Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indy at Pitt

Welcome to the Jungle, Indy.

Hopefully someone else can pipe in with suggestions for lodging.

My food suggestions would be:
    • THE mall deli
    • Any of the chicken places. (Mary's, Annie's, Bartos, or Gebharts. Try the German potatoes and the onion rings.)
    • Jim's Steak house.
    • The meat shed
    • Chatters
    • I'm sure there are more. Hopefully someone else will chime in.

Id like to add
    Drop the H Brewing Company- Good pizza and Good Beer
    Toast- Eclectic sandwiches, small plates, brunch, appetizers, Mac and Cheese. Not Open on Sunday
    Brick + Mortar- Pricey, but tasty food, and great atmosphere.
    Kozoku- Sushi and Japanese Grill. Not cooked in front of you, though.
    El Caballo del Oro- Good affordable Mexican food.
    Root- Coffee house and Crepes. Great Coffee, Good Crepes (slow, sometimes).
    Signet- Great Coffee.
    Granny's, Sugar Rush, Or Toast for Ice Cream dessert.

If youre staying the night-
    Bob's, Root, or Harry's for breakfast.

Jolly Fox Brewery- BBQ, Brewery and Cocktails. Okay beer, Fun Mixed Drinks, Okay food, but it has been a while since I have been there, and my friends don't go anymore. Give them a try and let me know.

Comment

None of these are super close to hotels, but really, everything in Pitt is 10 minutes away from something.

Comment

Hope a crapper is close by. You will need it for the Colon Cleans you are about to get

Comment

Scuse me? Did you say 24-22? Was that what I read?

Comment

Definitely get the Chili at the Mall Deli and don’t forget to try their homemade creamy Italian dressing

Comment

French dip or Rueben is the way to go at the deli, imo. Bagel with cream cheese is hard to beat, but tell them to keep it away from the microwave.

Comment

Originally posted by GorillaTeacher View Post
                Scuse me? Did you say 24-22? Was that what I read?
                I listened to the D2 show Sunday night and I kept hearing from the guys, GV, FSU, PSU didn’t want to see NW get in.

And I’m like why? Who wouldn’t want to play a one sided team that is running off reputation?

If we get to play NW again we will beat them double digits just like in 2011.

Comment

Originally posted by PSR View Post

I listened to the D2 show Sunday night and I kept hearing from the guys, GV, FSU, PSU didn’t want to see NW get in.

And I’m like why? Who wouldn’t want to play a one sided team that is running off reputation?

Pretty bold prediction. Way to live in the past.

Comment

Originally posted by PSR View Post

I didn't buy the fear of NW thing either. Not sure I agree about double digits since that just isn't what Pitt does this year. I would much rather see Pitt play them than Ferris or the Lakers, though. Those teams both look much better than anyone Pitt has faced so far to me. I have no idea if Pitt is ready for either one.

Comment

I should rephrase that. I would rather watch them play anyone who isn't in our silo, but like their chances against NW much better.

Comment

Pitt has surprised me, though, and I hope they can keep doing it and make a run. If not, I hope they at least get to the 2nd round and see what a real contender looks like, so they can learn where they are, and where they need to be.

Comment

Originally posted by GreenwoodBearcat View Post

Pretty bold prediction. Way to live in the past.
                          Truth has no time.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

I didn't buy the fear of NW thing either. Not sure I agree about double digits since that just isn't what Pitt does this year. I would much rather see Pitt play them than Ferris or the Lakers, though. Those teams both look much better than anyone Pitt has faced so far to me. I have no idea if Pitt is ready for either one.
                            Yeah. It will be a big surprise if we beat FSU.

We don’t have that one player that is a game breaker. Someone to threaten FSU defense.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

I'd much rather see us too, considering Ferris has beaten us like a drum the last 3 playoff years and Grand Valley is of course, the 1 seed. I don't think we strike fear in anyone right now... doesn't mean we can't pull an upset, but I don't think anyone would feel like that's a likely outcome.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X