Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jimbo slice View Post

had no idea. damn!
    There's a hs kid named Bronny James who has made 7.5 mil so far. Not sure if that's LeBron's kid? I assume so. Him and the Manning kid are amongst the highest paid. Funny how that works since they probably need the money the least.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

There's a hs kid named Bronny James who has made 7.5 mil so far. Not sure if that's LeBron's kid? I assume so. Him and the Manning kid are amongst the highest paid. Funny how that works since they probably need the money the least.
      yeh national media has been shoving that kid down our throat for 3 years and manning just recently. I cant wait to watch manning fail at TEXAS just like simms did.

a little useless trivia. i have exactly the same amount of touchdown passes against the OU defense as chris simss. lol

Comment

This your niece?
        Some high school athletes are banking big bucks thanks to changes in some states that allow them to accept major endorsement deals.

Comment

Originally posted by GorillaTeacher View Post
          This your niece?
          My wife’s great niece-her resume’ is quite impressive.
          Last edited by NWFanatic; 12-04-2022, 10:40 PM.

Comment

Saw a coach’s tweet today that said 70% of players that enter the portal never get picked up again.

Comment

Just that all the players think they’re in the 30%

Comment

Saw a coach’s tweet today that said 70% of players that enter the portal never get picked up again.
                For D2 players, it's 88%

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

For D2 players, it's 88%
                  Im actually shocked 12% find a new home. Most real players aren’t looking for a new home unless they’re like the UNK safety who’s graduated and knew he’d get some d1 looks.

Also have to wonder where that number will actually sit after COVID years are burnt out.

Comment

With the coaching situation still up in the air I've heard there's approx 8-9 Mo West players in the portal

Comment

I'm all for players betting on themselves, but I think once the novelty of the transfer portal wears off, things will stabilize. Kids will see a lot of their friends enter the portal and never get another opportunity, less players will enter and there will be a better success rate overall, mainly due to fewer players. Its become the proverbial "hanging up of the cleats" without explicitly doing so.

Comment

Think the other things guys this age don’t realize is the grass isn’t always greener on other side. This school is invested in you if they brought you in from high school. They want you to be successful. Looks good on them for finding you

Comment

Originally posted by Momowest View Post
                          With the coaching situation still up in the air I've heard there's approx 8-9 Mo West players in the portal
                          Think the conference will waive the eligibility rules for intra conference transfers for coaching changes?

Comment

Now that big, legal money is involved, it's not really fair to say real players aren't looking.

Comment

Why is the transfer portal still open. I thought that was a Covid thing to help out. I would say they need to shut the gravy train off.

Comment

Think the conference will waive the eligibility rules for intra conference transfers for coaching changes?
                                I imagine their lawyers will eventually advise them that it won't hold up in court.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X