Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bearcats vs Tigers

Win or lose I’m glad NW isn’t headed to cold, snowy Big Rapids or the Jungle. It’ll be fun to play a new opponent for a change. Looks like great football weather predicted Saturday.

NW should travel well and the Cats usually fair pretty well vs run heavy teams. Unfortunately we have a wedding in IA that day we can’t miss so someone else will have to yell ‘are you coaching or reffing’ for my wife when the OBU coach jaws with the refs 😎

Run heavy like Harding or just run heavy like late 80s / early 90s football everywhere?

Comment

Originally posted by GoCatsGo5 View Post
      Run heavy like Harding or just run heavy like late 80s / early 90s football everywhere?
      Like Harding, but without the triple option. 305 yrds/game which is down the the past few weeks. We were #1 rushing in the nation for the first 7-8 weeks. The big difference is that we do have a QB who can throw a bit if he needs to: 105/157/1762 for 16/4 TDs/Ints for the season. He can pop off a 200+yrd game if required. Score right at 45pts/game. We would be #1 there if Mines hadn't decided to run up the score last week. Our defense does allow about 2 more pts/game than NW (18.27 vs. 16.27). NW rushing defense is of course by far the best we've faced. It will be strength vs. strength.

You can watch the last 4:30 of Saturday's game to get an idea about our tenacity ;-) https://youtu.be/vraEU9GPkx4?t=12654
      Last edited by MilSF; 11-13-2022, 11:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by GoCatsGo5 View Post
        More like Kearney.
        520 rushes, 120 passes

Comment

Originally posted by MilSF View Post

Like Harding, but without the triple option. 305 yrds/game which is down the the past few weeks. We were #1 rushing in the nation for the first 7-8 weeks. The big difference is that we do have a QB who can throw a bit if he needs to: 105/157/1762 for 16/4 TDs/Ints for the season. He can pop off a 200+yrd game if he needs to. Score right at 45pts/game. We would be #1 there if Mines hadn't decided to run up the score last week. Our defense does allow about 2 more pts/game than NW (18.27 vs. 16.27). NW rushing defense is of course by far the best we've faced. It will be strength vs. strength.

You can watch the last 4:30 of Saturday's game to get an idea about our tenacity ;-) https://youtu.be/vraEU9GPkx4?t=12654
          The whole game is on youtube.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

The whole game is on youtube.
            Yeh, that's the whole game. I just put the start time on the link right after HSU went up by 14 in the 4th.

Comment

I see.
              It was a good game. I watched parts of it.

Comment

NW plays on a grass surface at Cliff Harris Stadium on the Ouachita Baptist campus. I know NW offers a couple grass practice fields, but will this be the first gameday on grass for the Bearcats? If you want to offer any confidence in the weather guys several days out, they are making a call for near 50's with almost zero chance of rain, so the grass field should be dry ... again, if you have any confidence in weather guys calling the weather more than a few days out from a gameday, but as of this early Monday morning those weather guys are calling for a gameday sandwiched in between a 'Mostly Sunny' day on Friday and a 'Sunny' day on Sunday. Saturday gameday gets a 'Partly Cloudy' at this point. Nice. Take it.

Cliff Harris Stadium seats about 5600 with what appears to be a decent visitor's side of the field for Bearcat fans. Nice size parking lot for tailgating, altho it appears the whole lot sits behind the 'home' side of the stadium. Should make for a nice and cozy setting for Bearcat fans to mix with Ouachita Baptist fans on 'friendly' terms. I'm sure. Just keep your eyes on your coolers and any BBQ you may have simmering on the grills. Arkansas boys love their BBQ and they know Missouri is home to the two biggest BBQ cities in the country ... St. Louis #1 and Kansas City #2. True fact. The word around the GAC is that Ouachita fans get stir crazy excited when their McDonald's is featuring the McRib, so just a head's up to any Bearcat fans if bringing any real BBQ down to Ouachita. Could get a little crazy.

Anyway, grass field. Hopefully the rain stays away. Looks great at this point.

https://www.ketv.com/weather
                Last edited by ZubCat81; 11-14-2022, 01:58 AM.

Comment

wish i wasn’t working i’d love to visit ob.
                  Go Bearcats!
                  M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

Originally posted by ZubCat81 View Post
                    NW plays on a grass surface at Cliff Harris Stadium on the Ouachita Baptist campus. I know NW offers a couple grass practice fields, but will this be the first gameday on grass for the Bearcats? If you want to offer any confidence in the weather guys several days out, they are making a call for near 50's with almost zero chance of rain, so the grass field should be dry ... again, if you have any confidence in weather guys calling the weather more than a few days out from a gameday, but as of this early Monday morning those weather guys are calling for a gameday sandwiched in between a 'Mostly Sunny' day on Friday and a 'Sunny' day on Sunday. Saturday gameday gets a 'Partly Cloudy' at this point. Nice. Take it.

Cliff Harris Stadium seats about 5600 with what appears to be a decent visitor's side of the field for Bearcat fans. Nice size parking lot for tailgating, altho it appears the whole lot sits behind the 'home' side of the stadium. Should make for a nice and cozy setting for Bearcat fans to mix with Ouachita Baptist fans on 'friendly' terms. I'm sure. Just keep your eyes on your coolers and any BBQ you may have simmering on the grills. Arkansas boys love their BBQ and they know Missouri is home to the two biggest BBQ cities in the country ... St. Louis #1 and Kansas City #2. True fact. The word around the GAC is that Ouachita fans get stir crazy excited when their McDonald's is featuring the McRib, so just a head's up to any Bearcat fans if bringing any real BBQ down to Ouachita. Could get a little crazy.

Anyway, grass field. Hopefully the rain stays away. Looks great at this point.

https://www.ketv.com/weather
                    It’s a turf field.

McRib was taken off the menu so all the alumni pooled the money saved to pay for the turf.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
                      More like Kearney.
                      520 rushes, 120 passes
                      OBU's QB is actually a Nebraska kid who began his career at UNK.

Comment

Originally posted by ZubCat81 View Post
                        Cliff Harris Stadium seats about 5600 with what appears to be a decent visitor's side of the field for Bearcat fans. Nice size parking lot for tailgating, altho it appears the whole lot sits behind the 'home' side of the stadium. Should make for a nice and cozy setting for Bearcat fans to mix with Ouachita Baptist fans on 'friendly' terms. I'm sure. Just keep your eyes on your coolers and any BBQ you may have simmering on the grills.
                        A couple of notes there. As OBUGrad pointed out - we put in a turf field 3yrs ago. OBU is a dry campus. The campus PD probably won't bother you if you aren't making a scene, but you should know. Nice guys, but they are licensed LEO. Here's an FAQ that has a good breakdown of what a game day is like. I have another thread here that gives some local info if you are coming down to Arkadelphia (hotels, etc).

Comment

Originally posted by loper legionnaire View Post

OBU's QB is actually a Nebraska kid who began his career at UNK.
                          So he 'loped on down to Arkansas?

Comment

NW defense was definitely amped for ESU-some of the hardest hits I’ve seen this season. One should’ve made espn top 10. Another chance to “keep swinging’ til you can’t swing” as Rich says
                            Last edited by NWFanatic; 11-14-2022, 04:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by OBUGrad View Post

It’s a turf field.

McRib was taken off the menu so all the alumni pooled the money saved to pay for the turf.
                              McRib is back!

(Sorry. It's the only thing McDs has that I don't hate even though I should. )

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X