Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CatFan88 View Post

Make the week 11 games a showcase at a neutral site. Play games on Friday and Saturday.
    Now there’s a fun idea.

Comment

Obvious shot in the dark here:

What are the odds that either RSU or Newman add football?

I honestly don't know much about the structure or makeup of those schools.
      Go Bronchos!

Comment

Originally posted by UCObluejay View Post
        Obvious shot in the dark here:

What are the odds that either RSU or Newman add football?

I honestly don't know much about the structure or makeup of those schools.
        I’d lean towards highly unlikely for Newman. While I think a D2 or an FCS football school (Wichita State adds football) would be perfect in Wichita don’t foresee it happening

Comment

Originally posted by washeduptiger View Post

I’d lean towards highly unlikely for Newman. While I think a D2 or an FCS football school (Wichita State adds football) would be perfect in Wichita don’t foresee it happening
          Not that I am suggesting this, but what would Friends bring to the table? They don't seem to do too well in football at the NAIA level, but could a football presence in Wichita be beneficial? You'd think they'd be able to recruit some lower-level talent from the local JUCOs.

If football isnt a requirement, would Drury and/or Rockhurst be interested in leaving the GLVC? IIRC they applied back in the early 2000s but at that time the MIAA wasn't interested in non-football playing schools. Obviously that's out the window from the MIAA perspective since Newman and Rogers State have joined.

Comment

Oops. I misread your post. It would n
            be cool if Wichita added an FCS team. I think they are pretty far from any others, though.

Comment

Originally posted by wubod View Post

Not that I am suggesting this, but what would Friends bring to the table? They don't seem to do too well in football at the NAIA level, but could a football presence in Wichita be beneficial? You'd think they'd be able to recruit some lower-level talent from the local JUCOs.

If football isnt a requirement, would Drury and/or Rockhurst be interested in leaving the GLVC? IIRC they applied back in the early 2000s but at that time the MIAA wasn't interested in non-football playing schools. Obviously that's out the window from the MIAA perspective since Newman and Rogers State have joined.
              I really hope they're trying to entice schools other than the dregs of the remaining ks schools.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

I really hope they're trying to entice schools other than the dregs of the remaining ks schools.
                That's why I hope they'd be talking to Rockhurst and Drury.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
                  Oops. I misread your post. It would n
                  be cool if Wichita added an FCS team. I think they are pretty far from any others, though.

For Wichita FCS wise they’d most likely have to slot into the MVC or OVC which expands either conferences foot print by a lot. They’ll likely never add football back however.

Coincidentally I think the MIAA is going to run into the same issue— they’re going to have to expand the footprint pretty significantly (getting into Northern NE, South Dakota, or Iowa or lower the overall play atleast initially by adding NAIA schools.

also seems unlikely to me that those NSIC schools jump ship. From what I can gather that conference seems to be relatively well ran.

Comment

For Wichita FCS wise they’d most likely have to slot into the MVC or OVC which expands either conferences foot print by a lot. They’ll likely never add football back however.

Coincidentally I think the MIAA is going to run into the same issue— they’re going to have to expand the footprint pretty significantly (getting into Northern NE, South Dakota, or Iowa or lower the overall play atleast initially by adding NAIA schools.

also seems unlikely to me that those NSIC schools jump ship. From what I can gather that conference seems to be relatively well ran.
                    Yeah. They will have to go north or South to expand.

Comment

Outside of some of the northern Arkansas GAC schools, I would much rather just go north myself. Wayne State makes sense but then it gets tricker from there.

Comment

Well this discussion certainly takes a turn with this news. https://glvcsports.com/news/2023/1/2...e-member.aspx?

Comment

Have any MIAA schools released their football schedule for 2023?

Comment

Upper Iowa just bailed for the GLVC. The only NSIC school where you'd have even a remote chance at luring to the MIAA would be Wayne (Neb.) State, though most of the MIAA schools are at least 5-6 hours away from WSC - and that's not factoring in how far away the Oklahoma schools are.
                            Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Originally posted by BartonHornet View Post
                              Outside of some of the northern Arkansas GAC schools, I would much rather just go north myself. Wayne State makes sense but then it gets tricker from there.
                              Unless the MIAA wants to go back to "divisions" - or at the very least a "pod" concept to allow for two pods of six teams each - with five divisional games, four cross-division games and two non-conference games, would it even be worth expanding just to add a 12th team to maintain the silo scheduling scheme?

With Lincoln (Mo.) leaving for the GLVC, would there be some momentum from either UCO or Northeastern State to at least consider the idea of joining the GAC? Or does that appear to be too much of a longshot of ever happening?

As I noted a couple posts ago, Wayne, Neb. is a hike from a lot of the current MIAA schools outside of MoWest, Northwest and Kearney, which, are the only MIAA schools within four hours of Wayne State. The options are pretty barren once you get north of Kansas.
                              Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Originally posted by ctrabs74 View Post

Upper Iowa just bailed for the GLVC. The only NSIC school where you'd have even a remote chance at luring to the MIAA would be Wayne (Neb.) State, though most of the MIAA schools are at least 5-6 hours away from WSC - and that's not factoring in how far away the Oklahoma schools are.
                                With Lincoln leaving likely a moot point.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X