Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by washeduptiger View Post
    Broke out an nsic map — if augustana goes D1 — usf and Wayne would be good additions for a miaa north. They’d likely still have some longer drives even in the northern divison.

North- usf, Wayne, UNK, fhsu, nwms, mwsu.
    South- pitt, UCO, Lincoln, mssu neosu, emporia

Without doing the math I’m not sure who would be a better fit where as far as ucm and washburn.

means you’d have 6 games for your division and 3/4 cross overs and 1-2 ooc

north division think you could partner with nsic, gliac or glvc for games.

south think you go GAC and LSIC
    I definitely don't want Lincoln and NSU in the same group. The winner of that group would have a PO handicap every year. Swap them for UCM.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

I definitely don't want Lincoln and NSU in the same group. The winner of that group would have a PO handicap every year. Swap them for UCM.
      Why do you think I put em in the south with you?

that being said may be the only 2 games we have a chance if changes aren’t made this off-season

Comment

Why do you think I put em in the south with you?

that being said may be the only 2 games we have a chance if changes aren’t made this off-season
        Yeah. I still can't get over how fast that team went downhill. Did Brown lose the locker room somehow?

Comment

Yeah. I still can't get over how fast that team went downhill. Did Brown lose the locker room somehow?
          I wish I knew. I’m 20 hours away now and don’t keep in touch with Brown or anyone on the team quite as much as I used to.

From what I understood there was quite a bit of issues after 2021 season. Don’t know how much that stemmed from turning down the bowl game in 2019 versus just COVID laziness. Ike leaving and then losing 3 or 4 dlineman says there was something going on in the dline room most likely.

That turned into only having 10-15 Guys actually in Hays for summer workout this past summer. Fun fact you can’t win in the MIAA if you’re not going to show up and work.

Brown made the comment to a buddy of mine that the numbers were almost as bad as the year he started.

I’m hopeful that some house cleaning and some graduating help to fix the locker room. We started 4 freshman olineman towards the end year. Ton of young guys on defense. My hope is they can turn into a 7 or 8 win team this next year to show there’s some life in the program. I like Brown too much as a man to count him out after 2 rough seasons.

Comment

I wish I knew. I’m 20 hours away now and don’t keep in touch with Brown or anyone on the team quite as much as I used to.

From what I understood there was quite a bit of issues after 2021 season. Don’t know how much that stemmed from turning down the bowl game in 2019 versus just COVID laziness. Ike leaving and then losing 3 or 4 dlineman says there was something going on in the dline room most likely.

That turned into only having 10-15 Guys actually in Hays for summer workout this past summer. Fun fact you can’t win in the MIAA if you’re not going to show up and work.

Brown made the comment to a buddy of mine that the numbers were almost as bad as the year he started.

I’m hopeful that some house cleaning and some graduating help to fix the locker room. We started 4 freshman olineman towards the end year. Ton of young guys on defense. My hope is they can turn into a 7 or 8 win team this next year to show there’s some life in the program. I like Brown too much as a man to count him out after 2 rough seasons.
            I definitely hope he turns it back around.

I think he will get the D back, but offensively they have been feast or famine since Fuller came along. I would like to see them find a better balance and get some physicality back on that side of the ball.

Comment

I definitely hope he turns it back around.

I think he will get the D back, but offensively they have been feast or famine since Fuller came along. I would like to see them find a better balance and get some physicality back on that side of the ball.
              Offense has been a head scratcher in Hays outside of 2017-2019. Coincidentally that was when the new CSUP head coach was coaching quarterbacks…

I think if they can return to a true pro style offense and truly develop the young oline I think they could play very complimentary football — similar to what Pitt did this year.

All I want is physical, disciplined team that doesn’t give up. Cause we weren’t that at all this year which is frustrating. If the talent was down and we just couldn’t get the job done I get that. What I don’t get is dumb penalties and giving up.

Comment

Harding, AR tech, opsu, and nwosu fit well geographically, in the south, but the okie schools are awful at football.

Wayne neb, aggie and Sioux falls fit well in the north unless you want to t
                lure the glvc schools back in, but again, awful football teams.
                I guess I don't see why those schools would want to join the MIAA. Is the GAC having issues? It appears the 3 NSIC schools would be leaving a strong conference for much longer travel and it isn't like we never have bad winter weather in the MIAA footprint. I don't really see the GLVC schools wanting to come back, I don't see anything that says they've gotten more competitive in FB since they left.

I'm just trying to see where Comm Racy is coming from on the idea to expand and who the interest is coming from.

Comment

Unpopular opinion: If they do add members, I think they won't add football members. It will look like what they did when they added RSU and Newman. Based on the last decade of frustration, someone somewhere loves the stale, boring, uninteresting, monotonous, SILO.

Using that logic, I could see any of the following as potential candidates: OKCU, Langston, Drury, and Rockhurst.

I could be wrong but I doubt UCO would move to FCS. It will be up to cost cutting RUSO and the individual they choose to be the next UCO president to decide.
                  Go Bronchos!

Comment

Racy said something about expanding to as many as 20 teams. I could see him adding 2 football schools and 4 non-football schools. Wayne State or AR/OK schools were the first that came to my mind. Wayne was in the old CSIC, so has played several MIAA schools in the past. I don't see Drury being interested. They offer several other sports that the GLVC does have. I am interested to know what schools have already reached out.

Comment

Originally posted by UCObluejay View Post
                      Unpopular opinion: If they do add members, I think they won't add football members. It will look like what they did when they added RSU and Newman. Based on the last decade of frustration, someone somewhere loves the stale, boring, uninteresting, monotonous, SILO.

Using that logic, I could see any of the following as potential candidates: OKCU, Langston, Drury, and Rockhurst.

I could be wrong but I doubt UCO would move to FCS. It will be up to cost cutting RUSO and the individual they choose to be the next UCO president to decide.
                      My predictions.The silo will die by 2025. UCO will go D1 within a decade or so.

Comment

As much as I dislike silo schedules NWMSU is 3-0 in title games since silo schedules and made the playoffs 100% of the time. They were 3-4 in title games from start of D2 playoffs till the end of non-conference games and only made the playoffs 43.5% of the time.
                        Last edited by NWFanatic; 12-31-2022, 12:57 PM.

Comment

Are there any D3 programs in the area that might be interested in moving up? Just curious.

Comment

Originally posted by NWFanatic View Post
                            As much as I dislike silo schedules NWMSU is 3-0 in title games since silo schedules and made the playoffs 100% of the time. They were 3-4 in title games from start of D2 playoffs till the end of non-conference games and only made the playoffs 43.5% of the time.
                            Guess this means Racy will force the silo schedule to remain to help his beloved NW. NW is evil!

Comment

Neither OPSU nor Langston belong in D2. Neither does NWOSU. They should come to their senses and drop back down. So should some other schools, especially in Oklahoma. UCO, well, their a bunch of p@ssies. They need to move up but they won't do it.

Langston started the D2 process several years ago but quickly came to their senses and stayed NAIA where they belong.

Comment

Originally posted by crixus View Post
                                Are there any D3 programs in the area that might be interested in moving up? Just curious.
                                Bunch of D3 Iowa schools that could fit from a location standpoint. Idk about competition wise as I don’t follow them closely. There are some naia that fit based off location but not really for competition.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X