Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Try II View Post

Eh, the softball coach put them in the MIAA Tourney last year for the first time in forever and they beat like the No. 4 team (UCO) in the nation. It wasn't a great process, yes, but the result looks to be fine. And the soccer coach they first hired was big-time winner but then left for family reasons. We'll see on the new guy there.
    He's got an actual recruiting cycle this year, I think Women's Soccer gets a few wins this year

Comment

Originally posted by loper legionnaire View Post
      Lopers Name Co-Interim Coaches- https://ruralradio.com/krvn/news/lop...terim-coaches/

DC Levi Gallas and STC Jake Willrich are in charge for the time being. This would seem to indicate that OC Drew Thatcher isn't a candidate for the job and likely will be departing with Lynn.

I also wonder if naming co-interim coaches means an outside hire is the most likely outcome. If one of those guys wasn't good enough to be the solo interim coach, why would they be expected to get the job full time? But maybe I'm reading too much into it.

Adding to my list of candidates from last night, I wonder if any recently fired coaches would be considered for a fresh start? Williamson from Missouri Western or Anderson from Sioux Falls?

Another name I came across was Bryan Nardo. Currently DC at Gannon and was DC for Emporia from 2012-2019. His brother Luke also spent time as a GA at UNK.

Also, do I need to throw out the obligatory Jerry Partridge speculation? :)
      The only thing that I dont like about Nardo is that this would be his first HC role. Does Bauer want to take the risk on a first year HC?

Comment

Originally posted by AlexTheHAMMER View Post

The only thing that I dont like about Nardo is that this would be his first HC role. Does Bauer want to take the risk on a first year HC?
        He would be a homerun hire. Unbelievable football IQ, not only that but is a fantastic recruiter & is a coach that makes it extremely easy to buy in because you know he cares about you. My vote means nothing to UNK or it’s fans lol but would love to see Coach Nardo get a chance at leading a program & building his own culture. Changed my life & many others for the better. Can’t say enough good things about him, glad I had the opportunity to play for him at ESU.

Comment

1620 in Omaha had a segment discussing the opening at UNK. https://p.ftur.io/koznam/11719

They threw out a couple names that are well known in Nebraska. Bill Busch, recently unemployed after the coaching change at Nebraska. And Jeff Jamrog, head coach at Midland University in Fremont, NE in the NAIA.

Comment

1620 in Omaha had a segment discussing the opening at UNK. https://p.ftur.io/koznam/11719

They threw out a couple names that are well known in Nebraska. Bill Busch, recently unemployed after the coaching change at Nebraska. And Jeff Jamrog, head coach at Midland University in Fremont, NE in the NAIA.
            Busch hasn't been a head coach and he's in his 60's while Jamrog has been at Midland for a long time and never comes up for other jobs. There's a reason for that.

Comment

Players got communication that a coach would be named next Thursday or Friday.

Comment

Ryan Held to UNK? Most recently OC and then Interim HC at North Alabama.

https://twitter.com/iKalebHenry/stat...0-Kca_i0g&s=19

Comment

Ryan Held to UNK? Most recently OC and then Interim HC at North Alabama.

https://twitter.com/iKalebHenry/stat...0-Kca_i0g&s=19
                  I hope not.
                  They need to hire within. The DC Gallas would be my choice

Comment

Originally posted by IfYouAintLope View Post

I hope not.
                    They need to hire within. The DC Gallas would be my choice
                    I see the advantages of hiring from within to avoid having to reinvent the identity of the program again. Curious if Gallas would be your choice regardless or if that's with the assumption that Thatcher is gone. Besides program continuity, what's the case for Gallas taking over? I'm genuinely curious as an alum who unfortunately has to follow Loper athletics from afar, having moved out of Nebraska.

Comment

I see the advantages of hiring from within to avoid having to reinvent the identity of the program again. Curious if Gallas would be your choice regardless or if that's with the assumption that Thatcher is gone. Besides program continuity, what's the case for Gallas taking over? I'm genuinely curious as an alum who unfortunately has to follow Loper athletics from afar, having moved out of Nebraska.
                      Thatcher or Gallas would both be great, I just think gallas is a more natural fit.
                      Not a fan of this Held guy. Not a great HC record and after the whole UNL failure by the whole staff I wouldn’t touch him w/ a 12 foot pole

big mistake if the hire doesn’t come from within

Comment

Sounds like Thatcher is heading out of program either with Lynn or somewhere else to be OC

Comment

Originally posted by IfYouAintLope View Post

Thatcher or Gallas would both be great, I just think gallas is a more natural fit.
                          Not a fan of this Held guy. Not a great HC record and after the whole UNL failure by the whole staff I wouldn’t touch him w/ a 12 foot pole

big mistake if the hire doesn’t come from within
                          Is your AD the same one who hired Lynn?

Comment

Originally posted by libertybearcat View Post

Is your AD the same one who hired Lynn?
                            No different AD. Plinske hired Lynn; he's now at Pueblo and looking for an HC too. Wouldn't it be funny if Gallas (Adams State grad) was hired by Pueblo?

Comment

Originally posted by Try II View Post

No different AD. Plinske hired Lynn; he's now at Pueblo and looking for an HC too. Wouldn't it be funny if Gallas (Adams State grad) was hired by Pueblo?
                              Wonder if having a different AD would lean more towards going with someone not on the current staff.

That does add an interesting twist to that situation.

Comment

Lunchtime update.

A second sports talk personality is saying the Held rumor has legs. https://twitter.com/joshtweeterson/s...JdPTCBl0A&s=19

Also, a tweet by a WTAMU coach, Chris Watkins, popped up on my feed. I noticed he is followed by UNK coaches Thatcher and Vaughn. Coincidence or signal of a couple guys who may be joining Lynn's staff???

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X