Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by loper legionnaire View Post

Also, a tweet by a WTAMU coach, Chris Watkins, popped up on my feed. I noticed he is followed by UNK coaches Thatcher and Vaughn. Coincidence or signal of a couple guys who may be joining Lynn's staff???
    If you’d make me guess what 2 coaches would leave and follow Lynn, I’d pick those two 9 out of 10 times

Comment

It appears Thatcher is indeed leaving UNK. But it's not to go to WTAMU. He's headed to Army. https://twitter.com/salinterdonato/s...0EYNwgg3Q&s=19

Comment

It appears Thatcher is indeed leaving UNK. But it's not to go to WTAMU. He's headed to Army. https://twitter.com/salinterdonato/s...0EYNwgg3Q&s=19
        Good for him. Incredible football mind and great guy

Comment

Originally posted by IfYouAintLope View Post

Good for him. Incredible football mind and great guy
          Feeling this is the end of a short, good UNK window. Back to the abyss the Lopers go. Northwest & Pitt approve

Comment

It appears imminent that Ryan Held is going to be the new head coach.

https://twitter.com/mitchsherman/sta...QMoTdZLZA&s=19

​​​

Comment

It appears imminent that Ryan Held is going to be the new head coach.

https://twitter.com/mitchsherman/sta...QMoTdZLZA&s=19

​​​
              Poor Schmuck
              Roll Chos!

Comment

And it's official.

Ryan Held named head football coach at University of Nebraska at Kearney

https://unknews.unk.edu/2022/12/20/r...ka-at-kearney/

Comment

Originally posted by Try II View Post

Feeling this is the end of a short, good UNK window. Back to the abyss the Lopers go. Northwest & Pitt approve
                  FWIW, I’ve enjoyed UNK being a top tier MIAA team. Iron sharpens iron if you will. I hope they make a good hire.

Comment

Originally posted by MiaaMind
                    I do not feel good about this hire. In the state of Nebraska, there is something to be said about UNK being independent from Lincoln. The players, alumni, and true UNK fans will have a tough time completely jumping on board with a Husker guy. There's a sense of caving to the Big Brother with this hire. UNK is also known to be conservative and looking for stability in a program. This hire shows a coach that is, at best case scenario, going to win and bounce at first glimpse of a D1 job. I hope I'm wrong, but players are not exactly thrilled with this hire.
                    Pretty bold assumption to say that the players automatically won’t like this hire. Do you have some inside information or something because based on what I’ve gathered thus far the reception has been warm.

Comment

Originally posted by Try II View Post

Maybe I've got my blue and gold colored glasses on, but I hope and think the days of UNK football constantly finishing in the bottom third of the conference are over. The scholarship situation is much better, the fundraising efforts have been getting better each year, and there is renewed interest and momentum within the program.

Does this mean I expect 8+ wins every year? I don't know how realistic that is at this point. But I'd be disappointed if we went back to topping out at 3 wins a year like we used to. I think it's fair to at least expect a winning record every year, with the occasional season where we are in the mix for the conference title or at least the conference's second or third playoff spot.

Comment

Here's a brief interview with Coach Held. https://p.ftur.io/krvnam/20565

Comment

And it's official.

Ryan Held named head football coach at University of Nebraska at Kearney

https://unknews.unk.edu/2022/12/20/r...ka-at-kearney/
                          Good hire! He was very close to being our HC. Our AD is from Kansas City and knows him well. Held absolutely turned our offense around 180 in his short time in Florence. Our run game went from zip to very exciting to watch! If we’d had a defense this year, he’d still have a job at UNA.

Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

Originally posted by UNALions View Post

Good hire! He was very close to being our HC. Our AD is from Kansas City and knows him well. Held absolutely turned our offense around 180 in his short time in Florence. Our run game went from zip to very exciting to watch! If we’d had a defense this year, he’d still have a job at UNA.
                            Great to hear! Thanks for sharing. I think there are some UNK fans who are unsure what to think about the hire, but hopefully it ends up working out for the best.

Comment

Great to hear! Thanks for sharing. I think there are some UNK fans who are unsure what to think about the hire, but hopefully it ends up working out for the best.
                              He was hired about this time last year at UNA a month or so after being scapegoated in Lincoln.

Held and an OLine coach were brought in to right the ship on offense for UNA. They did just that. We lost 5 games by less than one score with two of those in OT. The disappointing record wasn’t because of the offense. Our D graduated several big players from last year and you get the drill. Thankfully, the new OLine coach was retained by our brand new HC.

We’re thankful Held brought a great young QB from Nebraska with him here. He won the job during the first game and ended up being a finalist for FCS Freshman of the Year. Held also turned our nonexistent rushing game into the highlight reel. Our sophomore RB was finalist for the Walter Payton Award (FCS POTY). Sadly, he’s in the portal getting multiple FBS offers.

Held lobbied hard to be our HC. He’d been an assistant to Frost at UCF and Nebraska. He knows how things are done in FBS and we thought for several weeks he might get the job here. Most all of us would have been fine with that choice, honestly.

He’s passionate about coaching and I think will recruit Nebraska and the region very well. I’m excited to watch y’all!
                              Former Nebraska player and assistant Ryan Held has taken over as the interim head coach at North Alabama for the rest of the season.
                              Last edited by UNALions; 12-21-2022, 11:52 PM.
                              Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

I'm underwhelmed. He had success at OPSU only because he had an incredible quarterback during his tenure here. He then moved to SWOSU where he struggled. However, everybody struggles at SWOSU. I want him to do an incredible job at UNK but I am very skeptical.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X