Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jimbo slice View Post
    so, it's official. Chase Faber's paperwork is signed. he is in the portal. probably going to be a D1 pickup.

named a starter game 2 and finished the season as the number 3 tackler on the team and MIAA selection as a true freshman. this one sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by NW Normal View Post

yep. that's him!

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post

Let me go look in my D2 Scrooge McDuck vault and see what I can find.
        Perfect! :)

Comment

Q: What Harlon Hill candidate had a fumble, an intentional grounding penalty and threw an interception at home against UCO? Bronchos D had him on the ropes until the last two minutes. Can't wait to see the rematch next season in Edmond. #FeartheFalls!

Comment

I have it on good authority through my sources that Chase Faber watched the Planet of the Apes and was so impressed with Gorillas riding Bronchos in addition to what happened when we played this season that he is already signed, sealed, and will be delivered to Pitt in January.

Comment

He was willing to give up a year, just to have the pleasure of being on the Gorilla team.

Comment

I can see more and more guys from the MIAA throwing their hat into the ring. Once they see an offer that a teammate or a rival from another school gets, they figure they'll get one too. Hate to be a coach where you lose Dudes and then, a year later, your job.

Comment

Some D2 guys have hit the portal thinking a D1 would jump on them, only to find themselves out of football altogether.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
                    Some D2 guys have hit the portal thinking a D1 would jump on them, only to find themselves out of football altogether.
                    +1

Comment

I still think moving up from D2 to D1 is the exception, not the rule. There are very few Cody Shraders that jump up and find meaningful reps. If they do move up, its for educational opportunity more so than playing opportunity.

Comment

Originally posted by GorillaTeacher View Post
                        I still think moving up from D2 to D1 is the exception, not the rule. There are very few Cody Shraders that jump up and find meaningful reps. If they do move up, its for educational opportunity more so than playing opportunity.
                        I agree. It's maybe a little less rare than it was pre portal, but still pretty rare.

Comment

Yeah but it'll be more common now. UNK's third or maybe fourth string OLB has gotten offers from Charlotte and Illinois State. As we all know, some would rather sit the D1 bench/play minimal reps than be a D2 starter.

Comment

There are two recently from UCM that fall into that category. Dominic Puni has started every game this year for Kansas at guard. He has made a significant difference on that o-line. Another is Shay Wyatt. He transferred two years ago to Tulane and has had significant playing time and started numerous games.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
                              Last year only 12% of D2 kids that entered the portal found a scholarship at a different four year institution

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post

Last year only 12% of D2 kids that entered the portal found a scholarship at a different four year institution
                                I knew the failure rate was high. Didn't realize it was that high.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X