally posted by GrifFan View Post
              Sad it didn’t work out. Coach Willie is a good man.
              Are there any favorites for this job? Or will this be a true national search?

Comment

Hire Jerry today.

Comment

Jerry Glanville was definitely a personality, but he's 81 and I don't think he'd do it
                  Gorillas K.A.W.C!

Comment

Wonder which NW coach will be hired for the MW HC job?

Comment

Originally posted by ZubCat81 View Post
                      Wonder which NW coach will be hired for the MW HC job?
                      Have any of them been successful anywhere but NW. Besides Boda?

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

Have any of them been successful anywhere but NW. Besides Boda?
                        Charlie Flohr was 7-4 at SD Mines and Joel Osborne at Benedictine College of Atchison KS is 10-1 and in the NAIA playoffs. FWIW NW had better offenses with them than with Sturdy imho.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post
                          Hire Jerry today.
                          I have it from reliable sources, that Jerry calls Coach Dorrel almost every week just to chat ;-)

Comment

flohr & ozzy were scapegoats 2017-2019 iirc.

mowest....unsurprising move although i thought they might give him another yr, not that they should/shouldn't have. it's always interesting to see where it goes just b/c most of the candidates aren't on anyone's radar beyond ppl close to the search just b/c it's not covered the way d1 searches are.
                            Go Bearcats!
                            M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

Originally posted by northwest missouri state View Post
                              flohr & ozzy were scapegoats 2017-2019 iirc.

mowest....unsurprising move although i thought they might give him another yr, not that they should/shouldn't have. it's always interesting to see where it goes just b/c most of the candidates aren't on anyone's radar beyond ppl close to the search just b/c it's not covered the way d1 searches are.
                              Absolutely they were.... everything that is being said about Sturdy now was being said about these two a few years ago. People couldn't wait to hire someone new from "outside".... playcalling is one thing, but you got to have the players (quarterback) to execute what you want to do. I can't say that I'm impressed, but it's hard for me to claim that they were better or worse than Sturdy. There have been days or moments, but the offense hasn't been consistently good since Zimmerman... not since AD, since Zimmerman. (Not that AD doesn't deserve the credit he gets)

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X