Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OPSUALUM77&81 View Post
    Langston started the D2 process several years ago but quickly came to their senses and stayed NAIA where they belong.
    Part of that was because the travel in the SIAC would've been too much.

Comment

Originally posted by OPSUALUM77&81 View Post
      Neither OPSU nor Langston belong in D2. Neither does NWOSU. They should come to their senses and drop back down. So should some other schools, especially in Oklahoma. UCO, well, their a bunch of p@ssies. They need to move up but they won't do it.

Langston started the D2 process several years ago but quickly came to their senses and stayed NAIA where they belong.
      Did opsu used to be D2? I remember Pitt played them back in the mid 2000's, and I thought they were d2 at the time?

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

Did opsu used to be D2? I remember Pitt played them back in the mid 2000's, and I thought they were d2 at the time?
        They were a full D2 member from 1999 through 2016, but spent most of their D2 tenure playing an NAIA schedule in football (despite not actually being a member of the NAIA at the time). For their final D2 season they were a football member of the LSC and went 1-8 in conference with a win over first-year program UTPB.

Comment

Looking back at their time in D2, it's apparent OPSU had no business being in the division. Only four winning seasons out of 18, with their best being 7-3 in 2014. They also went 6-5 in 2010, 2004 and 2003. All this while playing a lot of NAIA competition, as Inkblot mentioned.

Of note, those back to back winning seasons in 03 and 04 were under new UNK head coach Ryan Held, who moved on to Southwestern Oklahoma State in 2005.

Pitt won at OPSU 70-0 in 2005 and hosted them in 2006, winning 87-0.

Comment

Originally posted by NWFanatic View Post
            We need to go the other way-cut to 10 teams(drop LU/UCO goes FCS and voila 9 conf games/2 non cons again)
            Despite this boards wishes, UCO won’t be going FCS any time soon.
            Roll Chos!

Comment

Originally posted by washeduptiger View Post
              Broke out an nsic map — if augustana goes D1 — usf and Wayne would be good additions for a miaa north. They’d likely still have some longer drives even in the northern divison.

North- usf, Wayne, UNK, fhsu, nwms, mwsu.
              South- pitt, UCO, Lincoln, mssu neosu, emporia

Without doing the math I’m not sure who would be a better fit where as far as ucm and washburn.

means you’d have 6 games for your division and 3/4 cross overs and 1-2 ooc

north division think you could partner with nsic, gliac or glvc for games.

south think you go GAC and LSIC
              You kicking the Mules to the curb?

Comment

Wayne neb, aggie and Sioux falls fit well in the north
                It's fun to imagine the possibilities, but there is zero chance that happens.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post

You kicking the Mules to the curb?
                  Nah didn’t know who would fit better one side or the other out of Washburn or ucm

Comment

If there is expansion my best it will be with LSC schools who don't play football . UA- fort Smith and Oklahoma Christian college are in LCS . What cheaper road trip to kingsville or Kearny

Comment

Adding non-football members (Rockhurst, Drury, UAFS, Ok Christ etc.) makes more sense than adding, or bringing back, GVLC football members that bring nothing to the table. Wayne seems tied to the North but even if they came to the MIAA, that alters travel partners (UNK-FHSU) in several sports. I'd like to keep MIAA football at 10 members and see how it goes.

Comment

Originally posted by Try II View Post
                        Adding non-football members (Rockhurst, Drury, UAFS, Ok Christ etc.) makes more sense than adding, or bringing back, GVLC football members that bring nothing to the table. Wayne seems tied to the North but even if they came to the MIAA, that alters travel partners (UNK-FHSU) in several sports. I'd like to keep MIAA football at 10 members and see how it goes.
                        Who you throwing out to get back down to 10?

Comment

Who you throwing out to get back down to 10?
                          Lincoln. Isn’t it obvious.
                          Roll Chos!

Comment

Originally posted by RollChos View Post

Who else?

Comment

Originally posted by RollChos View Post

I don't have time to teach remedial math to okies.

Comment

He’s going to kick Lincoln out twice, duh.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X