Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by UNALions View Post

He was hired about this time last year at UNA a month or so after being scapegoated in Lincoln.

Held and an OLine coach were brought in to right the ship on offense for UNA. They did just that. We lost 5 games by less than one score with two of those in OT. The disappointing record wasn’t because of the offense. Our D graduated several big players from last year and you get the drill. Thankfully, the new OLine coach was retained by our brand new HC.

We’re thankful Held brought a great young QB from Nebraska with him here. He won the job during the first game and ended up being a finalist for FCS Freshman of the Year. Held also turned our nonexistent rushing game into the highlight reel. Our sophomore RB was finalist for the Walter Payton Award (FCS POTY). Sadly, he’s in the portal getting multiple FBS offers.

Held lobbied hard to be our HC. He’d been an assistant to Frost at UCF and Nebraska. He knows how things are done in FBS and we thought for several weeks he might get the job here. Most all of us would have been fine with that choice, honestly.

He’s passionate about coaching and I think will recruit Nebraska and the region very well. I’m excited to watch y’all!
    Your RB is fantastic.

Comment

Originally posted by OPSUALUM77&81 View Post
      I'm underwhelmed. He had success at OPSU only because he had an incredible quarterback during his tenure here. He then moved to SWOSU where he struggled. However, everybody struggles at SWOSU. I want him to do an incredible job at UNK but I am very skeptical.
      That was 15-20 years ago.
      Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

Here's a roundup of some interviews on the coaching change. I came away impressed with Coach Held. He's done some good interviews since taking the job. Hopefully he can back it up on the field. I also found AD Bauer's interview enlightening. Without directly saying it, he implied Held was a finalist for the Pitt State job in 2019. Also, North Alabama AD Josh Looney, formerly of Missouri Western, wanted to take the interim tag off Held, but boosters pressured him into making an outside hire.

KLPR (UNK student radio station) interview with Ryan Held - https://m.soundcloud.com/loperradio/...loper-football

Doug and Daddy Show interview with Held (starts around the 8:00 mark) - http://podcast.platteriverradio.com/...1_12-21-22.mp3

KRVN interview with AD Marc Bauer - https://ruralradio.com/krvn/news/bau...for-new-coach/

Comment

Word is that all of the previous coaching staff have either left or been fired.

Comment

Originally posted by IfYouAintLope View Post
            If true, that's a little disappointing. At least some continuity would have been nice. We'll have to see how many more players transfer now. A new era of Loper football indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by IfYouAintLope View Post
              Wow! Most new coaches at least keep a recruiter orv2 around to ease the transition.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

Wow! Most new coaches at least keep a recruiter orv2 around to ease the transition.
                +1 especially when the coach was doing well and left on his own.

Comment

I watched the WT intro deal with Lynn. He said he took the job to be closer to family. He also said he's bringing some coaches with him.

Comment

Hopefully we start hearing of some hires. Most of the assistants still have UNK stuff up on their Twitter profiles.

Comment

Originally posted by Loper5 View Post

Hopefully we start hearing of some hires. Most of the assistants still have UNK stuff up on their Twitter profiles.
                      Probably waiting for their contracts to expire at the end of the calendar year

none of them are on the coaches page on the website

Comment

OC landed at Army
                        https://twitter.com/ArmyWP_Football/...wvTNjxuCw&s=19

Comment

Any word about Shayne Shade? He's a branch of the NW coaching tree still at UNK.

Comment

I didn't find anything on Twitter on him, but his profile is pretty barren.

I think the DC may go with Lynn based on some of his Twitter follows.

Comment

Originally posted by NW Normal View Post
                              Any word about Shayne Shade? He's a branch of the NW coaching tree still at UNK.
                              Coach Shade is leaving. I believe he was offered a position but turned down.

Comment

I didn't find anything on Twitter on him, but his profile is pretty barren.

I think the DC may go with Lynn based on some of his Twitter follows.
                                I believe Willrich and Gallas will go to WT. I could see Shade as well, he certainly was active on the sidelines with the offense as Thatcher was in the press box.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X