Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

Who you throwing out to get back down to 10?
    attrition takes care of itself eventually if 10 is the strategy which would be preferred but the article is referencing a mega league

i assume there will be no ccg(? - b/c when would they play it?) so we'll have a diminished cc. sounds dreamy.
    Go Bearcats!
    M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

Originally posted by northwest missouri state View Post

attrition takes care of itself eventually if 10 is the strategy which would be preferred but the article is referencing a mega league

i assume there will be no ccg(? - b/c when would they play it?) so we'll have a diminished cc. sounds dreamy.

Division champ who goes the furthest in the playoffs is cc.

Comment

I like 10, but you constantly run the risk of becoming the gliac overnight. Then it's all scrambling around for games or playing each other multiple times.

Most of the 10 member years had 3 guaranteed bottom feeders every year and 1 or 2 more that were likely to end up that way. The conference is stronger now, imo. Even with Lincoln and NSU.

Comment

Originally posted by GorillaTeacher View Post
          He’s going to kick Lincoln out twice, duh.
          10 MIAA opponents ... 1 non-con. NSU should come to it's senses and go to the GAC but that apparently won't happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

Division champ who goes the furthest in the playoffs is cc.
            that's absurd.

silo is preferable to this option.

most years any league is not going to produce a nc including ours. but every yr there is a league champ & having something legitimate to play for is important.

the honks running this league are like politicians. every idea is worse than the last. cue the excuses.
            Go Bearcats!
            M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

Any expansion should lead to division and a conference championship game. The silo is boring and played out.

Comment

when are you playing it
                Go Bearcats!
                M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

when are you playing it
                  Last week of the regular season - PSAC style.

Comment

& the rest of the leagues playing games that don't matter (apparently?)

ya this is spectacularly bad
                    Go Bearcats!
                    M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

& the rest of the leagues playing games that don't matter (apparently?)

ya this is spectacularly bad
                      I think it makes perfect sense. That last week is an open date, where you play 1 v 1, 2 v 2, 3 v 3, 4 v 4, 5 v 5, 6 v 6 plays.

If you already played that opponent during the regular season in crossover games, you can swap whichever way you wish, except 1 v 1 where you get the conference champ, which may be a rematch.

Comment

Originally posted by GorillaTeacher View Post

I think it makes perfect sense. That last week is an open date, where you play 1 v 1, 2 v 2, 3 v 3, 4 v 4, 5 v 5, 6 v 6 plays.

If you already played that opponent during the regular season in crossover games, you can swap whichever way you wish, except 1 v 1 where you get the conference champ, which may be a rematch.
                        It feels like the potential for knocking teams out of the playoffs grows doing that. I suppose it could work the other way too though by adding a quality win if the right team wins for instance in that 2 vs 2 game. I'm not sure how I feel about it to be honest.

Comment

Originally posted by Try II View Post

10 MIAA opponents ... 1 non-con. NSU should come to it's senses and go to the GAC but that apparently won't happen.
                          That would make everyone have a different week off. That makes scheduling noncons a lot tougher.

Comment

Originally posted by Alfred33 View Post

It feels like the potential for knocking teams out of the playoffs grows doing that. I suppose it could work the other way too though by adding a quality win if the right team wins for instance in that 2 vs 2 game. I'm not sure how I feel about it to be honest.
                            Right there with you on not knowing if it would be a blessing or a burden. .

I dislike cc games. It leaves the last week full of empty stadiums because people can't plan to attend ahead of time when they have no idea where or who they are playing.

Comment

it works in div 1a b/c there are weeks between the end of season & bowls/playoff. all those last week games that get planned on the fly between league opp's that also don't count toward the league standings for the season but oh by the way they can help/hurt your playoff chances - this is stupid. you know what makes perfect sense? a ten team league where you play everybody & crown a legitimate champion. d1a's deal with the devil is for tv $. there is no trade off for d2.

all you have to do is wait. someone(s) will leave it's inevitable.
                              Go Bearcats!
                              M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

it works in div 1a b/c there are weeks between the end of season & bowls/playoff. all those last week games that get planned on the fly between league opp's that also don't count toward the league standings for the season but oh by the way they can help/hurt your playoff chances - this is stupid. you know what makes perfect sense? a ten team league where you play everybody & crown a legitimate champion. d1a's deal with the devil is for tv $. there is no trade off for d2.

all you have to do is wait. someone(s) will leave it's inevitable.
                                Idk. I think almost anything is better than the silo. The regular season is a snoozefest seeing the exact same teams.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X