Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Pitt coach announced that they will not be sharing a flight or hotel rooms with NW.

Comment

At 6-6, I can definitely see Garrison being a matchup problem for Ferris. Not sure if Pitt can keep Dodson upright long enough to get him the ball, though.

Comment

So from watching the Sunday show, appears Pitt D is just as good as NW, just hasn't received all they hype. Is that something you Pitt guys agree with?

Comment

Scoring defense and passing defense we are better than NW, I think. NWMSU is the class of run defense, though we are no slouch.

Comment

Originally posted by DawgUp View Post
            So from watching the Sunday show, appears Pitt D is just as good as NW, just hasn't received all they hype. Is that something you Pitt guys agree with?
            Overall, Pitt is the better defense. Many of the scores and yards came after we exited our 1's. Ft. Hays scored on their first possession and didn't score again until we took the 1's out. So the numbers would be better accounting for that. I'm sure NW had a few games like that as well, although I think they were in closer games more often than we were because of their offense.

NW run defense is better but ours isn't shabby. We defend the pass much better.

Two good defenses.

Comment

Pitt D is more complete and balanced. Nw run D is better.

Don't feel bad, even the MIAA columnist didn't notice how good the Pitt D was until the season was over.

Comment

We are small up front on D. Our linebackers are fast, very fast. A power running game will give us trouble. Moya from NW had some good runs against us in the 2nd half with our 1's in.
                Our goal is to jump out to an early multiple score lead, that makes teams one dimensional. Our pass defense isn't spectacular, we generally don't create turnovers, but it's sound and has given up very few big plays.

I think Pitts biggest concern will be keeping our QB vertical and we have to establish some semblance of a running game. If not the Ferris guys can pin their ears back and go.im very interested in comparing Ferris front 7 with NW.

Pitt has a punchers chance and honestly as far as where the program is in 2022 compared to what we expected as fans we are playing with house money.

Comment

I feel like the biggest issue we have had on defense is QB contain, and defending the deep sideline passes and flats. Such a weird season with as few turnovers and sacks we have forced.

We are most certainly not going to power anyone down in the run game, but we are stubbornly committed to rush attempts. The team is generally well disciplined and make very few mental mistakes on offense. Very few presnap penalties, very few penalties overall.

Comment

Pitt's defense is pretty good. But they haven't seen anything like that schizophrenic Ferris offense.. It will be fun to see if Pitt can hold up and find a base to work from to cover all they do.

Comment

Pitt only runs it well when the passing game has a team on it's heels.

Comment

Originally posted by GorillaTeacher View Post
                        I feel like the biggest issue we have had on defense is QB contain, and defending the deep sideline passes and flats. Such a weird season with as few turnovers and sacks we have forced.

We are most certainly not going to power anyone down in the run game, but we are stubbornly committed to rush attempts. The team is generally well disciplined and make very few mental mistakes on offense. Very few presnap penalties, very few penalties overall.
                        If it comes down to penalties, you might as well stay home and see who you're gonna play next week because we'll clip a 100yds easy.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
                          Pitt's defense is pretty good. But they haven't seen anything like that schizophrenic Ferris offense.. It will be fun to see if Pitt can hold up and find a base to work from to cover all they do.
                          How would you compare Ferris to UNKs offense? I know they're (UNK) option heavy. We can be but like you referenced I have no idea what Ferris is going to run week to week.

Comment

We are averaging less than 5 penalties/game for 50 or so yds per game.

Comment

It all starts with containing the run, which we do well. Then their hair on fire offense will slow down and will work against them with 3 and outs.

Stay disciplined and no explosive plays. Our biggest area of concern is our soft run game. This Oline is soft when it comes to run blocking. They catch the dline rather than fire off and move the line of scrimmage.

Fun match ups.

Comment

How would you compare Ferris to UNKs offense? I know they're (UNK) option heavy. We can be but like you referenced I have no idea what Ferris is going to run week to week.
                                From the little I have seen of Ferris... The UNK Qb is a better runner (He's a bean pole, but stupid fast and hard to hit square). but they are almost no threat to throw it, and if they do, it'sdeep whichthey just don't have the speed at WR to pull off. Kind of a one man show.

Ferris has better backs and offensive threats all over the place. They mix it up a lot better than UNK. Using more options, but less pure misdirection stuff.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X