Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GreenwoodBearcat View Post
    Why is the transfer portal still open. I thought that was a Covid thing to help out. I would say they need to shut the gravy train off.
    There is no closing that door. The old way doesn't hold up in court.

Comment

Originally posted by GreenwoodBearcat View Post
      Why is the transfer portal still open. I thought that was a Covid thing to help out. I would say they need to shut the gravy train off.
      Nah, it was irrelevant of COVID and was a long time coming.

It used to be, at least pre transfer rule, that if your coach was fired or changed jobs you were granted a waiver pretty uniformly, at least D1, iirc.

If those 10 players or so aren’t allowed to to transfer to another conference School and be eligible, it’s hardly fair, considering the staff that recruited them isn’t around anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

There is no closing that door. The old way doesn't hold up in court.
        Furthermore, it is likely to be expanded to unlimited transfers, as long as the students can maintain eligibility status. The committee tabled that vote in August, but it will likely pass.

Comment

Originally posted by GorillaTeacher View Post
          Think the conference will waive the eligibility rules for intra conference transfers for coaching changes?
          No idea but a few of them are all-conf guys. TE Cam Grandy has already reported several D1 offers.

Comment

Has TS from NW entered the portal? 😎

Comment

Originally posted by IfYouAintLope View Post
              Add UNK starting corner Jaylen Perkins to the list
              Perkins just announced that he is committed to Grand View after "my clock has ran out for the NCAA"

Comment

Originally posted by loper legionnaire View Post

Perkins just announced that he is committed to Grand View after "my clock has ran out for the NCAA"
                That's a great NAIA program.

Comment

Originally posted by LiNcOlN bLuE tIgErS View Post
                  I saw UNK is losing Swanson an All-American safety to the portal. I’ve also seen MoSo’s QB Herl is transferring. I’m starting this thread to see who else is losing players to the portal. It can be good but it’s the Wild West right now which is a problem.
                  Swanson just announced that he has committed to Tulane.

Comment

Maybe I’m just inept but I haven’t found many FHSU players hitting the portal surprisingly. I had a worry we might end up losing some redshirts and other underclassmen after a poor year. Couple declaring for the draft.

Comment

Originally posted by washeduptiger View Post
                      Maybe I’m just inept but I haven’t found many FHSU players hitting the portal surprisingly. I had a worry we might end up losing some redshirts and other underclassmen after a poor year. Couple declaring for the draft.
                      unless youre close to the program, maybe you will be suprised to see how many kids are getting/have gotten the boot since the end of the season.

Comment

Originally posted by jimbo slice View Post

unless youre close to the program, maybe you will be suprised to see how many kids are getting/have gotten the boot since the end of the season.
                        Not nearly as close as I once was. You hearing some things from all the way down there in Oklahoma? Wouldn’t surprise me if there was some house cleaning that went on.

Comment

Not nearly as close as I once was. You hearing some things from all the way down there in Oklahoma? Wouldn’t surprise me if there was some house cleaning that went on.
                          no i havent heard anything from there i know there are a couple of oklahoma kids that are being offered by FHSU.I was talking central. i felt like we were going to have a bunch of portals too but have been pleasntly suprised.

one was for playing for his childhood dream team and the 50k walkon money helps. the other was reported as the staff wanting to move him to RB or WR. i guess he was one of the best athletes on the team. he wants to be a QB. cant blame him there. he'll be a starter at ACU within a season. wont he BillyBronco ? ;) both of our protal transferes ended up being D1 transfers the rest are casualties. not bad at all. think the boys are buying in. the hudl videos im seeing are very large kids that play Oline. if we can run and keep our d off the field.....phew.

weve gotten rid of a bunch of "dead weight" in the last month. i think its good for the team chemistry when that happens. the younger ones feel like they will have an opportunity to contribute and it shows the staff is not to be messed with. the only ones that will really take issue with it are the ones that like things EXACTLY the way it is now. in my opinion anyway.

Comment

Dawson Herl committed to UCO yesterday.

Comment

Kicker Emmanuel Aguliar entered the portal quickly after the seasons end

Comment

Originally posted by AlexTheHAMMER View Post

Kicker Emmanuel Aguliar entered the portal quickly after the seasons end
                                Yea saw he’s going to hutch. Makes sense for him. I don’t know how many D1 places give scholarships to kickers but I’m sure it more than D2. Think there was a corner/safety that’s also in the portal that was a second or third string guy.

our starting center just hit the portal as well. Shame as he was an all conference type talent

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X