Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by reloadmvp View Post

I.e. Proven Programs versus Good Programs.
    shut up dude. give us a single year you played in the playoffs or a bowl....if you had half a chance, youd go back and do it again. preparing for a suck ass bowl or not.

by the way, which bowl game do you think ES is going to turn down because they are too good to take the extra practices?
    Last edited by jimbo slice; 11-14-2022, 10:24 PM.

Comment

I wouldn't call Pitt a proven program at this point. More like a program that is working its way back from the dead.

Comment

Without doing a bunch of research, it does seem historically a team that takes a bowl game makes the playoffs the next year. As a team that is on the edge, it does seem 3 more weeks of practice is a good thing. Hell, that's more practice than actual playoff teams might get, especially if they lose in the first or second round. It's probably why deep playoff teams also continue to make the playoffs because they also get 3-4-5 weeks more of practice.

and practice isn't just good for the kids, it's good for assistant coaches on their set of skills. If the head coach wants to go out and recruit, fine, let an assistant run the program for a couple weeks. If seniors want out, I'd let them as well; bowl practice should be for the freshman and sophomores.

I'm of the opinion FHSU downfall can be linked to turning down a bowl in 2019. Coach Brown made the big rah-rah speech the end of that season they only play for the playoffs now (since they made 2 in a row, whoopie!). Well first of all we all lost 2020, so you never really now how many games any kid will get. then 2021 and 2022 seasons it was palpable around the program starting off 0-2 and the likelihood of playoffs being out, then with nothing to play for like a bowl game, then whats the use? Two prominsing seasons turned to crap seasons in two weeks.

Always keep the bowl on the table for the kids, IMO; I guess if Pitt players chose not to last year (and look where they are now!), that's on them but it was at least an option.
        Last edited by EveryCatAWildman; 11-15-2022, 08:25 AM.

Comment

Coach Higgins on a private jet this morning to Texarkana. Live United Bowl for the Hornets. Be interested to see who they play Henderson or Harding?

Comment

Southeastern Oklahoma again ... Harding and Henderson State obviously said no thanks. But, again, those 10 extra practice are so important.

Comment

Originally posted by EveryCatAWildman View Post
              Without doing a bunch of research, it does seem historically a team that takes a bowl game makes the playoffs the next year. As a team that is on the edge, it does seem 3 more weeks of practice is a good thing. Hell, that's more practice than actual playoff teams might get, especially if they lose in the first or second round. It's probably why deep playoff teams also continue to make the playoffs because they also get 3-4-5 weeks more of practice.

and practice isn't just good for the kids, it's good for assistant coaches on their set of skills. If the head coach wants to go out and recruit, fine, let an assistant run the program for a couple weeks. If seniors want out, I'd let them as well; bowl practice should be for the freshman and sophomores.

I'm of the opinion FHSU downfall can be linked to turning down a bowl in 2019. Coach Brown made the big rah-rah speech the end of that season they only play for the playoffs now (since they made 2 in a row, whoopie!). Well first of all we all lost 2020, so you never really now how many games any kid will get. then 2021 and 2022 seasons it was palpable around the program starting off 0-2 and the likelihood of playoffs being out, then with nothing to play for like a bowl game, then whats the use? Two prominsing seasons turned to crap seasons in two weeks.

Always keep the bowl on the table for the kids, IMO; I guess if Pitt players chose not to last year (and look where they are now!), that's on them but it was at least an option.
              Some teams have gone bowl, then playoffs, but a lot of them don't with more bowls available now.

Comment

On that same line of thinking, Some teams even got to play a few games that 2020 season. I do think that Pitt practicing and getting those 4 games that year is why they are ahead of schedule. (Most of us thought it would be another year or so before they were a threat to make the playoffs.)

Comment

Originally posted by Try II View Post
                  Southeastern Oklahoma again ... Harding and Henderson State obviously said no thanks. But, again, those 10 extra practice are so important.
                  Revenge game. Love it.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
                    I wouldn't call Pitt a proven program at this point. More like a program that is working its way back from the dead.
                    I wasn't necessarily calling them one. However, any "proven program" would likely turn down a bowl game if they sucked enough to not even make playoffs. Right or wrong, as you mentioned, the players wouldn't go for it.

Originally posted by jimbo slice View Post

shut up dude. give us a single year you played in the playoffs or a bowl....if you had half a chance, youd go back and do it again. preparing for a suck ass bowl or not.

by the way, which bowl game do you think ES is going to turn down because they are too good to take the extra practices?

Yeah, you wish pal. ESU shouldn't turn down any bowl game, that would be idiotic.

By the way, your sister called, she said she wants her valor back.

Comment

Originally posted by HornetTakeover View Post

Revenge game. Love it.
                      Yeah, that will be good!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X